+ Post New Thread
BETT 2014 Thread, The eternal question for BETT in General; Over the last few weeks I have been a tad concerned about all those going to BETT with the intention ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries

The eternal question for BETT

Over the last few weeks I have been a tad concerned about all those going to BETT with the intention of spending lots of money they may not have on stuff that may not be needed. With the changes in funding and the curriculum (or no stipulated curriculum) as deemed by the Department of Education.

So ... I am going to use my remaining iron-on transfers to make a t-shirt to give people advice and to introduce them to the most important question.

QDG.jpg

Thank Post
    Over the last few weeks I have been a tad concerned about all those going to BETT with the intention of spending lots of money they may not have on stuff that may not be needed.
    As opposed to previous years where people spent money that they did have on stuff that turned out not to be needed
    (Voting systems anyone? )

Si

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I tend to look at stuff that may be useful...ruckus, smoothwall, few other things!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    I'm only wanting to spend money on critical things, IE USB Flash Drives for selling to children again (as the 100 I bought last year at BETT have just today run out! talk about impeccable timing!), Backup Systems as I have some funds allocated for resolving our backup issues, UPSs as I need some as I have none meaning all small electric jobs are a disaster in my servers world, and Internet Services to help me evalute and ensure we are receiving best value for money in the new financial year.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I'm only wanting to spend money on critical things, IE USB Flash Drives for selling to children again (as the 100 I bought last year at BETT have just today run out! talk about impeccable timing!)
    You spent money? From what I understand you can get your year's allocation for free at BETT! Why do you think I am going?

lol

Thank Post
    Spend money?! I'm just going for a look see, check what the fuss is all about, find what staff will be begging me for over the next 6 months and to try and build up the courage to wander into the Edugeek stand and announce who I am (fully expecting blank looks and a pat on the back with a "good for you" ;D). Or walk in and announce if anyone could help me persuade my silly little technician to install wordshark on all 200 of my macs for tomorrows lesson as they don't do anything all day except play games. Then of course run and wait to watch the fall out from the gallery

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a key sentence that could be uttered to make the stand implode. Probably something involving Apple, capitia, backups, and pay. Possibly with the mention of speed cameras.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    You spent money? From what I understand you can get your year's allocation for free at BETT! Why do you think I am going?

lol
    The flash drives are for flogging to the students not for me, I'm still using up my Microsoft ones from last year (oh yeah and after 12 months of being in the lost property box I took all the USB Drives out of that and re-formatted them )

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And for those who have DMed and emailed me ... I was going to do a whole skit on "Romans, they go towards the house?" but that meant finding a Latin alternative to Mr G's name ... and the suggestions I had tended to be based on body parts ... and that would have taken even more explanation.

I will have a translated version on the back and I am saving it for Friday evening.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread