+ Post New Thread
Blue Skies Thread, SEN Tracking Systems in General; Hi, I'm new to this site and need a little help/advice please. I am doing some work for a school ...

Thank Post

Post SEN Tracking Systems

Hi, I'm new to this site and need a little help/advice please. I am doing some work for a school that requires a comprehensive tracker to be built for its SEN pupils. This is not just about qualitative information but also quantitative. For instance, an intervention is recorded but then also needed are baseline figures eg Reading Age and Comprehension and then x weeks later pupil is retested to see if intervention has worked. System also needs to record pupil premiums, TA time allocated, number of times pupil attends sessions etc etc - quite a lot really. The school would like it to be built into SIMS but it strikes me that this is really a relational database and may not be sufficiently alterable to be able to capture this additional large amount. I am led to believe that PARS may do or that 4Matrix (?) may work. From what I can see most schools that are actively tracking use excel due to the analytics required.

Any ideas or comments please?

Thanks

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanks for this Ephelyon. There appears to be lots of stuff that records qualitative events/interventions etc but nothing for the quantitative stuff eg Pupil Premium amount, hours spent on intervention, marks at start and end etc, so apart from the obvious (Excel) nothing else appears to be able to perform more complex analytics?

Thank Post
    Probably best to contact them and request a trial. BlueHills mainly comes into its own on the financial side, where the school needs to be able to show the impact of e.g. Pupil Premium money being spent and give evidence of their interventions and provision maps, though it does have other features too. To be honest it's more the kind of thing that ought to be part of a MIS rather than an add-on product; Capita are working on SIMS' SEN facilities at the moment but we're unlikely to see a comprehensive offering for another few releases.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread