+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, Evesham in Purchasing and Trading; During the summer hols, we had a few server issues and thinking that the server was still under warranty we ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Evesham

During the summer hols, we had a few server issues and thinking that the server was still under warranty we called Evesham to send a techie out to fix.
    Unknown to us, the support contract had run out a few months beforehand. They still sent a techie out to us regardless.

He spent three days f***ing with the servers RAID and replacing this and that. On the fourth day he turned round to us and said "Sorry you've lost everything."
    In the process of trying to fix a server that was just running slow and needed a little TLC, he had managed to destroy the RAID and lost all three HDD's data.
    He made a quick exit and we were left to pick up the pieces.
    We had to call in a favour (not the A Team!) to retrieve the data and rebuild the server. This was about 3 days before kids were coming back.

Evesham said it's not their fault as we have no warranty, despite them sending someone out knowing this. They are now in the process of trying to charge us for 4 days callout for 'fixing' the server.

Yeah, you fixed it.....good and proper.
    Needless to say we will try our best not to be dealing with them again!

Thank Post

Re: Evesham

WE have had Evesham techs in to our servers a few times over the years. I have no faith in them whatsoever, hence we dont use them any more for servers.

Thank Post

I hope you didn't pay them!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

My experience of Evesham 'next business day on site support' was for them to send a courier to pick up my laptops and whisk them away from my site to theor factory. The next business day.

P.S. The laptops were god awful and unreliable too, so much for being PC Pros A-List business laptop.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries

My predecessor had one built to allow for expansion ... it ran NT4 and was a reasonably stable machine ... apart from the board did not like having more that one RAID card in it and the one provided did not like more than 3 connect devices ... and the board (machine bought in 2000) was not compatible with W2K Server ...

Trying to speak to them about ideas of what to do they just wanted to sell me a new box ... (2004) but they were insisting I put W2K server on it instead of Server 2003 ... because they knew that there were issues with some drivers.

If you can't get hardware that will work with current OSes then get different hardware for your kit!!!

Oh yeah ... we don't deal with them anymore.

Thank Post

but they were insisting I put W2K server on it instead of Server 2003 ... because they knew that there were issues with some drivers.

If you can't get hardware that will work with current OSes then get different hardware for your kit!!!
    WE had exactly the same issue with our first server from them. IIRC we had to install 2000 then do a upgrade to 2003. I cant remember exactly wht the issue was but Raid drivers seem to come to mind.

Hence to say we dont use them anymore either.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

Evesham kit looks nice and is resonably priced, but I wouldn't go near them after my previous experiences.

Thank Post

Bill them for the time it took "favour bloke" to fix their cockup. Their tech attempted to carry out work he was clearly unable to do and caused data loss in the process - paying for the fix is the least they could do.

Re: evesham tech exiting stage left.

It's quite easy to buy and fit a wheel clamp you know, and it is your car park

Thank Post

We had an evesham tec out to fix a workstation, he fitted a new motherboard and wondered why when he turned the PC on it lasted 15 seconds before it reset. As he stood there with a puzzled look on his face I kindly pointed out that the heatsink and fan in his had had to be refitted Last evesham we ever had

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread