+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, HP Technicial Support in Purchasing and Trading; Hi, We have 30 HP / Compaq laptops here. I contacted HP regarding this - http://www.edugeek.net/forums/hardwa...ord-reset.html I reported it on ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries

HP Technicial Support

Hi,

We have 30 HP / Compaq laptops here. I contacted HP regarding this - Compaq 610 Bios Password Reset

I reported it on the 11th. I am still waiting for 3rd line support to get back to me. I ring them up to chase it up and they tell me i have to wait. They wont let me speak the them directly. After all this time and nobody has even contacted me.

The service is much better with Dell.

I for one will not be purchasing HP again.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's no help, but our experience of HP support is that it's superb. You log a call on the web site and if it's something like a faulty hard disc then you get a confirmation within an hour that a new one has been shipped. If it's something where you need help then you get an email with suggestions of what to do pretty quickly (eg last week we had a new latop which appeared to lose its onboard NIC - their suggestion was to reflash the BIOS which worked and the machine is now fine)

Dell is also pretty good but I'd guess every company has bad days when your job just gets lost somehow in the system. Things like BIOS passwords are difficult. I don't want someone stealing our laptops and then calling HP to get the password reset so I'd want them to require proof of ownership before they go anywhere with this.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just got the laptop back after all this time and i am not impressed.

It has come back with a cracked case, the logo badge is liftng and the laptop is full of scratches.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Here are some images
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Ouch, I've found there desktop support a bit of a pain but not too bad. Although we've got on site warranties.

I've just had fun with ProCurve sending out the wrong switch.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quick question, did you buy extended warranties (ie. next business day warranty etc...)?

I've dealt with their various support depts a few times, and each time has been flawless.

Laptops/desktops/thin clients are all reported via the website and collection occurs the next day.
    Server stuff (had a memory module die recently) was reported via phone, with details clarified over email and a new part was sent out same day.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Just got the laptop back after all this time and i am not impressed.

It has come back with a cracked case, the logo badge is liftng and the laptop is full of scratches.
    I bet you one meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellion pounds HP will now attempt to blame you for this, despite the courier holding up their hands and saying "er, yeah sorry - send us the bill". This state of affairs will continue for at least a month.

HP support varies enormously based on what warranty/support you bought. Much more than any other vendor.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Quick question, did you buy extended warranties (ie. next business day warranty etc...)?

I've dealt with their various support depts a few times, and each time has been flawless.

Laptops/desktops/thin clients are all reported via the website and collection occurs the next day.
    Server stuff (had a memory module die recently) was reported via phone, with details clarified over email and a new part was sent out same day.
    3 year return to base

HP will repair them, sending it back monday.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mmm HP support has been superb for us.
    Last week server disk died, went on interactive chat, ran a diagnostic utility, new disk sent out for the next day. All within about 10 mins.

Thank Post
    In my extensive experience with Dell and HP Support, I find that if you phone HP it's like banging your head agasint a brick wall. Logging a ticket online is usually the best and most efficient way of getting the response you need. HP Home support is worse than useless. Never phone HP if you can log something on an online automated system otherwise they find excuses to get out of honouring the support contract (such as 'you need to install XYZ and send us this log and that log etc etc)

Dell on the other hand have always been excellent where business support is concerned. I'm not 100% sure about the home user level support as I have had mixed experiences, some good, some bad where the home support is concerned.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I phoned HP yesterday about a server. I spoke to an Indian call center and the person at the other end had no idea what i was saying. Rather annoyed if you want a server to be fixed.

Thank Post
    Just come off the phone with HP support about one of our servers - the chappy at the other end knew their stuff and once I emailed over a screen shot of the problem it was instantly oh heres your fix.
    While the server was rebooting we had a good chat about the DL385s and how great they are and their going to call back tomorrow morning to check that everything is still ok
    Guess its just hit and miss as if you get a good person!

Thank Post
    Very odd - isn't Compaq the consumer arm of HP? Have to say our experience has been totally the opposite - HP (business) support always spot on, whereas Dell, well their account managers didn't even want to know when we had a tender for 100 desktop units

My only gripe with HP to date is their dodgy formatter boards in some 2015s/2055s >.<

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The only think I buy from HP is Prolient Servers and I NEVER have a problem with them....

... "now cause i said that i bet you i hear bios bleeps soon :P" ...

I have never had to "phone support", but there servers seem pucker!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBaxter View Post
    The only think I buy from HP is Prolient Servers and I NEVER have a problem with them....

... "now cause i said that i bet you i hear bios bleeps soon :P" ...

I have never had to "phone support", but there servers seem pucker!
    Just come off the phone form them, took an hour to decide they need to send someone out to fix our server. Compared to dell thats shocking

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast