+ Post New Thread
BETT 2014 Thread, BETT 2009 is now closed in General; Well, BETT 2009 is now closed and we are dismantling the stand. It has been a fun 4 days and ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries

BETT 2009 is now closed

Well, BETT 2009 is now closed and we are dismantling the stand.

It has been a fun 4 days and a very full four days too. I would like to thank all our partners and sponsors that have helped get the stand up and running; EMAP for the space, Smoothwall for the connectivity and filtering; Net-Ctrl and Ruckus for the wireless, networking kit and help on the stand itself; Isis Concepts for the desks, The Cutter Project / Sun Microsystems / Axel for the server and thin client devices provided for the internet cafe and help on the stand; IDG for producing the supplement and freebies; Navaho for the MediaCAT display screens; Westwood Associates for freebies and help on the stand; C P Ltd for support and freebies; The USB Company for the fantastic Emergency Launch Device; D-Link for the webcam; and the many other suppliers who help us with our massive EduGeek freebie giveaway on Saturday.

Thank you to the other admins, the EduBett staff, those that came along to say hello and those that could not make it but still gave their support and advice.

If I have missed anyone off I will up date it later.

Lastly I would like to thank Douglas the EduDog and little Woofus for providing us with a perfect chance to do silly things on other stands and still get a smile from exhibitors. I am sure that Douglas (or other relatives) will make appearances at future events.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    I will also add my thanks into the thread, I'm currently sitting, slightly dozing on a National Express train heading home back to my sunny but cold Yorkshire, not quite as far as ZeroHour has to go with his flight back to Scotland or Vik's flight back to warmer and sunnier climbs but still with all my freebies and lack of sleep it feels as if its yet another very long day!

Anyway, I have had a brilliant time, put a good few faces to names of members of the forum and had a thoroughly brilliant time, and also seen Mark Power from Net Ctrl in a completly difference light, when the bottom falls out of the IT World due to the credit crunch, look out for Mark on your local Market selling you all the great value market stall good! (very impressive Mark and I will try my best to order and actually enjoy the Ruckus wifi at this school this time around!!!)

I do recommend that if you can spare the time when going to BETT next year, just giving the guys a hand on the stand, or at least pop round and say hello to them, as you meet lots of great people and it is very good experience. Also a big thanks to the guys for making the evenings good company, the forum-esq discussion carried on late into the night and early mornings and it was nice to have great company from such good people and share our experiences and problems with our IT Systems and life in general.

I am already looking forward to BETT 2010 where I hope to be able to give the team a bigger helping hand as I can feel, after just 2 days, how tiring it is and rewarding it is. So for them who have been doing it all week (plus all the behind the scenes prep) they really are shattered and deserve a big gold medal for it!!! So I take my hat off to you all (well if I wore a hat I would so it will have to be a virtual hat) and I know that BETT 2010 will be a big hit and cannot wait for it!

Thank Post
    Thanks from me also admins!

Edugeek were being rather generous with the freebies and the pizza was lovely. Really good to put names to faces as well.

Hope to see you all there next year.

Scott

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    BETT 2009 is now closed
    Next year we should bribe the stern-sounding lady who does the end of show we-are-now-closed bit over the PA system to add "And now get out, nowhere on your ticket does it say you can sleep here..."

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Next year we should bribe the stern-sounding lady who does the end of show we-are-now-closed bit over the PA system to add "And now get out, nowhere on your ticket does it say you can sleep here..."

--
    David Hicks
    You should hear some of the other things she says once the public have gone home

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread