+ Post New Thread
BETT 2015 Thread, How to get to Bett in General; Is there anyone from Birminham going to the bett show on the 14th January 2010. How will you get there?...

Thank Post

How to get to Bett

Is there anyone from Birminham going to the bett show on the 14th January 2010. How will you get there?

Thank Post
    Im going on the 13th and will be driving down and staying at a hotel for 14th and 15th, train is probably the best option.

Thank Post
    never got the train before. Where will i catch the train from in birmingham?

Thank Post
    I would get the train from Birmingham New Street down to London Euston, then get the tude over to Olympia.

Check the train times on National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables

Steve

Thank Post
    Just be aware that the Tube is usually jam packed full, so you have to prepare to be crushed and run for it.

Thank Post
    Tubes fine if you give yourself plenty of time - all the londoners will be charging about - if you aren't in a rush (leave yourself 90 mins - way too much each way to kings x) its not so bad

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tip go early and find a coffee place to get some breakfast. If I was going for 8 start in London. I use to catch 4:30ish train from Leicester no jam packed ride got down there early and then found a costa/starbucks (or something of that vain) spent an hour getting some work done on the wireless.

Russ

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Tip go early and find a coffee place to get some breakfast. If I was going for 8 start in London. I use to catch 4:30ish train from Leicester no jam packed ride got down there early and then found a costa/starbucks (or something of that vain) spent an hour getting some work done on the wireless.

Russ
    Sounds a very doo idea
    Last edited by Devontechie; 21st December 2009 at 11:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post

Russ
    Russ there is only one 4:30 in a day and its not AM! (well unless its in the hotel bar during BETT week)

I agree the Tube gets ram jammed full and if they are still working on the platforms near olympia it will be naff and crowded, plough on the tube and stake your claim to your spot. Do as Russ advises get there early, and my advice is leave late as well then you avoid the crushes as much. Leave plenty of time it always takes longer than you expect and want it to.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The tube to Olympia is often heaving when there's a show on (particularly something big like Bett!)

The other alternative is to get a bus from Euston - come out of the station and cross the main road. Get the 10 bus which will take you to Olympia via Oxford Street, Park Lane, Knightsbridge and Kensington so if you're on the top deck you can do some sight seeing as well! You need to buy your ticket before you get on the bus; there are machines at the bus stops and it costs £2 (you could also get an Oystercard if you want to do some exploring; you'll then pay a max of £3.90 for any bus journeys)

If you want to take a less crowded tube, come out of Euston Station, turn right and walk about 5 minutes to Euston Square. Take the Hammersmith and City line to Hammersmith (end of line!) and then either walk to Olympia (about 10 minutes) or get a bus (there are several; 27 from right outside the tube station but others just round the corner)

11. Thanks to srochford from:

shafia2009 (22nd December 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread