+ Post New Thread
BookMe Thread, Two week timetables : what is needed in Projects:; OK so I'm going to start working on the two week timetable stuff, so wanted to know what people need ...
    Thank Post

Two week timetables : what is needed

OK so I'm going to start working on the two week timetable stuff, so wanted to know what people need from it, as I've never used a two week timetable so don't know the intricacies of it.
    What I'm thinking so far, and please correct anything I have wrong or should be a variable not a defined setting, is:

[LIST][*]General settings option asking whether a one or two week timetable. If 1 week, all further options are removed, otherwise.....[*]When adding an academic year, the first week of that year is always set as week 1[*]When adding a holiday, the option will be there to specify which weeks timetable will start after the holiday[*]It will be assumed that both weeks have the same number of periods, and are exactly alike in every respect apart from which lessons are scheduled

Is there anything else a two week timetable should have or options that should be given?

Thank Post
    I think those changes would be absolutely fantastic. I have just installed your Booking System and am hugely impressed. As soon as there is 2 week timetable function, I would be more than happy to roll live.

Thank Post
    Hi Ben,

V2, which will include the multi week system among other features, is currently in development, but fitting it around work is slow going at the moment. I'd love to be able to give you a timescale on when it would be released but unfortunately can't at the moment.
    Many thanks

Mike

4. Thanks to d0pefish from:

Benmorgan86uk (15th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    OK so I'm going to start working on the two week timetable stuff, so wanted to know what people need from it, as I've never used a two week timetable so don't know the intricacies of it.
    What I'm thinking so far, and please correct anything I have wrong or should be a variable not a defined setting, is:

[LIST][*]General settings option asking whether a one or two week timetable. If 1 week, all further options are removed, otherwise.....[*]When adding an academic year, the first week of that year is always set as week 1[*]When adding a holiday, the option will be there to specify which weeks timetable will start after the holiday[*]It will be assumed that both weeks have the same number of periods, and are exactly alike in every respect apart from which lessons are scheduled

Is there anything else a two week timetable should have or options that should be given?
    Our 2 weeks are known as 'A' week and 'B' week rather than by number (might be the same for everyone!)

6. Thanks to fiza from:

Benmorgan86uk (15th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi Mike,

Beggars can't be choosers, I am more than happy to wait as long as necessary, completely understand as you're giving up your own time to share this with the Edugeek community. Kudos to you and looking forward to any updates.

Thank Post
    I'm currently working through a list of the features I want/need to incorporate to V2 so if there are things you'd like to see in a booking system, feel free to let me know.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Our 2 weeks are known as 'A' week and 'B' week rather than by number (might be the same for everyone!)
    I'm looking at *hopefully* making the timetable part a lot more customisable so just about any configuration of weeks/days/periods should be allowed.....hopefully!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread