+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, ricoh.co.uk - spammer kings! in Purchasing and Trading; Hi It appears some sales drone (initials PB) at ricoh.co.uk has been mass spamming any and all email addresses on ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries

ricoh.co.uk - spammer kings!

Hi
    It appears some sales drone (initials PB) at ricoh.co.uk has been mass spamming any and all email addresses on our school site with the email title:
    Please forward this e-mail to Bursar - Purchasing - Contracts - ICT
    Which then follows on with the usual spam like info to get us to sign up to them.

Please forward this e-mail to Bursar - Purchasing - Contracts - ICT

Good Afternoon
    I'm contacting you to inform you that Ricoh now own a company that manufactures Toners and inks from new not the refilled ones which tend to leak. I would like a chance to compare your current prices against ours I'm sure I can offer you some worth while saving, If you have a list of the machines that would help me or if you could send me just a few you purchase we could compare them to start with
    It does go on for more but you get the idea. I think its pretty disgraceful they have allowed, or even condoned, this type of spam. Its real spam as we never signed up and we will never ever do business with ricoh.co.uk as we will never deal with spammers (emphasis is for Ricoh if they ever find this post)

We got so many now the actual domain is now on our blacklist.
    Just a heads up to you all about the awful sales practice this company is engaging in.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Is it actually Ricoh and not just a company masquerading as Ricoh? I'm quite surprised that they'd be mass mailing out about ink/toner - do they even sell direct? As a huge multi-national company it just doesn't seem correct to me?

Seems more likely that someone is trying to play off the Ricoh name to get a sale?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    Is it actually Ricoh and not just a company masquerading as Ricoh? I'm quite surprised that they'd be mass mailing out about ink/toner - do they even sell direct? As a huge multi-national company it just doesn't seem correct to me?

Seems more likely that someone is trying to play off the Ricoh name to get a sale?
    I just checked headers and the email appears to have come from ricoh.co.uk (its the uk division so not anywhere near as I huge the USA company)
    His email sig provides details for Ricoh UK as well and if he spoofed the email he wouldnt get any sales replies (no reply to)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This happened to us, called up the sales manager and it got stopped, although that doesnt stop them lying at reception by saying they are from our county IT dept and then get put through...as soon as I find that out, I hang up

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread