Quote Originally Posted by petectid
The unfortunate aspect of academies is that they do no better than other state schools when inspected. So you have to ask the question; Is all this change worthwhile, has private investment improved the school? In quite a few cases the answer is no, do a search on Google for "academies fail inspection" you will find the results show quite a few academies not coming up to scratch, ie not really an improvement on what they replace.
And the reason they do not come up to scratch is because they 'think' they don't have to try as they are academies. When you stop trying to run a school as a business and run it as a school then maybe things will improve. You would have thought after watching the Tories try and run the transport as a business they would have go the message......

Chucking large wards of cash at a problem does not make it better. If anything it makes it worse as people get the mind set that they can buy themselves out of trouble.

Steady on Matt.....

I am still waiting for my Swiss bank account to be approved and then I'm off with my £500K....
Any jobs comming up at your place ?