+ Post New Thread
BETT 2014 Thread, BETT 2007 forum in General; Here we are, almost ready to roll, and here is our special BETT forum. Remember last year? The best freebie ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries

BETT 2007 forum

Here we are, almost ready to roll, and here is our special BETT forum. Remember last year? The best freebie thread? (Netgears' free wireless hotspot detector). We will do the same again to let all of you impoverished guys know what to grab and where, and the amount of posts we got last year from geekers' who attended BETT throughout the week was great.
    Same again this year I think, and I hope the site will cope with the extra demand from new members (fingers crossed).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Re: BETT 2007 forum

Netgear have nibbles this year I believe from what they told me the other day, so doesn't sound like Wifi Detectors this year from them.

Thank Post

I never got much more then a couple of pens and a lollypop. I'll be on the look out for better freebies this year thats for sure.

Thank Post

Came to the Edugeek stall.. you all ignored me and looked intimidating, :twisted: got scared... so I ran screaming

Thank Post

Came to the Edugeek stall.. you all ignored me and looked intimidating, got scared... so I left
    Sorry to here this Gromit but can't really believe what you have said. Before this years Bet show I had only ever met Tony before and he was the first person i saw on the stand on Friday morning. I was then quickly introduced to people who before that day i had only ever spoken to by email, Pm and the forms. I met Dos Box, AJ Britton and Ric_ (as well as someone else who i cant remember Sorry) These people were very friendly and overwhelmingly enthusiastic about not only Edugeek but also finally being able to put a face to a name.

I hope that if you get the chance next year you get to meet some of these fantastic people from Edugeek and get to know them other than from a name on a forum.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

How do you all mange to persuade manglement to let you go? :shock:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Personal development.

Thank Post

Went to edugeek stand at BETT, couldn't believe you guys got someone flown in from US for ya to help with Moodle :-) That must have been kewl when u first found out. Just goes to show what a HUGE impact you have now in the IT industry! Sounds from reading about on the site like you've done really really well out of it all, and can I just say that i'm proud to be a member here and the information available on the site is amasing (and always helpfull) so thanks for making that possible too!

Did any of you guys see the Never Winter Nights stand and there educational addon's for it ? Just wonderd what your thoughts were on this, or if any of you already use it.

Also did anyone catch Microsoft's Vista talk about teachers and vista (can't remember the exact name). I missed it and wondered if anyone could give me a quick idea of anything usefull that came up so i can pass this on to the teachers in the schools i support.

Thanks and keep up the good work you guys (and girls) :-)

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by tosca925
    Came to the Edugeek stall.. you all ignored me and looked intimidating, got scared... so I left
    Sorry to here this Gromit but can't really believe what you have said. Before this years Bet show I had only ever met Tony before and he was the first person i saw on the stand on Friday morning. I was then quickly introduced to people who before that day i had only ever spoken to by email, Pm and the forms. I met Dos Box, AJ Britton and Ric_ (as well as someone else who i cant remember Sorry) These people were very friendly and overwhelmingly enthusiastic about not only Edugeek but also finally being able to put a face to a name.

I hope that if you get the chance next year you get to meet some of these fantastic people from Edugeek and get to know them other than from a name on a forum.
    Sorry Sorry this came out all wrong ops:

I was trying to make a joke but forgot to put the LOL Icon in...

Went to your stand but saw you guys were rushed off you feet... Showd my Boss what you were all about and said that your site is a lifesaver... as you can get instaned advice instead of waiting days for "other" people whos products you own..

it was nice to see you guys there and I hope you will be there next year :-)..

Sorry about the confusion in my "trying to be " humorous post ops:

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Inox

Did any of you guys see the Never Winter Nights stand and there educational addon's for it ? Just wonderd what your thoughts were on this, or if any of you already use it.
    I saw this and My Boss the Director of ICT thought it was brilliant and want s to buy it :-)

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grommit

I saw this and My Boss the Director of ICT thought it was brilliant and want s to buy it :-)
    If I was a less helpful person I would have managed to get up to their stand... Tony made it sound rather interesting.... perhaps somebody would like to mail me a write-up/comparison of their stuff.

Anybody hat did manage to get down, it might be nice if we could get something up for our less priviledged members who were shackled to their desks. Favourite stand/best resource/etc.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry about the confusion in my "trying to be " humorous post ops:
    You've been warned about trying to be humorous ... try it again and we will tell your boss ... and you won't get a trip out to London next year ....

sheesh ... these techies ... just because they watch Monty Python all the time they think that they are all flippin' comedians! ;-)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_

If I was a less helpful person I would have managed to get up to their stand... Tony made it sound rather interesting.... perhaps somebody would like to mail me a write-up/comparison of their stuff.

Anybody hat did manage to get down, it might be nice if we could get something up for our less priviledged members who were shackled to their desks. Favourite stand/best resource/etc.
    Don't worry Ric, I've got a demo disk of that.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    You've been warned about trying to be humorous ... try it again and we will tell your boss ... and you won't get a trip out to London next year ....

sheesh ... these techies ... just because they watch Monty Python all the time they think that they are all flippin' comedians! ;-)
    sheesh these manglement types, that sit at those massive desks with big multi monitor setups with the plush leather chairs, digital radios and executive gadgets think that they own the world

Where as us poor techies are stuck with the old battered up chairs found in the basement or a computer tower to sit on, desks from the 1930's which are so not practical for 21st century computer setups and only getting Monty Python to watch. One day they will remember what it was like to be back on the office floor

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Went to edugeek stand at BETT, couldn't believe you guys got someone flown in from US for ya to help with Moodle Smile That must have been kewl when u first found out. Just goes to show what a HUGE impact you have now in the IT industry! Sounds from reading about on the site like you've done really really well out of it all, and can I just say that i'm proud to be a member here and the information available on the site is amasing (and always helpfull) so thanks for making that possible too!
    We were a little scared that a very enthusiastic American suddenly (and without warning) appeared at the stand proclaiming himself to be our 'Moodle evangelist'. We initially thought he was going to demand his plane fare and hotel costs back! but it transpired that Sun Systems were paying for him (we love you Sun) and all was well. Talking to Art was fantastic, and if anyone in the UK thinks we are not doing well schools IT wise then you should see just how far ahead we are here campared to the U.S. and Germany!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread