+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bad Experiences Thread, Acer - Rude Technical Support in Purchasing and Trading; Acer have had a data projector of mine for 9 weeks now. Contacted them today and was told that they ...
    Thank Post

Re: Acer - Rude Technical Support

Acer have had a data projector of mine for 9 weeks now. Contacted them today and was told that they were waiting for parts before they could fix it. I asked for a timescale on the fix, but they had no idea!!!!
    I requested to speak to the guys supervisor and told her that if I did not have it back next week I would be renting a replacement and sending them the bill. Strangely she has promised that it will be back by Wednesday, but I wont hold my breath!!!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Edenalig
    I know this is going to sound picky but dont you have an audit of all the PC names and serial numbers? Id pester you NM for access to it if you have, it will make your life alot easier and a lot less under desk activity free

Also I have had no problems with Acer support in the past, only had a slightly extended wait for a laptop back.
    Yeah we have an audit, courtesy of myself last Summer. The machines in that room are not in numberical order though (as the caretaker installed them in the room before I started at the school) and as I couldn't turn the machine on, I didn't know which one it was.

It's not nice working under the desk... I have already ruined two and (I might add) expensive shirts.

Thank Post

I have never had a bad experience with Acer tech support. I have had to call three times (but out of 20 machines, not terrible). For me at least, the hold time is long (~30 minutes), but once I finally get a tech support person they are generally helpful.

I recently had two power supplies and a hard drive go out. I told them exactly what the problems were and they did not question me. I had all of the parts the next day and a tech was there in two days to install the parts at no charge. (I had onsite support for these systems).

At my school, we hardly buy anything except Acers now. We just cannot beat the price ($440 for nicely configured XP Professional desktop).

Thank Post

Well i've had some good news today. We were leasing 16 acer laptops and decided to stop paying for them and send them back. Because they are about three/four years old, they didn't really want them back as they couldn't do anything with them. So they said give us £900 and we can keep the lot . £900... thats 16 laptops for the price of about two. Even taking into account the amount we leased them for, we still have had several laptops for free .

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by eejit
    who are the ****** you are referring to Andrew_C? Acer? I didn't know that they got affected by the capacitor problem.
    The thread is about Acer, isn't it? Acer Veriton 7100s with about 17 caps all ready to explode. I got quite good at changing them as we had about 70 through the school.

Thank Post

We've just received a phone call from Acer today which has left me absolutely fuming.

We have about 120 Acer laptops which were bought in bulk almost 3 years ago. WE have to send about 2 a month of at least, either due to hardware faults or kids ripping keys off! Turn around has ranged from 1 week to 4 months! General opinion up until now was that they are slow to answer the phones, can be unbelievably rude and unhelpful on the phone (we have to draw short straws to see who gets the unenviable tak of contacting them).

We sent 3 back in May and received a phonecall at the end of May to say 1 had gone missing in transit. We were told that we would be sent either a refurbished laptop or a new one of at least the same specification. Fine, I thought, these things happen.

Well today I got a message to say they'd phoned to say that OUR claim had been rejected and that we wouldn't be receiving a replacment. When I phoned back to find out exactly what was happening I was told that DHL had weighed the box at 1kg (laptop weighs 2.8kg) and so the box was empty when it got to their depot. As a result, we MUSt have sent an empty box and so that was the end of the matter. I asked to speak to the guys manager and after being put on hold for 5 minutes was told no-one was available and they would ring me back. Yep, you've guessed, nobody rang me back. I've now been told again that somebody would ring me back today. Still no call though.

We are going to take this matter to sourt if we have to, we are not going to write off a laptop and be called liars in the process. Now, I will NEVER buy so much as a mouse from Acer EVER again.

Thank Post

Every call I've logged with Dell has been with UK base support, no idea why numbers some people are calling but I always end up talking to either a Scottish or Irish chap :-P

0870 908 0500

Might well be a super special number though!

Thank Post

8O

Wow, outrageous stuff BlakBruker.

Thank Post

We just ordered another 32 Acer laptops today for our 4th laptop trolly. Other 3 have Acer's in them too. In the space of a year out of the 84 laptops for the laptop trollys we have had

1 dead board (sent off, repaired and returned within 1 week)

4 keys pulled off seperate laptops, but they are easy to fix, so we did those our selfs.

Out of the staff laptops who also have acer, 1 dead inverter and 1 dead on arrival.

Everytime we have phoned, been no longer than 5 mins in a que and they have sorted the problem, which is why we picked them again.

Thank Post

Well I have had 2 exact same calls, using the same number requesting the same thing and been transferred to india and once to scotland. After 30 mins on the phone to someone in India trying to explain that I needed a new monitor as there was no display I was still ansering the same questions. It seems there is a procedure which must be followed regardless of the information you provide. After hanging up and calling back 5 mins later, I was put through to a scottish guy who I then gave the same information to be told " a new monitor will be sent in the morning"....It seems to me it all depends on who you speak to regardless of firm. There are good and bad empoloyees in every organization.

Thank Post

Sure is eejit. Got a phonecall from the Deputy Team Leader (thats as high as they will let you speak to by phone) last thing yesterday to say yep thats it. She intoned that the laptop was stolen between when it was boxed up and when it was collected. So somebody has gone into the main admin office, unpacked a box, lifted the laptop out and repacked and wrapped the box. Hmmm. County Court here we come.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by _Bat_ View Post
    Meh, I'm not so annoyed about him being rude, he did have to wait a little bit, even though it wasn't really my fault - I'd have quite happily used phonetic alphabet had I been at my computer. It's the fact that I now have no idea what I am supposed to do. I'm going to e-mail them and find out what I need to do.
    It is his job to have to deal with that I'm afraid and it is completely out of order that he takes the high and mighty attitude. The guy should be strung up and shot.

Thank Post
    Whilst I'm not making any excuses for this you did mess the operator around quite a lot. I dunno if acer tech support are paid per call, I know a lot are. Also towards the end you seem to be blaming your noisy environment on the operator.

Cheers
    Jona

Thank Post
    the thing i really dont like a bout acer is the fact you have to ring up dhl to arrange pick up your self i have never delt with anohter company that does this.

for that matter dhl arnt much better than acer, booked a laptop to be picked up, they said yer some one will be here tuesday, week later no one had been, so i rang dhl up to find out, when he looked on the drivers notes hed simply put not in his area, nobody rearranged it for another dirver or anything,

as for dell last time i rang up i got an indian person who asked for just the serial number then put me though to a scottish guy who was pretty helpful. the faulty memory was replaced next day.

Thank Post
    With regard to on site visits, I guess it is something a postcode lottery.
    Some areas of the business I work in have better engineers than others.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12