+ Post New Thread
Birmingham Grid for Learning (BGfL) Thread, Health Check into Service Birmingham in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); City council to conduct health check of Service Birmingham deal - West Midlands News - News - Birmingham Post Perhaps ...
    Thank Post

Health Check into Service Birmingham

City council to conduct health check of Service Birmingham deal - West Midlands News - News - Birmingham Post

Perhaps they'll action change requests in under two weeks, without a letter to the Director of Link!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,206 Posts
    To be honest, a contract of that size should be scrutinised. I think the real reason however is given the economical crisis and I am sure politicians and councillors are looking to save money, but still deliver a good service (where possible).

The irony of that link (above) is that the contract was signed in 2006. Birmingham City Council councillors and the Government (at the time) would of been Labour for certain, yet they're critical of the Tory-Lib Dem councillors who didn't (most likely) sign the agreement.

Hmmm, work that one out. It looks like another example of councillors trying to justify themselves and make changes for the sake of making changes...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    To be honest, a contract of that size should be scrutinised. I think the real reason however is given the economical crisis and I am sure politicians and councillors are looking to save money, but still deliver a good service (where possible).

The irony of that link (above) is that the contract was signed in 2006. Birmingham City Council councillors and the Government (at the time) would of been Labour for certain, yet they're critical of the Tory-Lib Dem councillors who didn't (most likely) sign the agreement.

Hmmm, work that one out. It looks like another example of councillors trying to justify themselves and make changes for the sake of making changes...
    to be honest some of the quotes coming from the article smacks of your typical local councillor cluelessness. examples of So-called 'business transformation' is much more than just a few new call centers. Obviously, the councillors tend to focus on the customer facing bit and how well that services the city's citizens, but really the scope of what's involved in new IT systems, organizational change of your ICT service and infrastructure is probably a bit too much work for them to have to comprehend. So they obviously focus on the stuff that makes the papers like job offshoring.

What exactly do they hope to achieve by commisioning more expense in a report. I wouldn't say an analysis isn't a good move, but the whole point of ict transformation is that it's supposed to have cost benefits - if those have turned out to be pie in the sky numbers then i think it'll cost a lot more than they'd be willing to spend for someone to tell them where they're going wrong - what can they possibly unwind from such a deal anyway give the years of budget cuts ahead...?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread