+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
BETT 2014 Thread, Did you come to see us? in General; As some famous person said, I came, I saw and I conquered Was a nice stand and jolly nice people ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    As some famous person said, I came, I saw and I conquered Was a nice stand and jolly nice people on the stand and a very useful flash drive, I've had a quick squiz through the Framework as well as utilising some of the spare space on the stick for other goodies.

As for a 100 catering bill was that day and night or just BETT hall food? I deliberately avoid the food stuff in BETT due to outrageous prices so I don't eat during the day at the show, and then stuff my face with M&S food on the train or in the hotel room according to what I'm doing.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    Someone say iPod?

Thank Post
    I stopped, I talked, I got hasseled by my ICT co-ordinator go look at new kit.

Nice stand, its nice to see people in the flesh.

(no not that kind of flesh, in real life, now get you mind out of the gutter)

Thank Post
    I have to admit I walked past, I was very tempted to stop and say Hi, but was with my boss and we had so much to do, and so little time. As it turns out my time would have actually been better spent introducing myself and having a chat to people as we soon realised that the majority of the event was aimed towards teachers and pre-planned interactive whiteboard lessons rather than techie stuff, but by that time it was too late to come back.

Next year I will definitely come over.

richard
    I hobbled by on Wednesday morning and said hello.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I have to admit I walked past, I was very tempted to stop and say Hi, but was with my boss and we had so much to do, and so little time. As it turns out my time would have actually been better spent introducing myself and having a chat to people as we soon realised that the majority of the event was aimed towards teachers and pre-planned interactive whiteboard lessons rather than techie stuff, but by that time it was too late to come back.

Next year I will definitely come over.
    There were plenty of techy stands at BETT. Perhaps we could make up a special show guide for IT support staff for next year showing which stands are more relevant to them.

Thank Post
    I did find a few, but I really was there to see some sort of Network Access Control demo from Sophos or some such. Just to show my boss as I don't think he quite understand what I'm talking about when I mention it, and I'm not sure I have the network routing know-how to get anywhere with packet fence.

We mentioned that fact that we could have done with a guide as to who is who, rather than a list of company names. I didn't have anything to do with organising this trip, maybe next year I might try to find the time to actually plan our visit a bit more.

Thank Post
    I stopped by, briefly, early on Friday to get a pen drive. Said a quick hi to Russ (we'd met before) and then got dragged away by my friend who was worrying about being late for our seminar. Meant to come back later for a chat, but didn't get the time. Good work on the stand guys, looked great.

I saw Dos_Box walking around the show - recognised him from the picture - but I thought I'd not disturb his browsing!! Would have been good to have given him a big pat on the back for starting EduGeek though - maybe next time.

Only one other thing to say about BETT - damn RM for having the Eee PCs out to play with. 30 seconds playing with one there meant I had to order one myself when I got home, so there goes another 200!!

Cheers,
    Chris

Thank Post
    I witnessed some of the team in the early hours maintaining the special relationship with a group of young American ladies.

If they make a film out of it, the title will be Britney and Paris meet the geeks.

Sorry lads your readers need to be informed.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    As some famous person said, I came, I saw and I conquered Was a nice stand and jolly nice people on the stand and a very useful flash drive, I've had a quick squiz through the Framework as well as utilising some of the spare space on the stick for other goodies.

As for a 100 catering bill was that day and night or just BETT hall food? I deliberately avoid the food stuff in BETT due to outrageous prices so I don't eat during the day at the show, and then stuff my face with M&S food on the train or in the hotel room according to what I'm doing.
    That's feeding for 2 meals for 10+ people.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict View Post
    I stopped by, briefly, early on Friday to get a pen drive. Said a quick hi to Russ (we'd met before) and then got dragged away by my friend who was worrying about being late for our seminar. Meant to come back later for a chat, but didn't get the time. Good work on the stand guys, looked great.

I saw Dos_Box walking around the show - recognised him from the picture - but I thought I'd not disturb his browsing!! Would have been good to have given him a big pat on the back for starting EduGeek though - maybe next time.

Only one other thing to say about BETT - damn RM for having the Eee PCs out to play with. 30 seconds playing with one there meant I had to order one myself when I got home, so there goes another 200!!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Heh, I'm a mythical creature: The BETT yeti! Next year we'll run a competition that anyone who manages to get a picture of me out of the stand wins a prize!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrder View Post
    I witnessed some of the team in the early hours maintaining the special relationship with a group of young American ladies.

If they make a film out of it, the title will be Britney and Paris meet the geeks.

ARG!! Spy in our midst!! ...it was quite a night LOL...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Heh, I'm a mythical creature: The BETT yeti!
    .....the BETTi ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrder View Post

Rofl how annoying were they! Mind you I think ZeroHour was the most annoyed when one of them asked him to speak in an English accent, with him being Scottish and all. The expression on his face was classic

Thank Post
    i was there friday spoke with ZH, great guy, great stand great forum. thought i saw Geoff but it couldn't have been cause the guy had long hair and as he's had his cut off it couldn't have been him .....

great pen BTW and any other freebier's floating around i'm sure i can find a home for. Looking forwrd to the stickers :-)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information