+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, CP in Purchasing and Trading; I think we should now leave it between Simon and SpuffMonkey, If they then wish to share the outcome once ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think we should now leave it between Simon and SpuffMonkey, If they then wish to share the outcome once it has been solved then that is up to them.

Everyone has now had there say, so i think everyone should not just step back and await for them to sort it out.

James.

STOP

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Tony client confidentiality is far from a cop out , its a serious matter, and as other have said I will look to deal with my customer and my customer alone regarding this matter no need for a mediator thankyou though
    Can I just say that I have been watching this thread quietly since it appeared yeasterday and I find the above post a little concerning as a potential customer.

The problem was highlighted yesterday in public after presumably months of private talks. By post 10 a perfectly reasonable and doable suggestion is put on the table and your reply in post 12 coming across quiet favorable.

Why then at the end of today are we 4 pages in with plenty of posts by yourself and no site of a resolution?

The intial problem is between you and the OP alone and should really stay that way. But from a PR point of view, now it's in the public domain, surely a swift resolution - a good will gesture - today would have been beneficial all round?

EDIT: sorry, I was busy typing when the las two post are added. Of course yes, the OP and CPL should be sorting this out in private now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Apart from the fact that I have spoken to Spuffmonkey, had the order read out to me and am happy that until Simon comes back to say otherwise then I am happy that the order said DVD R/W kit and CP failed to deliver, and spuffmonkey is within his right to tell others he feels short changed.
    If this is the case its pretty simple, the supplied equipment was not as per order so Simon is required to refund or replace.
    If the price was incorrect (aka he charged for roms) then the natural resolution is a refund/credit for a correct order to be placed with Simon/others to resolve the issue.
    If the quote specifically says dvd-rom on it then Simon is in the correct, and then he should work with Spuff to find a nice solution but he has not done anything wrong.
    If it says a part number or is not clear either way then the price can be used as obviously roms are cheaper then dvd writers. If Simon charged for roms then it should be refunded as a credit note possibly but its not a clear cut case in this instance but since the quote was poorly written it would be fair to refund to allow a new quote with correct parts.
    If he charged for dvd writers and you got roms its obvious who is in the wrong.

As for confidentiality goes Spuff could post a pdf of the quote after removing any order numbers/names and there is no issue of confidentiality as its just a parts listing then.

This should be pretty easy to sort out tbh and not require months which is a bit poor. I as a customer of CP in the past (which did admittedly have 2 out of 2 orders have issues but Simon did sort the issues promptly) I would like to know the resolution.

Thank Post
    This thread was brought to you by Toyota.

Now it's started - it won't stop!!

Is that the end now?

Thank Post
    Think all customer/supplier issues should be resolved by a duel at dawn

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    If this is the case its pretty simple, the supplied equipment was not as per order so Simon is required to refund or replace.
    If the price was incorrect (aka he charged for roms) then the natural resolution is a refund/credit for a correct order to be placed with Simon/others to resolve the issue.
    If the quote specifically says dvd-rom on it then Simon is in the correct, and then he should work with Spuff to find a nice solution but he has not done anything wrong.
    If it says a part number or is not clear either way then the price can be used as obviously roms are cheaper then dvd writers. If Simon charged for roms then it should be refunded as a credit note possibly but its not a clear cut case in this instance but since the quote was poorly written it would be fair to refund to allow a new quote with correct parts.
    If he charged for dvd writers and you got roms its obvious who is in the wrong.

As for confidentiality goes Spuff could post a pdf of the quote after removing any order numbers/names and there is no issue of confidentiality as its just a parts listing then.

This should be pretty easy to sort out tbh and not require months which is a bit poor.
    with permission from the OP i will glady post a copy of the original sent quotation which clearly states DVDROM/CDRW

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Both post your relevant paperwork and let's be done with it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    with permission from the OP i will glady post a copy of the original sent quotation which clearly states DVDROM/CDRW
    As long as you're happy for me to post my PO that you got sent and your emails on the subject following my queries.

I thought I was pretty clear that I shouldered some of the blame for this mix up, and certainly didn't expect such a vociferous exchange all round, and had we been able to come to some mutual agreement, I wouldn't have needed to post here at all.

/* scouse accent on */

calm down now

/* scouse accent off */

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    This belongs on TV Burp...............'FIGHT !!!!'

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuffMonkey View Post
    As long as you're happy for me to post my PO that you got sent and your emails on the subject following my queries.

I thought I was pretty clear that I shouldered some of the blame for this mix up, and certainly didn't expect such a vociferous exchange all round, and had we been able to come to some mutual agreement, I wouldn't have needed to post here at all.

/* scouse accent on */

calm down now

/* scouse accent off */
    I would be more than happy for US to deal with this without the need for the publicity of the forum , the quote was recieved by yourselfs and a verbal order place before a PO was recieved ,

are you happy for us to talk tomorrow and come to a amicable resolve ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,898 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ok, so let me get this entire thing straight.

1. Customer asks for a quote for DVD-RW drives.
    2. Customer receives a quote for DVD-ROM/CDRW drives. (A simple mistake to make)
    3. Customer orders from that quote, using the part numbers specified (this is an assumption, but it is how I order things here).
    4. Customer receives drives, unpacks them and installs them without checking they are exactly what they wanted (thereby now making them second-user devices).
    5. 2 Weeks go by
    6. The drives are noticed to be incorrect and it is reported.

Now, personally, if this had been me, I would have accepted that I should have checked the items on delivery - that would be my fault, and my fault alone.

Sure, the small error of the wrong items being quoted is CP's fault but as the customer used the reference numbers, and then didn't check anything, they can hardly be faulted for delivering and then having trouble sorting it out. What is CP to do with 10 second user DVD-ROM/CD-RW drives? They can't sell them as new. They can't sell them with manufacturers warranties. So, due to a customer error (not checking), the company is left with lemons...

That's a little unfair I'm afraid.

And yes, this should be dealt with by CP and the OP in private, but at the same time, people should keep on posting bad experiences with *any* company - so long as they provide the full story.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Err yes they do. //Wait there, i see what you mean. How exactly do CP do that? Oh yeah, they ask their courier. How exactly is that different to what i can do on ebuyer, other than it takes longer?.
    I think you'll find that is what I said.

"They'll update you during the packing process but not when it leaves their warehouse. That is down to the courier. Same with all companies to be honest."
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 4th March 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Thank Post
    We should all cut Simon some slack. He is a 'nice' guy after all......

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post
    We should all cut Simon some slack. He is a 'nice' guy after all......
    Simon's a great guy, and I'm sure he'd be great craic in the pub - but where is my quote?!

richard_s
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    @grumbledook it is unusual for you to get involved in one of these slanging matches.

Notice to All concerned:
    Let's leave it to @spuffmonkey and @CPLTD to try and sort it out now and stop this thread descending into yet another petty argument

Please!

I have 2 comments on this firstly elsiegee40 who made you a mod and secondly [no swearing!] happens, its not the end of the world and no body died so lets drop the matter.
    Last edited by john; 5th March 2010 at 02:38 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information