+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
BETT 2015 Thread, Highlights of BETT 2012 in General; For me there were a number of highlights Classroom management - The new version of AB Tutor looked awesome. Should ...
    zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Highlights of BETT 2012

For me there were a number of highlights

Classroom management
    - The new version of AB Tutor looked awesome. Should be out in April according to the sales guy.

Mobile device Registration - Groupcall were demoing their new version of Emerge and the new Android app. Both looked excellent.
    They also had a native iPad app finally. Really good to hear they are extending the Sims data you can retrieve as well.

Parental Payments - New version looked really good from ParentPay

Anything else I missed?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Parental Payments - New version looked really good from ParentPay
    @john might have his own opinions on that

Thank Post
    The Guys LUNS demo'd ZiLink for Moodle Single-Sign-on, SIMS integration, Room Booking and Parental Engagement

Looked really good well worth a look

If you have lots of money the 3D Printer from HP was great.

Thank Post
    Personally

Classroom Management - new version of Impero looks to build on existing features very well and brance out into new ones too!

Large Format printers The new Canon A0 large bed plotter gave stunning images at a fantastic price (£6.50 for a full A0 colour page)

Robust Headphones found these at £3.50 each (min case 40) look far better than cheap headphones I've found before and sound quite good on my iphone too! link

Steve

5. 3 Thanks to MGSTech:

Alis_Klar (17th January 2012), north-ict (18th January 2012), russdev (17th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Whats the new features in impero then?

Also got a good one here!

Our head of ICT teacher went to BETT. She got intrested in DreamSpark, they told her it was free. Come Monday she asks us to sign the academy up for it, its not free!. The Cost is $99 on theirt website. I phoned Microsoft up, they told me this was changed this week, it use to be complety free. (Already knew it use to be free, as I signed the school up for this before, but it just didnt get new, plus its expired to)

But surely they must of known that the was going to add a cost for this the next week after Bett, why give incorrect information out
    Last edited by pritchardavid; 16th January 2012 at 07:08 PM.

7. Thanks to pritchardavid from:

russdev (17th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    @john might have his own opinions on that
    The new parent interface looks very nice and a big improvement however I am still concerned over the September panic but all we can do is wait and see.

ParentMail also launched the complete new system which is new from the ground up (like Serco Learning have done with Progresso) and that is fantastic top work to Paul (the MD) and his team at ParentMail for that new system

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pritchardavid View Post
    I phoned Microsoft up, they told me this was changed this week, it use to be complety free.
    :: It used to work for kids via their Live@Edu account.. .. but not any more, or at least not obviously.

Thank Post
    For me Micro Librarian Systems joining forces with Overdrive that should really start to push eBooks in the UK.

Thank Post
    Our head of ICT teacher went to BETT. She got intrested in DreamSpark, they told her it was free. Come Monday she asks us to sign the academy up for it, its not free!. The Cost is $99 on theirt website. I phoned Microsoft up, they told me this was changed this week, it use to be complety free. (Already knew it use to be free, as I signed the school up for this before, but it just didnt get new, plus its expired to)

But surely they must of known that the was going to add a cost for this the next week after Bett, why give incorrect information out
    I've passed on your feedback about the confusion to the folks that run the DreamSpark program in the UK.
    Last edited by jamesbmarshall; 17th January 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Thank Post
    GCSEPod looked good - podcasts of revision notes. The price tag of £1200/year makes it rather inaccessible for smaller schools. Even if we passed the cost on to the students, it would still be £25 each; we could possibly afford to do it with those subjects who really wanted to promote it though.

I liked Epson's portable interactive short-throw projector which bolts onto the side of a table.

Firefly VLE looked good - pages can be released to specific classes based on automatic SIMS export, homework hand-in folder and AD-integration for automatic login.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFuller View Post
    For me Micro Librarian Systems joining forces with Overdrive that should really start to push eBooks in the UK.
    Missed that - I didn't go to MLS, as I thought our Librarian was well plugged in for updates from them. What did I miss?

Thank Post
    Impero looked very impressive to me - Advanced power saving and monitoring features(you can pretty much point out underutilised PCs and see what ones are heavily used looking at idle times and such), live bandwidth and CPU monitoring (so no more "the system isnt working" when someones in the classroom downloading isos and watching 4 youtube streams at the same time). Abilities to talk to people your dealing with remotely too, so you can say "Try logging in now" and such whenyour fixing a PC remotely, they can also talk back to you if a mic is available.

I was also impressed by a lot of the huge touch screen monitors running the google maps type program where you could control a lot of stuff on the screen using gestures similar to the film minority report, shame they weighed in at large prices.
    Last edited by rich_tech; 17th January 2012 at 10:41 AM.

15. Thanks to rich_tech from:

russdev (17th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,747 Posts
    I liked the sound of Ribbon Hero 2 - a free add on to Office 2007/10 from Microsoft for teaching Office skills.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Whats the new features in impero then?

Also got a good one here!

Hi David

As been said main new features of Impero that we were show casing at BETT where VOIP, System monitoring, Power Management - simpler interface, graphs and graphical breakdown on computer usage.

Russell

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Hi David

As been said main new features of Impero that we were show casing at BETT where VOIP, System monitoring, Power Management - simpler interface, graphs and graphical breakdown on computer usage.

Russell
    When is that version released?

I checked the website and it said the last update was some time ago.

I'm waiting on ab tutor and lanschool and netsupport to update their software as well. All looked good but nothing was released yet as far as I could see.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast