+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, Steljes in Purchasing and Trading; Just thought i'd make a point about this company (steljes) as they are now getting on my nerves. Apparently the ...

Thank Post

Steljes

Just thought i'd make a point about this company (steljes) as they are now getting on my nerves.

Apparently the school have used them before to supply SMARTBoard equipment and they have no other contacts to provide them with spares.

Anyway I have now e-mailed them twice over the past two or three weeks via both my own e-mail account and the form on their website and neither has been responded to.

I'm now getting the questions as to where the new cable is. I'm about to phone them now, but I wish I didn't have to.

How often does a company ignore its own sales e-mails? :?

Thank Post

Re: Steljes

K, it appears they ignored me because they no longer provide directly to schools. As i'm not a potential customer I wasn't worth replying to.

Thank Post

Wait till you have one go wrong - it'll make this experience seem like bliss.

(They are Mr Smart's UK rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Even when you explain you've moved the whole board to another classroom and the fault has travelled with it - they will try and insist that it's a software problem. (and they have many, many solutions for you to try!!!)

When you eventually get them to take it back (and you've kept the box it came in just for this event- haven't you) they can forget to do anything - even though you timed the event to correspond to a school holiday.

And then, when they evenutally agree its bust - they don't tell the other dept to ship a replacement to you.

etc etc etc

regards
    Simon
    PS And then, they blacklist their own reseller because 2 sections of their own company haven't talked to each other.

THEY ARE THE PITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! of customer service

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

come across them in the past have you si?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

We don't even bother with an official company. We buy the board ... it is mounted by our electricians / site staff and away we go.

I am going to try out another company on the projector installs though ... gives me more bargaining power ...

Thank Post

Steljes are the UK distribution centre for smart and do not like dealing with end users. As it happens wherever you buy your smartboard from it comes from steljes as they are the only place resellers can get them from. So if you have smart make sure you buy from a good reseller as they should deal with Steljes on your behalf!!!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by western
    Steljes are the UK distribution centre for smart and do not like dealing with end users.
    I found this out the hard way They used to provide directly to schools though.

As it happens wherever you buy your smartboard from it comes from steljes as they are the only place resellers can get them from.
    Probably why they are so big headed that they don't feel the need for good customer relations, end user or not .

So if you have smart make sure you buy from a good reseller as they should deal with Steljes on your behalf!!!
    'Deal with' are the key words here. I totally agree, haha.

Thank Post

make sure you buy from a good reseller as they should deal with Steljes on your behalf!!!

Thank Post

Thanks for this thread _Bat_, it explains why I too never heard anything back from my emailed requests for spare parts. Eejits.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information