+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Birmingham Grid for Learning (BGfL) Thread, Dear Link2ICT, we need to talk........(NM meeting) in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Originally Posted by Trojan On ebriefing this morning: http://ebriefing.bgfl.org/bcc_ebrief...093607014&zs=n It's a good start, but it'll be absolutely pointless if 100 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    It's a good start, but it'll be absolutely pointless if 100 network managers turn up. This needs to be split up over days, not a single day to genuinely hear what everyone has to say.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    True, but i guess not all 100 people are gonna have something to say...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    True, but i guess not all 100 people are gonna have something to say...
    I think the outcome will be more positive if there were just groups of 10 network managers, talking directly to the relevant people in Link2ICT.

My only worry with the 'schedule' is it covers the likes of Office 365. This has nothing to do with connectivity for example and should be reserved for another discussion. We all know Zimbra is less than adequate and evidently you do not need Link2ICT to move to Office 365. We do need Link2ICT when it comes to resolving the connectivity issues, seeing as it is their network. This should be the only topic on the agenda and one we need clear answers and clear expectations. Think about it - without connectivity/firewall issues properly resolved the other 'topics' won't work without it.

It's unclear why Link2ICT are going round with circles with this. Just migrate existing schools to Office 365 and be done with Zimbra. There's nothing more to discuss

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's unclear why Link2ICT are going round with circles with this. Just migrate existing schools to Office 365 and be done with Zimbra. There's nothing more to discuss
    I think it is probably because they have zero management or control over O365, if a school calls with an issue what are they to do? Sorry we cant help you because we made you have O365, that just wouldn't work. However if a school makes the conscious decision to move and has the technical knowledge to do so they will also know that in terms of O365 they are on their own (except for the wonderfully helpful people here on Edugeek anyway).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighterjim View Post
    I think it is probably because they have zero management or control over O365, if a school calls with an issue what are they to do? Sorry we cant help you because we made you have O365, that just wouldn't work. However if a school makes the conscious decision to move and has the technical knowledge to do so they will also know that in terms of O365 they are on their own (except for the wonderfully helpful people here on Edugeek anyway).
    I'd say logically in the context of Office 365 that Link2ICT would have one administrator account per school to resolve problems on request. It's extremely rare that Office 365 is completely down, so you continue managing it in the same fashion, but it's hosted by someone else in the background. The same could be said for VLEs or anything else - it probably makes more financial sense for one of the big UK hosting providers to physically host and maintain the servers.

Thank Post
    My MS licencing ran out in January and we have renewed but not had anything, my phones are still on order, my re-quote for 100mb upgrade still hasn't materialised, the firewall that was supposed to work in October still does not work......

They have until 7th May

Thank Post
    To add some balance, once I got hold of someone, things do get sorted quite quickly....

Thank Post
    In North Worcs we have had a few get NM get togethers at each others schools. I now work in Brum but am still in touch with the Worcs lot.
    I appreciate Link2ICT making the effort, but if we can come up with a mutually agreeable venue perhaps we should just organise our own?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Synkrox View Post
    In North Worcs we have had a few get NM get togethers at each others schools. I now work in Brum but am still in touch with the Worcs lot.
    I appreciate Link2ICT making the effort, but if we can come up with a mutually agreeable venue perhaps we should just organise our own?
    Its a possibility, I used to do this when I worked in Walsall. Part of the problem is that not all Birmingham schools are represented here but may like the opportunity at an event such as this. Ultimately Link2ICT are taking ownership of organising the event and it can be organised in a central neutral venue. I remember one of the big headaches of the Walsall meetings were needing to travel to relatively inaccessible locations. Can anyone honestly say they would be able to host a large event at their site without causing mass disruption? I would be able to manage about 5 people here.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i think we could start doing that. I was going to suggest it at some point.

Thank Post
    The schools in the Edge collegiate (part of the SWAN network) do it and they have a rep from Link2ICT attend most meetings (Damian Bardham). I stopped going as we've come away from Linkt2ICT now but if anyone want the contact details of the chap that organises them, PM me.

Thank Post
    Damian is our account manager.....

Thank Post
    Think they should also invite those that have left, if they want to get better hear why people left & how they could win them back?

Thank Post
    So almost 48 hours after my first email with several questions that will help decide if I am going to renew for 6 or 12 months, I have still heard nothing back. I have called this afternoon and given my questions to a 3rd person. As they do read what we put up here:

This is why people despair! I know my questions may not be as simple as yes or no but a simple acknowledgement that they are being looked into would be nice!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    funnily enough, i was just thinking 'Hmmm my account manager hasn't got back to me...'

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast