+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, Millgate in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post

Angry Millgate

We carried out a large ICT upgrade over summer and removed 50 PCs from service due to their age. As a way of subsidising the cost of upgrade we thought that it would be a good idea to try and sell the computers.

We contacted Millgate ( IT Services | IT Support | Business Telecoms - Sheffield, Leeds and Yorkshire - Millgate Computer Systems ), who we have had dealings with in the past, and they told me that they would purchase them from us at an agreed cost.

However, once the computers had been collected, the price was dropped and a hidden “collection” charge was deducted from the final total offer.

Due to this, we are over £500 down on what the original offer was and are getting no response from the company – even the director.

They refuse to communicate, which suggests to me, that they aren’t worth doing business with in the future.

This is a very brief summary of the trouble we have had with this company throughout the sale of PCs, but I hope that you will think twice before placing any orders or selling PCs to them….

The views above are my personal views and do not necessarily represent the view of the school.

Thank Post
    I'm sure Luke will soon drop in on this one - to be honest though we have found in the past most collection places will drop the quoted price if they find some of the kit to be sub par on the description.

Collection charge is a bit of a surprise but hey!

Thank Post
    It'll be interesting to see their response, as they seem to like a good sell and keep saying they are good company to use. Personally I've never used them, but now this makes me think twice.

Could be interesting

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfed View Post
    I'm sure Luke will soon drop in on this one - to be honest though we have found in the past most collection places will drop the quoted price if they find some of the kit to be sub par on the description.

Collection charge is a bit of a surprise but hey!
    True but they should always make that clear before entering into the deal, though to be fair we don't really know if this happened or not

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    True but they should always make that clear before entering into the deal, though to be fair we don't really know if this happened or not
    Without going into great detail, we were not told about any collection charges - and I did ask.

Agreed, the deal was that the offer may be dropped due to the standard of the kit. Fair enough. BUT when we gave 60 motherboards to them for FREE that were exact matches for the machines, I don't expect to be chraged for motherboards!
    OK, there may have been some damage on the machines from kids.

What I'm most annoyed about is the fact we have been charged £300 for collection which was not discussed, and then ignored by the management of the company when I have asked why this has happened any why I was not told from the beginning.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    @Millgate come in,

Lukes always been good for me!

BJG
    Thank Post
    It sounds like the collection charge is the main problem. When buying or selling the price rarely includes delivery/collection, which was likely to be fairly substantial in this case, so I'm not entirely surprised. Seems like a bit of a communication mishap.

Millgate have worked hard to engage with this forum, where they've received numerous recommendations. I've found them very helpful.
    Last edited by BJG; 18th May 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    Luke is looking into this as we speak....(or type)
    I have always found Millgate to be professional in all their dealings and I am very surprised to read this.

Thank Post
    Fair play - Luke has now contacted me to try resolve.

You are right - I'm more annoyed that we've been charged a £300 collection fee when nothing was mentioned before collection. Hopefully we will come to a compromise....

The second thing that annoys me is that the Directors of the company have ignored my e-mails and haven't been helpful.

I too have used millgate in the past and have had no problems until now.

Thank Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks to all of you who've phoned, emailed, msn'd me etc

As you all know, I’ve been on Edugeek for a while now and i work hard to make sure everyone's happy. Unfortunately in this case, i wasn't @adamchapman Account Manager (i am now) so i was unsure what had happened.

When we recycle kit, which i do loads of, i always make sure that you're aware that the price I offer you is dependent on a audit by one of our partners - makes sense, if it's damaged etc, it's worth less. However, in this instance, this hasn’t been explained properly. Basically a misunderstanding but the account manager should have got back to Adam and sorted this out before it came to this.

I've since spoken with Adam, apologised, and we've come to an arrangement and now all is well. I hope this doesn’t put other people off using me & Millgate as I can assure you, this won't happen again. Hopefully my current clients will tell you of their experiences with me, which some of you already have so thank you for that.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know

Thanks

Luke

Thank Post
    Thanks to Luke, we're sorted.

Thank you to everyone. such a shame I had to make a post on here for the issues to be resolved though.

Thank Post
    Millgate have always been great for us and Luke as an account manager is second to none

Thank Post
    So the basic moto of this whole story is; get Luke as your account manager!

Joke, we use Millgate plenty and recommended Luke to Edugeek, we wouldn't have done that had we not been 100% happy with them / him and believed them to be of benefit to people within the edugeek community. Thankfully Luke is now on the case and fingers crossed you get your issue resolved.

We have had collections of items in the past and never had this issue but then we have had Luke explaining to us what is happening, the process etc beforehand.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information