+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, Come back Dabs, all is forgiven in Purchasing and Trading; Ever since BT swallowed up Dabs I'm beggining to get more and more annoyed with them. I used to really ...

Thank Post

Come back Dabs, all is forgiven

Ever since BT swallowed up Dabs I'm beggining to get more and more annoyed with them. I used to really like their website, especially when you could drill down searchs to brands or drive or cpu variety but now the website is awful... I've had to cancel a few orders because the deliveries are taking longer and longer, if I ask for next day then I... well.. expect it next day.

Misco are brilliant for delivery but their website is a pain also.

Shame cos I have spent alot at Dabs and built up a really good relationship with my account manager.

Thank Post
    Our experiance with BT Business Direct has been good. Account Manager is top notch and we always get next day, no bother.
    Website is awful, but AM agree's with that - and tells me to send anything I want to him, to which he generates me a quote...always cheaper than the website and save's time!

Thank Post
    Same as Mike posted above; I send what I want to my account manager via email, he usually gets me a quote within a day and it's almost always a bit cheaper than the site price too

Thank Post
    I know the feeling .. I ordered a Wii with various accessories for the schools enrichment and inclusion programme just before Christmas, I've just had the final piece of the order this week, when all the stuff I ordered was showing as in stock when I placed the order. I had to chase them as they delivered 2 items then cancelled the rest of the order for some reason. The guy I spoke to said he's seen a few problems happen thus far.

Mind you, what do you expect from BT? I mean it takes them 3 weeks to get a computer to do a phone line test in a digital exchange, so when it comes to handling anything physical! lol ..

Though, I might try doing the account manager thing in future ..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    Ever since BT swallowed up Dabs I'm beggining to get more and more annoyed with them. I used to really like their website, especially when you could drill down searchs to brands or drive or cpu variety but now the website is awful... I've had to cancel a few orders because the deliveries are taking longer and longer, if I ask for next day then I... well.. expect it next day.

Misco are brilliant for delivery but their website is a pain also.

Shame cos I have spent alot at Dabs and built up a really good relationship with my account manager.
    you could always give us a shout Simoncfc73 , we have looked after many a edugeek member with success and I'm sure we can not only save your school money buy give you the level of service you deserve fella, my email is below if you would like some more info,

joe@c-p-ltd.com
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 14th June 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    I Havn't purchased anything from DABs since some1 there rang us up one day and said high im your new account manager. I know it sounds petty but we got on really well with our old account manager and they have know lost many schools trade of the back of it ( we probly put about 10/15k pa past them), as they moved him to another part of the business without telling us before. But also for somethings there pricing isnt always great.

Toby

Thank Post
    I thought I'd order a mem stick (encrypted) from them on the bank holiday weekend.

Well basically, they must have shut down completely as it wasn't picked until Tues and I didn't get it till Wed and they charged me £7 quid for the privilege.

In the old days, I've ordered at 8pm and had the stuff at 8am the next day.

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    I thought I'd order a mem stick (encrypted) from them on the bank holiday weekend.

Well basically, they must have shut down completely as it wasn't picked until Tues and I didn't get it till Wed and they charged me £7 quid for the privilege.

In the old days, I've ordered at 8pm and had the stuff at 8am the next day.

regards

Simon
    glad we got yours to you on time then Si

Thank Post
    I got my order, I thought it wasn't too bad as it was the following day.. they will reinburse the delivery so not too bad although....

.... I purchased a Acer repaired item, really good value so i thought I would take a punt on it, I had been bitten before with one of these but it was less than £200 for a really good spec machine.... switched it on and it beeped at me It was the graphics card so i removed it and got it working... haven't decided if I will keep it as I left it on over the weekend and I can't access it anymore.

Thank Post
    I must admit i'm not a massive fan of the new site design but overall we're quite happy with BT Business. As above, send requested items to account manager (even if the items aren't even listed on the site) and providing it isn't EOL he'll get a price over to me. We already have a customer discount setup on the site so the prices we see are already cheaper and usually our AM can get even cheaper than that. Works well that we also do quite a bit of business with Misco too, competing against prices etc. Delivery never a problem and sometimes I can haggle it for free depending upon the value/size of the order.

Only issue we did have recently was that there was a massive cockup with some USB hub labelling; I ordered 2 powered USB hubs and they kept sending out 2 unpowered ones. Each time it would have cost them more to have them returned so we kept them. The third time they got it right and we got 4 free USB hubs out of it, but still we have no use for them and would have much preferred having the correct order first time! Still, other than that we're happy customers.

Bear in mind that you may be able to get your AM manager to give you discounts on personal dabs.com orders too (i've stopped buying printer inks from PC world or the like now when I can effectively get it for half the price).

Thank Post
    Thank you for the posts on this topic, they have been helpful to the team here following problems with recent orders.
    Examples of the service we have received:
    - 3 different account managers in as many months
    - Promises to beat all other quotes but are actually more expensive.
    - Guaranteed next day delivery but items do not arrive for days.
    - Orders arrive incomplete
    - Invoices received for items never ordered
    - Pay for DHL delivery but items arrive by Royal Mail standard delivery.
    - Quotes and confirmations arrive electronically but are addressed to someone completely different.
    - Spelling and grammar mistakes on correspondence.
    - Items addressed to complete strangers
    - Invoices start with "to*first name*"
    - Order confirmations include sentences such as: "... you chosen next day or other premeum delivery service option, them in most cases your order will arrive within 1-3 days..." (What does that mean?!!?)

Need I say more?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    you missed the massive amount of over packaging that BT supply!

and we miss shane

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    I got a letter from them at work last week, completely unprompted, apologising for shoddy service (late delivery in particular) since they introduced a new computer system earlier this year. Personally I don't think that was behind all their problems, but they certainly think it explains some of them.

I have to admit that they are gradually moving towards my 'only use if can't find elsewhere' list, which is a pity as I've been using them for work and home for over 10 years. It certainly didn't help that our account manager completely sabotaged our relationship last year by undermining a competing supplier with the wholesaler.

All that said, I'd still rather use them than ebuyer, any day.
    Last edited by AngryTechnician; 16th July 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Thank Post
    The problem with Misco's delivery is it isnt free (or at least, we could never get our account manager to give us free delivery even when spending hundreds or thousands of £££).

At least with companies like @Millgate it is (and just as quick, if not quicker, than Misco), unsure about @CPLTD as not used them before but I dont think free delivery is too much to expect considering the amount you could be potentially spending. Doubling the cost of an item just because of delivery really peeves me off.

Anyway, slightly OT but saw the first post praising Misco delivery and thought i'd share my view! Haha.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We got a sample desktop from BT last year when we were going through the tender process and they managed to send PS/2 peripherals for a machine with only USB ports, and a monitor that was VGA only when the mobo only supported DVI. Didn't look brilliant!

Misco's site annoys me the most out of any of the suppliers because I never have any clue what they've named a category or which one they've selected for the item I'm after. My personal favourite is eBuyer's just because you can select multiple options when narrowing down search results - so very much more useful than "looking at 5m cables" -> "cancel that filter" -> "now looking at 10m cables"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast