+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
BETT 2015 Thread, Highlights of BETT 2012 in General; For me there were a number of highlights Classroom management - The new version of AB Tutor looked awesome. Should ...
  1. #1
    zag
    zag is online now
    zag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,959
    Thank Post
    969
    Thanked 463 Times in 390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    95

    Highlights of BETT 2012

    For me there were a number of highlights

    Classroom management
    - The new version of AB Tutor looked awesome. Should be out in April according to the sales guy.

    Mobile device Registration - Groupcall were demoing their new version of Emerge and the new Android app. Both looked excellent.
    They also had a native iPad app finally. Really good to hear they are extending the Sims data you can retrieve as well.

    Parental Payments - New version looked really good from ParentPay

    Anything else I missed?

  2. #2

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,067
    Thank Post
    1,897
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Rep Power
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Parental Payments - New version looked really good from ParentPay
    @john might have his own opinions on that

  3. #3
    darkest_star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    carlisle, cumbria
    Posts
    43
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    The Guys LUNS demo'd ZiLink for Moodle Single-Sign-on, SIMS integration, Room Booking and Parental Engagement

    Looked really good well worth a look

    If you have lots of money the 3D Printer from HP was great.

  4. #4
    MGSTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    364
    Thank Post
    13
    Thanked 96 Times in 55 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Personally

    Classroom Management - new version of Impero looks to build on existing features very well and brance out into new ones too!

    Large Format printers The new Canon A0 large bed plotter gave stunning images at a fantastic price (£6.50 for a full A0 colour page)

    Robust Headphones found these at £3.50 each (min case 40) look far better than cheap headphones I've found before and sound quite good on my iphone too! link


    Steve

  5. 3 Thanks to MGSTech:

    Alis_Klar (17th January 2012), north-ict (18th January 2012), russdev (17th January 2012)

  6. #5
    pritchardavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Ockendon, Thurrock, United Kingdom
    Posts
    932
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 64 Times in 58 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    Whats the new features in impero then?

    Also got a good one here!

    Our head of ICT teacher went to BETT. She got intrested in DreamSpark, they told her it was free. Come Monday she asks us to sign the academy up for it, its not free!. The Cost is $99 on theirt website. I phoned Microsoft up, they told me this was changed this week, it use to be complety free. (Already knew it use to be free, as I signed the school up for this before, but it just didnt get new, plus its expired to)

    But surely they must of known that the was going to add a cost for this the next week after Bett, why give incorrect information out
    Last edited by pritchardavid; 16th January 2012 at 07:08 PM.

  7. Thanks to pritchardavid from:

    russdev (17th January 2012)

  8. #6

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,427
    Thank Post
    1,532
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    @john might have his own opinions on that
    The new parent interface looks very nice and a big improvement however I am still concerned over the September panic but all we can do is wait and see.

    ParentMail also launched the complete new system which is new from the ground up (like Serco Learning have done with Progresso) and that is fantastic top work to Paul (the MD) and his team at ParentMail for that new system

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Surburbia
    Posts
    2,178
    Thank Post
    74
    Thanked 307 Times in 243 Posts
    Rep Power
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by pritchardavid View Post
    I phoned Microsoft up, they told me this was changed this week, it use to be complety free.
    :: It used to work for kids via their Live@Edu account.. .. but not any more, or at least not obviously.

  10. #8
    RobFuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    316
    Thank Post
    83
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    For me Micro Librarian Systems joining forces with Overdrive that should really start to push eBooks in the UK.

  11. #9
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    557
    Thank Post
    27
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by pritchardavid View Post
    Our head of ICT teacher went to BETT. She got intrested in DreamSpark, they told her it was free. Come Monday she asks us to sign the academy up for it, its not free!. The Cost is $99 on theirt website. I phoned Microsoft up, they told me this was changed this week, it use to be complety free. (Already knew it use to be free, as I signed the school up for this before, but it just didnt get new, plus its expired to)

    But surely they must of known that the was going to add a cost for this the next week after Bett, why give incorrect information out
    I've passed on your feedback about the confusion to the folks that run the DreamSpark program in the UK.
    Last edited by jamesbmarshall; 17th January 2012 at 10:02 AM.

  12. #10
    enjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,497
    Thank Post
    282
    Thanked 196 Times in 167 Posts
    Rep Power
    76
    GCSEPod looked good - podcasts of revision notes. The price tag of £1200/year makes it rather inaccessible for smaller schools. Even if we passed the cost on to the students, it would still be £25 each; we could possibly afford to do it with those subjects who really wanted to promote it though.

    I liked Epson's portable interactive short-throw projector which bolts onto the side of a table.

    Firefly VLE looked good - pages can be released to specific classes based on automatic SIMS export, homework hand-in folder and AD-integration for automatic login.

  13. #11
    enjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,497
    Thank Post
    282
    Thanked 196 Times in 167 Posts
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFuller View Post
    For me Micro Librarian Systems joining forces with Overdrive that should really start to push eBooks in the UK.
    Missed that - I didn't go to MLS, as I thought our Librarian was well plugged in for updates from them. What did I miss?

  14. #12
    rich_tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,158
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 149 Times in 130 Posts
    Rep Power
    67
    Impero looked very impressive to me - Advanced power saving and monitoring features(you can pretty much point out underutilised PCs and see what ones are heavily used looking at idle times and such), live bandwidth and CPU monitoring (so no more "the system isnt working" when someones in the classroom downloading isos and watching 4 youtube streams at the same time). Abilities to talk to people your dealing with remotely too, so you can say "Try logging in now" and such whenyour fixing a PC remotely, they can also talk back to you if a mic is available.

    I was also impressed by a lot of the huge touch screen monitors running the google maps type program where you could control a lot of stuff on the screen using gestures similar to the film minority report, shame they weighed in at large prices.
    Last edited by rich_tech; 17th January 2012 at 10:41 AM.

  15. Thanks to rich_tech from:

    russdev (17th January 2012)

  16. #13

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,067
    Thank Post
    1,897
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Rep Power
    833
    I liked the sound of Ribbon Hero 2 - a free add on to Office 2007/10 from Microsoft for teaching Office skills.

  17. #14

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,970
    Thank Post
    735
    Thanked 556 Times in 371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by pritchardavid View Post
    Whats the new features in impero then?

    Also got a good one here!

    Our head of ICT teacher went to BETT. She got intrested in DreamSpark, they told her it was free. Come Monday she asks us to sign the academy up for it, its not free!. The Cost is $99 on theirt website. I phoned Microsoft up, they told me this was changed this week, it use to be complety free. (Already knew it use to be free, as I signed the school up for this before, but it just didnt get new, plus its expired to)

    But surely they must of known that the was going to add a cost for this the next week after Bett, why give incorrect information out
    Hi David

    As been said main new features of Impero that we were show casing at BETT where VOIP, System monitoring, Power Management - simpler interface, graphs and graphical breakdown on computer usage.

    Russell

  18. #15
    zag
    zag is online now
    zag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,959
    Thank Post
    969
    Thanked 463 Times in 390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Hi David

    As been said main new features of Impero that we were show casing at BETT where VOIP, System monitoring, Power Management - simpler interface, graphs and graphical breakdown on computer usage.

    Russell
    When is that version released?

    I checked the website and it said the last update was some time ago.

    I'm waiting on ab tutor and lanschool and netsupport to update their software as well. All looked good but nothing was released yet as far as I could see.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [CLOSED] Bug/Error: Bett 2012 banner says 'your' instead of 'you're'
    By localzuk in forum EduGeek.net Site Problems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th December 2011, 02:23 PM
  2. The highlight of your summer
    By FN-GM in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30th July 2010, 01:40 AM
  3. RM out of BETT 2011?
    By snrweb in forum IT News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th July 2010, 09:35 AM
  4. Teachers TV Preview of BETT
    By GrumbleDook in forum BETT 2015
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th January 2010, 05:30 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •