+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Birmingham Grid for Learning (BGfL) Thread, Zimbra in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); They have deleted ANY account that wasnt logged in within what looks like 3 months! Some just had forwarders, FFS!! ...

Thank Post
    They have deleted ANY account that wasnt logged in within what looks like 3 months!

Some just had forwarders, FFS!!

Almost 600 student emails, and numerous staff! *shakes head*

Thank Post
    They did email the school saying they were going to delete inactive accounts (I think they sent it to the enquiry account) but I told them that I didnt want any deleted at which point I dont think I should have had to do anything else.

I believe they then put every single Zimra account they host that hadnt been logged into for 3 months into maintenance mode and expected us to then go in and take any accounts out of maintenance mode that we wanted to keep (you have to do this one account at a time...) any accounts that were still in maintenance mode got deleted on a given date (not sure when exactly).

They have said they can restore deleted accounts but they havent restored ours yet; if you log a call with them saying you want your zimbra accounts restored assuming they have working backups then given time you should get them back...

On a different note I found my Ebriefing account had been deleted I'm not sure when this happened as I never login to it I just used the weekly email function to receive anything that was relevant.

Thank Post
    No email to either of my schools, no notice, nothing....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    No email to either of my schools, no notice, nothing....
    That's bad - the only reason I got the email was because the School Business Manager sent me a copy (she gets all the enquiry mail)
    If they do restore the deleted accounts like they have said they will then I'll stick with Zimbra for this financial year but in the mean time I'm going to be looking at the alternatives with our ICT Coordinator.

Schools do need to delete old accounts but we were already doing this at the end of every school year and link2icts approach this time was too heavy handed. Most of the time link2ict are quite helpful and one of my former colleagues actually works for them but I think they got it wrong this time.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789