+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Birmingham Grid for Learning (BGfL) Thread, How to black out most of Birmingham....Let Link2ICT update your firewall in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Originally Posted by Little-Miss I'm sat with Trojan on one of the back tables.. I'm in the middle...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    I'm sat with Trojan on one of the back tables..
    I'm in the middle

Thank Post
    Anyone not at the conf and on BGFL - can you please try to download this - https://lastpass.eu/sync/lastpass_x64.exe

I'm getting Error code: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

Thank Post
    To the right with a white hoody on look bored.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Anyone not at the conf and on BGFL - can you please try to download this - https://lastpass.eu/sync/lastpass_x64.exe

I'm getting Error code: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
    Thinks it blocked, downloaded fine via phones 3g got same as above via vpn to school domain.

5. Thanks to DocHouse from:

CHR1S (20th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Happy to share with you what 97% of London schools are currently doing....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    So how was the Link2ICT conference?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You know, they had some decent speakers on. Obviously it was more curric focused but i still found parts interesting.

There was one particular speaker we all felt the same about, think he needs to work on his pitch. He was shocking. Birmingham e-Learning Foundation.

The bit we were interested in was very quick. As someone mentioned, maybe they need to start the NM meetings up again.

9. Thanks to Little-Miss from:

CHR1S (20th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Avoid BeLF like the plague. It's just a massive tax dodge from which they benefit very nicely. We've currently got a £56,000 hole in our ICT Dev budget because the head wanted us to push through a tablet scheme after being won over by BeLF.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    Avoid BeLF like the plague. It's just a massive tax dodge from which they benefit very nicely. We've currently got a £56,000 hole in our ICT Dev budget because the head wanted us to push through a tablet scheme after being won over by BeLF.
    Nobody at the conference yesterday would take them seriously now anyway. Like I posted yesterday, apparently owning an iPad makes you a better person. If you take one to an interview you will get the job. I saw curriculum based staff rolling their eyes at that point.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighterjim View Post
    Nobody at the conference yesterday would take them seriously now anyway. Like I posted yesterday, apparently owning an iPad makes you a better person. If you take one to an interview you will get the job. I saw curriculum based staff rolling their eyes at that point.
    The irony here (as I investigated recently) is e-safety when it comes to the iPad and education is basically zero. There was one really good product I found researching which monitors keywords etc... but this meant you'd have to jailbreak your iPad for the app to run. Multiply this by the many iPads schools already have and that's a lot of work.

Clearly Apple have no care in the world for safeguarding children and this is why the likes of Forensic and other companies do not have a Policy Central or equivalent app. Apple appear to be blocking such apps because it's classified as spying or key logging.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The irony here (as I investigated recently) is e-safety when it comes to the iPad and education is basically zero. There was one really good product I found researching which monitors keywords etc... but this meant you'd have to jailbreak your iPad for the app to run. Multiply this by the many iPads schools already have and that's a lot of work.

Clearly Apple have no care in the world for safeguarding children and this is why the likes of Forensic and other companies do not have a Policy Central or equivalent app. Apple appear to be blocking such apps because it's classified as spying or key logging.
    Sighs.........

Customer Stories | Lightspeed Systems

Web Filter Overview | Lightspeed Systems

Disclaimer: I don't work for Lightspeed

Thank Post
    Would you really want to inflict the god awful Policy Central on iPads?!? Sure way to slow them down to a crawl. Policy central is a good idea badly implemented.

Thank Post
    As far as I can see Lightspeed isn't a keylogging system, which is essentially what Policy Central is.

If child A sends a threatening e-mail to child B, would Lightspeed detect such activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Sighs.........

Customer Stories | Lightspeed Systems

Web Filter Overview | Lightspeed Systems

Disclaimer: I don't work for Lightspeed

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alis_Klar View Post
    Would you really want to inflict the god awful Policy Central on iPads?!? Sure way to slow them down to a crawl. Policy central is a good idea badly implemented.
    Policy Central isn't perfect, but I'd rather have something rather than nothing - otherwise we're only monitoring Windows devices... defeats the objective. An iPad App may/may not be in the works, but I think Forensic are going to have great difficulty getting it published. Apple's T & C's clearly state that keylogging, spying or hacking type apps are not permitted. This is essentially what Policy Central does for the benefit of schools.

I'll be honest.. in the early days it was awful, like eating a bag of nails, but as of late it's pretty stable and problems are kept to a minimum - comparable with that of AV software.

Thank Post
    As far as I can see Lightspeed isn't a keylogging system, which is essentially what Policy Central is.

If child A sends a threatening e-mail to child B, would Lightspeed detect such activity?

In a word....yes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910