+ Post New Thread
Birmingham Grid for Learning (BGfL) Thread, Alternative to Link2ICT anyone? in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hi all, I've been advising a non profit organisation which are looking to offer a one stop solution to schools. ...

Thank Post

Smile Alternative to Link2ICT anyone?

Hi all,

I've been advising a non profit organisation which are looking to offer a one stop solution to schools.

Out of interest how many schools out there would be interested in this service?
    I DO NOT work or have any financial interest in this just want to make you all aware there is now a possible viable alternative to Link2ICT.

PM me if you are interested & i'll let you know more.

Thank Post
    We're about to start our second of a 3 year deal with RM. 50mb up and down and we've not had a single outage so far. We have a smoothwall proxy which keeps our connection nice and zippy. I wouldn't be averse to hearing about other options for us to consider for when our 3 year deal is up as RM are not the quickest for provisioning change requests, and they did bork things up with our email for a while at the start of the deal, although Link2ICT were partly to blame in that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chippo View Post
    Hi all,

I've been advising a non profit organisation which are looking to offer a one stop solution to schools.

Out of interest how many schools out there would be interested in this service?
    I DO NOT work or have any financial interest in this just want to make you all aware there is now a possible viable alternative to Link2ICT.

PM me if you are interested & i'll let you know more.
    If you can offer a good FTTC/leased line solution WITH access to Birmingham City Council services like CRISP, FCS, etc without having to implement a VPN workaround, a good filtering/firewall solution and priced much cheaper than link2ict, you'll have loads of schools looking to sign up. A lot of schools get scared with losing access to certain birmingham city council services if they leave. Work that out and the rest is easy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread