+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, CP in Purchasing and Trading; I am actually quite shocked that Grumbledook is on here bad mouthing CP Ltd simply because the NM/techie involved did ...
    Thank Post
    I am actually quite shocked that Grumbledook is on here bad mouthing CP Ltd simply because the NM/techie involved did not double check his quote before ordering it!!!!!
    That's the thing about opinions, everyone's entitled to them :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Hmm, again im sure thats what i said, well sorry i gave an example of the "extra benifits".
    Well you asked a question and I answered it. I can't quite see why you are getting upset with that.

Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    What with all the bum chumming of late? Am i not allowed an opinion which upsets your "friends"?
    Scanning back over the thread I can't see that anyone has tried to stop you voicing your opinion.
    Not quite sure what you are insinuating here but "friends" as you put it has nothing to do with it.
    I have used CP many times and had great service. In the interests of fairness its right and proper that people relate good experiences as well.

Thank Post
    Scanning back over the thread I can't see that anyone has tried to stop you voicing your opinion.
    Nobody has told you your opinion is RUBBISH! so think yourself lucky.

Do eBuyer give you a dedicated point of contact if you have issues or is it some call centre in Sheffield where you have to sit in a queue?

They'll update you during the packing process but not when it leaves their warehouse. That is down to the courier. Same with all companies to be honest. Just with a company advertising on here you usually have one person who you can shout at if need be.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    They'll update you during the packing process but not when it leaves their warehouse.
    Err yes they do. //Wait there, i see what you mean. How exactly do CP do that? Oh yeah, they ask their courier. How exactly is that different to what i can do on ebuyer, other than it takes longer?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Not quite sure what you are insinuating here but "friends" as you put it has nothing to do with it.
    So whats with the "Thanks to sparkeh from: CPLTD (Today) " for agreeing with your opinion? I always thought the "Thanks" button was there gives thanks for a useful or informative post, not so people can brown nose each other.

Hey, i stated an opinion, i made sure it said "IF the OP is telling the truth" before it, and i get slated for it. Yep, i see how that one works out.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 4th March 2010 at 02:47 PM.

Thank Post
    @ GD - When making a purchase with a debit card - do you check the amount before entering your pin number or are you certain that the cashier has got it right? If the latter can you tell me where you shop please?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    I think the moral of the story is - don't just blindly sign off/order quotes and assume they are/were correct.

I am surprised at some peoples comments on here, particularly Grumbledook's! If I was grumbledook's network manager and he pulled me up as to why DVD writers were not fitted, and it transpired to be because I did not double check the quote was 100% correct - I would expect Grumbledook to pull me into his office and give me a right royal rollicking.

I am actually quite shocked that Grumbledook is on here bad mouthing CP Ltd simply because the NM/techie involved did not double check his quote before ordering it!!!!!

Butuz
    I am bad mouthing any supplier who can't prepare a quote based on what is requested a customer ... and yes, I would give you a rollicking to, but I would also tell the supplier to buck their ideas up and not put my staff in that position if they want any more business from me.

I am also shocked at the number of people that are defending a supplier who has made a mistake. What was quoted is not as what was requested. The OP has clearly stated that. It has not been refuted by Simon and instead we have people saying it is all down to the OP. That is why I keep saying 'Rubbish!' to people. Personally I think the OP has been pretty clear about his perception of it all and nothing has been said by Simon to refute that.

I know CP are a good supplier and have had good business from them before, I do suggest them as an option to folk but I am also critical when things go wrong. In this case something has gone wrong and some of the fault lies with CP. We have examples mentioned in this thread of when similar has happened with Dell, and we could find it with others too ...

Yes, corners were cut but that is because someone built up a relationship of trust with a supplier and presumed that the expertise of them would mean that it is unlikely for something to go wrong ... that is why we build up relationships with account managers after all. In this case something did go wrong, that trust has broken down and a member has posted the information.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i do have to say that because of our client confidentiality terms I cannot go into the complete details of this order so will just sit and take the assumptions on the chin

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alan-d View Post
    @ GD - When making a purchase with a debit card - do you check the amount before entering your pin number or are you certain that the cashier has got it right? If the latter can you tell me where you shop please?
    A good analogy would be if I am a regular at a particular shop ... an independent book store perhaps (to be topical) where the owner and I are on close terms ... he knows my choice of books, we make suggestions to each other of what to read and what stock to get ... there is a high element of trust there. I might ask him to get a special order in for me over the phone and he does ... and relies on me to pay him promptly in spite of me not paying up front. Likewise I trust him to put the right numbers in on the till and so might be a bit slack and not check things. However, I might go back and say that there is a problem with something I had requested that did not come in quite right and cost way more than was said or was the wrong version (eg ordered a limited edition hardback instead of cheaper trade paberback, or ordered a latin translation of HP & the wandering wizards) ... he does what he can to build the trust up again, and if that trust is gone I might be a heck of a lot more cautious about how I order / but things, I might even say to friends who also use the same bookshop that I had a problem too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    @grumbledook it is unusual for you to get involved in one of these slanging matches.

Notice to All concerned:
    Let's leave it to @spuffmonkey and @CPLTD to try and sort it out now and stop this thread descending into yet another petty argument

Please!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    What was quoted is not as what was requested.
    (At this risk of being accused as partisan) Again you have no way on knowing this. Were you involved in the ordering or the quote preparation?
    Do you know something we don't?

Seriously I am really surprised at you GD

edit: Sorry elsiegee40 is completely right. Not sure how I ended up here. Many apologies.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    @grumbledook it is unusual for you to get involved in one of these slanging matches.

Notice to All concerned:
    Let's leave it to @spuffmonkey and @CPLTD to try and sort it out now and stop this thread descending into yet another petty argument

Please!
    "MAKE ELSIEGEE40 A MOD! MAKE ELSIEGEE40 A MOD!"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    A good analogy would be if I am a regular at a particular shop ... an independent book store perhaps (to be topical) where the owner and I are on close terms ... he knows my choice of books, we make suggestions to each other of what to read and what stock to get ... there is a high element of trust there. I might ask him to get a special order in for me over the phone and he does ... and relies on me to pay him promptly in spite of me not paying up front. Likewise I trust him to put the right numbers in on the till and so might be a bit slack and not check things. However, I might go back and say that there is a problem with something I had requested that did not come in quite right and cost way more than was said or was the wrong version (eg ordered a limited edition hardback instead of cheaper trade paberback, or ordered a latin translation of HP & the wandering wizards) ... he does what he can to build the trust up again, and if that trust is gone I might be a heck of a lot more cautious about how I order / but things, I might even say to friends who also use the same bookshop that I had a problem too.
    Yea Yea I know what the thread is about and it lost it's usefulness about halfway through - I'm just looking for a way to get some extra cash

So - where do you shop again?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    (At this risk of being accused as partisan) Again you have no way on knowing this. Were you involved in the ordering or the quote preparation?
    Do you know something we don't?

Seriously I am really surprised at you GD

edit: Sorry elsiegee40 is completely right. Not sure how I ended up here. Many apologies.
    Apart from the fact that I have spoken to Spuffmonkey, had the order read out to me and am happy that until Simon comes back to say otherwise then I am happy that the order said DVD R/W kit and CP failed to deliver, and spuffmonkey is within his right to tell others he feels short changed.

If people see it as a slanging match it is because suppliers and resellers market themselves on being people you can trust to get you what you want and need. In this case someone is not happy that CP have fulfilled that and I am defending their position ... the same way I have defended the position of others when talking about Dell, NS Optimum, Capita and so on.

I have yet to hear from CP about how they want to address this (don't cop out with client confidentiality). If Sophos took this attitude people would be up in arms.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tony client confidentiality is far from a cop out , its a serious matter, and as other have said I will look to deal with my customer and my customer alone regarding this matter no need for a mediator thankyou though

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    @grumbledook. If everyone else can take my advice and back out of opinion-making now, can I suggest that you carry on this conversation with @CPLTD using PM

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information