+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
BETT 2014 Thread, BETT 2011 - Thanks everyone in General; Thanks for letting me hang around on Sat - I had an awful week - I mean really, mindblowingly awful ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,688 Posts
    Thanks for letting me hang around on Sat - I had an awful week - I mean really, mindblowingly awful - and it was lovely to see you all and get lots of hugs and smiles. Especially elsigee, who was as lovely as I knew she would be.
    I do hope I am allowed to come on the stand next year - I promise to work really hard.
    Although the woman who said to Domino, when looking at the poster (which I was sitting on the sofa by at the time) who said 'why is there only one girl, and why is she a witch?' was a little strange...
    Thanks guys, for everything
    Last edited by witch; 16th January 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well i havent had that much fun in a while! absolutely brilliant.

Yays!

Meeting everyone in the flesh finally!
    Being allowed to take part
    Everyone looking after me and being so damn nice
    Listening to Tony and Chris anecdotes (chris grew lettuces you know!)
    My room
    Nelson Mandela being on security and playing with a balloon
    Aggys energy
    Domino singing evil monkey
    Number 25 at that Persian restuarant
    Magazine fun
    my adroid tablet
    Innuendos
    Purple
    Johns accent

Boo's
    Hmmm?
    Stinky sulphar smell
    poor vicpaws friday meal

Can i just add i never actually saw nephilim wearing the mask!!

Thanks a lot everyone.....man i love you guys!

3. Thanks to Little-Miss from:

Aggy (17th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Evil, Evil Monkey! Evil, Evil Monkaaaay!

5. Thanks to Domino from:

Little-Miss (16th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Although the woman who said to Domino, when the poster (which I was sitting on the sofa by at the time) who said 'why is there only one girl, and why is she a witch?' was a little strange...
    That was odd...Plexer's reply of "..cause she casts spells?" was genius though...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ahh the innuendo was of epic preportions!

Only Chris saw the mask, I would have put it on down in the lobby but didnt want to make anyone think there was a gas outbreak or that I was a terrorist in the hotel! lol
    Last edited by nephilim; 16th January 2011 at 08:31 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,632 Posts
    My thanks
    ZH for the poster and showing me the RM Slate which has given me ideas
    John for the trolley tips
    Witch for being there
    Everybody else on the stand for letting me put a few more faces to names... Some of you are nothing like what I imagined, but I'm not letting on who!

Boos
    Not many really, but Widgit could have tried harder to convince us that 'Communication in Print' was what we needed. KCC gave us a harder sell... We're not buying.
    The occupants of the stand near edugeek who made it difficult to get down the aisle... I don't like being accosted.
    Me... For not trying hard enough for freebies!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    My thanks
    Some of you are nothing like what I imagined, but I'm not letting
    Im over 16 i promise!

Yes my parents did show up *ego fail*

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,688 Posts
    We've got 'Communicate in Print' and it is brilliant for the SEN kids
    What trolley tips did John give you? I need someone to tell me which trolley to get for netbooks that young wussy female teachers can actually move.
    I forgot to thank Bossman for the epic story of his..er...equipment

I think it was sysman_mk who doesnt look as expected!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    The occupants of the stand near edugeek who made it difficult to get down the aisle... I don't like being accosted.
    God yes! I am so glad we went for one of their competitors now!

Also a +1 for communicate for Print, they seem to love it here.

Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone for the freebies and the chat on the EduGeek stand. I am one of the quieter members, I will try and make myself a bit more "louder" this year

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,787 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have so many Yays it is hard knowing where to start.

YAYS
    If you are ever going to do 2 conference/exhibitions back to back then Chris will keep you sane. Seriously ... 7 days straight ... of the train, round to the hotel, bumping into DB and ZH outside, dropping bags off, catching a min-cab and then start of day 1! I want to say "NEVER AGAIN!" but there is that little bit in the back of my mind that is secretly hoping ... well ... I wouldn't be going back down to London again tomorrow if anyone else had asked me, that is for sure. And thank you for giving me chances to drop off the stand to sort stuff out with various folk. I hope it all pays off.
    Domino. A big yay for him for listening to my prattle about eclectic music tastes and then showing me what I *should* be aiming for. Bigger yay for the simple fact that when presented with the idea of painting my face for a fringe event he was happy to do it, then when I suggested I have it done for the whole day ... well ... the bloke is a scholar, a gentleman and a darned fine artist!
    Aggy ... What would we do without you? Not to mention that Oz and I are in your debt for helping on the freebie run! (I think we won this year, even if Soulfish did win a plane!)
    Little Miss. Sorry, but no-one should have so much energy as you do, but you kept us going when we started to flag.
    Shaun ... for never taking me too seriously and for the WoW session with me and DB.
    I could say something about everyone who was on the stand ... helped keep it going ... visited ... wore a lanyard (still the most popular ... folk kept them one whilst they took others off!) ... but that would be silly. Fun, but silly.

Other than a BOO for my feet aching and missing out on pizza some days (too busy chatting to people at the stand) I can't think of anything bad. Over the next few days I will blog a summary of the fun things I did / saw and the cream of the comments from people I spoke with. This will include the fringe (evening) events in case people don't know what else goes on behind the scenes to drive the use of tech in education.

I hope that everyone who came a long to the stand to get help, advice or even a simple nudge to the person / company who could help you is able to get some benefit out of it ... and I have to say that being a member of a few thriving communities ... EduGeek Rocks!

PS ... EduShades (EduShades) on Twitter did make a brief appearance at one point but EduTech was off the stand at the time ... perhaps next year there will be a reunion of EduShades and his owner.

13. 4 Thanks to GrumbleDook:

Aggy (17th January 2011), Domino (16th January 2011), nephilim (16th January 2011), Soulfish (17th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Just to add my thanks as well, thanks for making me feel so welcome on the stand, really nice to meet everyone and to put a few faces to names.

Pleased to get my hands on an Edugeek mug! the poster was an added bonus and will be up in the office tomorrow.

I know what you all mean about the enthusiastic people on the same row as edugeek, i lost count the number of times i was accosted by them!

Me: "it's ok i saw your stand yesterday, and i have all your information"
    Them: "ah so you'll think it's a great product then, and will be buying it when you return to work"!
    Me: "unlikely" walking off.

I was also disappointed by the freebies, i've only picked up two mugs this year (thanks to edugeek and smoothwall :-) ) although i did get a nice thermal mug from IDNS, gutted i missed out on the hipflask though :-(

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,787 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I knew I forgot to mention someone ... RussDev ... although not able to make it due to work and family commitments was still able to make sure I got some nice freebies with a bit of name dropping. You were missed, mate.

ps ... has anyone done a congrats post for The Cutter Project winning the Environmental Sustainability award at the BETT Awards?

Thank Post
    Oh yeh, please could someone pm the name of the company who were badmouthing smoothwall?

Although we can't make a decision on who we will go with for our filtering needs (should we go down that route) i don't like companies who do business in this way and would be grateful for the headsup.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irsprint84 View Post
    Also weren't casio bring something new out? anyone know what it was?
    they had a prototype short throw LED projector on show - the guy i spoke to said they hoped it would be out for the summer but if distribuition was anything like last years then don't expect one for a while!

Also thanks to GrumbleDock for the quick chat and also my poster!

Will have to try and blag a full day off next year and come and spend it with you guys! (if not then just the saturday if i'm allowed!) Sounds like you had a right laugh

Toby

Thank Post
    Another great year for Edugeek at BETT.

Congratulations to all of you sticking it out for the 4 days and even longer for those of you at LWF beforehand.

Great to catch up with a lot of people from the site and hopefully the next time we cross will be at the next Edugeek conference (that is if theres one taking place this year).

Thanks again!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast