I am sick to death of eCar, i have now cancelled and gone with another provider.
1. They would not let me change my number plate of my car after i purchased a private registration without renewing my policy for another year. Surely this isn't fair?
2. Website is very buggy and unusable, various error messages, unable to do what i want.
3. I have to ring a premium rate number to resolve my issue. To add insult to injury i am kept on hold for a minute, then you hang up saying too many people are on the phones. I have given you money for no service at all.
4. You take over a week to reply to an email, not good to say its an online insurance company.
5. Now i have cancelled my policy you will not refund me money without me sending back my documents. They do not provide a an address to send them back on your website or email correspondence.
Sounds like you did well to move away. :-)
I'm stuck with them for the rest of the year as the direct debit wasn't setup properly (We did send off the details). They also had me running on a learners insurance for a long time (after 3 emails and 1 letter which was tracked to say I passed).
They are god awful, support sucks, site sucks.
When I was on the phone there was a lovely chap called 'Michael' I think, he was super helpful and gave me all the direct numbers to departments, he did his best and if he ever reads that I would love to say thank you.
Also. Try this number: 01454 634810