+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
BETT 2014 Thread, BETT 2012 - obligatory "What are you looking for?" thread in General; Maybe you'll nab a few @ russdev for your stand. For anyone that doesn't know, stand G63 is basically the ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Maybe you'll nab a few @russdev for your stand.
    For anyone that doesn't know, stand G63 is basically the hurdle in the 100m dash from entrance to the EG stand at G89.
    It's all part of the initiation for all 1st-timers at BETT

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict View Post
    Don't think you'll get any of those things for free... ;-)
    As Del Boy says... He who dares, wins.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Well, I'm not there officially but I will have a look at moodle resources for one school, and for the other I am looking at interesting ways to engage junior school children with ICT - such things as making videos, whole-school projects, Lego robots or anything else that will move us away from teaching excel etc as stand-alone subjects.
    Also free stuff...lots of free stuff - specifically bags and usb sticks, but anything gratefully accepted.
    And hugs...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Is it Saturday that you're there @witch ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Yep @elsiegee40 - you are bringing your son, arent you? P'raps we'll have time for a coffee?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 1,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Maybe you'll nab a few @russdev for your stand.
    For anyone that doesn't know, stand G63 is basically the hurdle in the 100m dash from entrance to the EG stand at G89.
    It's all part of the initiation for all 1st-timers at BETT
    Lol, alternatively head straight down from the main entrance and hang a left at.......

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Lol, alternatively head straight down from the main entrance and hang a left at.......

Ben

sshh don't tell anyone anyway that don't worry got me on stand this year

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    @Vikpaw if your looking MIS there is really only one choice - Progresso Talk to me about it We are moving to it over the next 6 months and its amazing stuff.

For me I need to go poke Steljes and have a good play on a new Smartboard before I decide to buy the new ones or an older model for our new classrooms, looking at Netbooks / Ultrabooks (which seem to be trying to take over from Netbooks ), VLE Resources, going to catch up with some firms we are going to be buying stuff from this year in our refurb project and catch up with the cashless companys again before I buy that as well this year

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    If I go, aside from helping on the stand, be looking at visualisers and presentation methods without the need for interactive whiteboards.
    The iPad is a perfect visualiser these days. Its funny, you give such a great technology to a teacher and the best use they found out of it was to take pictures with the video camera and display them on a board!

To be honest it actually works really well

Thank Post
    Be interested to look at what people are doing with mobile devices, and what solutions they offer to integrate/manage/share resources with them.

Also, anything which takes technology out of the IT Suites and puts it in the classroom, whether that is tablets, netbooks/ultrabooks, cameras, projectors.

We have a new Primary IT Co-ordinator who is very technically-minded, so I'm sure she'll send me off with quite a list, too.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I;m looking forward to see what groupcall have done with emerge on the ipad.

Thank Post
    Most of us looking the solution, tools , advice regarding bulk usage , management of iDevices in a school environment. I tried to quick find on Bett website if somebody offering these services management, backup, synching, app distribution, control etc. But couldn't find any?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    I;m looking forward to see what groupcall have done with emerge on the ipad.
    Really good use of screen space i hear, and using it to permanently show an extra menu / photo of student, much like you can do in SIMS itself.
    You should also check out the new iphone beta, unfortunately, mine went funny, so it's now locked me out, which is basically the feature i asked for i shouldn't complain too much!

Quote Originally Posted by RCS_USER View Post
    Most of us looking the solution, tools , advice regarding bulk usage , management of iDevices in a school environment. I tried to quick find on Bett website if somebody offering these services management, backup, synching, app distribution, control etc. But couldn't find any?
    There are a number of places i saw last year doing backup and synching, i think i wrote about them, or even tweeted last year, though be hard to find now. Mostly though it was one of other hardware devices so they weren't necessarily making a big deal of it. Nobody really did app management. There was a stand, not far behind EG, that had storage cases, that also had charging built-in, i'm thinking the name was boxstead, or brentford or something. Check them out, i had a good chat, and they were even thinking of using my idea to provide an iDevice charging point for punters. That would be useful.

14. Thanks to vikpaw from:

ICT_Pro (10th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    There are a number of places i saw last year doing backup and synching, i think i wrote about them, or even tweeted last year, though be hard to find now. Mostly though it was one of other hardware devices so they weren't necessarily making a big deal of it. Nobody really did app management. There was a stand, not far behind EG, that had storage cases, that also had charging built-in, i'm thinking the name was boxstead, or brentford or something. Check them out, i had a good chat, and they were even thinking of using my idea to provide an iDevice charging point for punters. That would be useful.
    Hi Vik
    I tried to find on internet, I found two for charging and sync. PARAT stand number S84, the second is PARATEC but could't find on BETT might be same company. But I am looking managing the applications, deploying and user can access their documents on network.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RCS_USER View Post
    Hi Vik
    I tried to find on internet, I found two for charging and sync. PARAT stand number S84, the second is PARATEC but could't find on BETT might be same company. But I am looking managing the applications, deploying and user can access their documents on network.
    We found the best way to manage applications was to give out iTunes vouchers to staff.

They buy what they need and it becomes decentralized. It actually works surprisingly well as apple is such a closed ecosystem.

17. Thanks to zag from:

ICT_Pro (10th January 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast