Poll: Are you going to BETT 2009?

+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 173
BETT 2014 Thread, BETT 2009 - Are you going? in General; Managed to secure funding so will be there thur / Frid...
  1. #76
    darkest_star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    carlisle, cumbria
    Posts
    43
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Managed to secure funding so will be there thur / Frid


  2. #77

    dhicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    5,683
    Thank Post
    1,268
    Thanked 788 Times in 685 Posts
    Rep Power
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Also those staying down over nights get in touch so can join rest of us geeks as we go after suppliers who will supply us with food and drink...
    Are people getting together for something to eat after the show on Friday? I could leave off work early on the Friday and get up to Olympia in time for show closing, meet up with any Edugeekers around, spend the night in London at my girlfriend's and attend the show on the Saturday. Is anyone else going to be around Friday evening?

    --
    David Hicks

  3. #78
    Zoom7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    976
    Thank Post
    335
    Thanked 89 Times in 60 Posts
    Rep Power
    34
    Change of plan, Wednesday it is then!

  4. #79

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,992
    Thank Post
    1,359
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    602
    Most of the folk on the stand will be around for a night out, but for those interested there is a TeachMeet on Friday evening too. For those interested in people who are trying to push the boundaries of what we use technology for then it is a good session.

    Oh .. and it usually involves pizza and beer afterwards.

  5. #80

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,250
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 630 Times in 575 Posts
    Rep Power
    185
    Hopefully somebody will be able to answer this for me. Do you need a pass in order to get into BETT? I'm probably going to meet up with a mate before the conference, if I end up going alone, and have him come with me but I haven't signed him up on the BETT site as he isn't really a colleague.

    What would you suggest I do?

  6. #81
    ICTNUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,419
    Thank Post
    196
    Thanked 249 Times in 122 Posts
    Rep Power
    62
    Thank you very much I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip the waitress on the wayout....

  7. #82

    Ric_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,592
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 770 Times in 598 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Hopefully somebody will be able to answer this for me. Do you need a pass in order to get into BETT? I'm probably going to meet up with a mate before the conference, if I end up going alone, and have him come with me but I haven't signed him up on the BETT site as he isn't really a colleague.

    What would you suggest I do?
    If you do't have a pass, you can sign up at the door but the queue can be huge... well worth registering now just in case!

  8. #83
    pagelad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    181
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    After some wrangling im coming to BETT YAY!

  9. #84

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,250
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 630 Times in 575 Posts
    Rep Power
    185
    I'm planning on staying at a friends just outside London when I've finished at the conference. The problem is that I'll have to bring a small bag with some clothes in etc. Is there any lockers at Olympia or can anyone suggest anything? I don't really want to be lugging a bag round with me but I guess I'll have to!

  10. #85

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,204
    Thank Post
    655
    Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I'm planning on staying at a friends just outside London when I've finished at the conference. The problem is that I'll have to bring a small bag with some clothes in etc. Is there any lockers at Olympia or can anyone suggest anything? I don't really want to be lugging a bag round with me but I guess I'll have to!

    There is a cloak room there. Not sure if they take bags though. That reminds me, watch out for incosiderate teachers with luggage on wheels taking them everywhere around the exhibition with them. especially as they block juctions with them.

  11. #86

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,413
    Thank Post
    642
    Thanked 964 Times in 664 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    327
    Me & Bossman decided today we are going on the Saturday. Coach departs from Durham at 0:15 and arrives at 6:25

    Any plans for the evening after BETT closes to the public? Our coach back doesn't leave til gone 11pm

  12. #87

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,204
    Thank Post
    655
    Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Me & Bossman decided today we are going on the Saturday. Coach departs from Durham at 0:15 and arrives at 6:25

    Any plans for the evening after BETT closes to the public? Our coach back doesn't leave til gone 11pm
    You could join us for an exhausted meal!
    Seriously. Last years was like a wake, we were all so shattered.

  13. #88

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,413
    Thank Post
    642
    Thanked 964 Times in 664 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    327
    Thanks for the invite, sounds good

  14. #89


    tom_newton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    4,485
    Thank Post
    867
    Thanked 853 Times in 674 Posts
    Rep Power
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    There is a cloak room there. Not sure if they take bags though. That reminds me, watch out for incosiderate teachers with luggage on wheels taking them everywhere around the exhibition with them. especially as they block juctions with them.
    AFAIK they do. If they don't, try asking us nicely if we'll put it in our storeroom

  15. #90

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,250
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 630 Times in 575 Posts
    Rep Power
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    AFAIK they do. If they don't, try asking us nicely if we'll put it in our storeroom
    You're right near the EduGeek stand, I think, so that's cool.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Things for BETT 2009 #1
    By Dos_Box in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 10th December 2008, 01:25 PM
  2. BETT 2009
    By GrumbleDook in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15th July 2008, 07:13 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •