+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, CP in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by nephilim Generally Simon has been a good supplier... When you can get him to give you a ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Generally Simon has been a good supplier...
    When you can get him to give you a bloody quote!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhyte85 View Post
    The reseller had been told, at the time that the D630 was still available, during the order process it may have come to EOL but... presumably the acc manager at Dell would have told the reseller who we used, but... this it didn't happen.

Dell on any level are not great for communicating anything, it was kind of a comply or die situation, in our case it was if you don't like Vista tough... problem being on a very aged Novell network this caused too many issues. Of course, you're entitled to an opinion, I'm stating the fact that Dell are not great with communicating changes, reading e-mails, reading prior e-mail notes or resolving issues - from my experience at least.
    Are you Witch?

Thank Post
    Well - a lot of comment. I thought I was pretty fair with the initial comment, and accepted I should've checked the shipment more closely - but I asked for and ordered (in writing) DVD writers. I told Simon of the mistake and he told me on the phone and by email that he would rectify the situation - but he didn't. I think its fair to let people know that a supplier might not be quite as helpful after they have your money than they are when they are pitching for your business.

Thank Post
    Are you Witch?
    No, I just don't agree with you.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    somabc: note quite true if you read what Simon has posted if the purchase order submitted by the buyer did state DVDRom/CDRW based of the quote they received from CP then the buyer has entered into a contract to buy DVDROM/CDRW drives and not the DVDRW he actually required.

Ben
    Yeah that is what I meant if the customer orders the wrong part then there is no recourse.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have said that the OP might not be faultless in this (which Kev admits too) but my point has been, and remains, that if you ask a supplier / reseller for a quote then there is a reasonable expectation for it to be correct and not have to chase problems. I will continue to say rubbish to people that push all the problem back to the OP and if my horse is high then at least I know that I am happy to go back into the stalls and muck out when needed.

I was also disappointed (as already mentioned) that in the 6 months where this has been going on, it only took one post on here by the OP to get Simon to say that he will be back in touch the next day with the OP. I take the same attitude with this as I would for other suppliers ... it should not take action on a public forum to make you do a U-turn. I am just being consistent with what I have said about other companies ... and it is always backed up with the idea that should the company improve then that will be a good thing to discuss as well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuffMonkey View Post
    Well - a lot of comment. I thought I was pretty fair with the initial comment, and accepted I should've checked the shipment more closely - but I asked for and ordered (in writing) DVD writers. I told Simon of the mistake and he told me on the phone and by email that he would rectify the situation - but he didn't. I think its fair to let people know that a supplier might not be quite as helpful after they have your money than they are when they are pitching for your business.
    Well if thats the full story then you are 100% in the right and tbh i wouldnt be doing any more business with CPltd if that were me. If they cant even deal with a £200 problem, what happens when you have ordered £20k of servers from them and something goes wrong?

Why do people go through account managers when the likes of ebuyers online store is just as cheap, if not cheaper? Sopposedly to sort problems like this with ease. 6 months is just shocking.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Well if thats the full story then you are 100% in the right and tbh i wouldnt be doing any more business with CPltd if that were me. If they cant even deal with a £200 problem, what happens when you have ordered £20k of servers from them and something goes wrong?

Why do people go through account managers when the likes of ebuyers online store is just as cheap, if not cheaper? Sopposedly to sort problems like this with ease. 6 months is just shocking.
    obviously you dont know the facts to come out with fly statements like that

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Well I can only relate my own experience but I use a good account manager for the extra benefits they can bring. An example:

2 days before OFSTED a projector bulb blows. It evening time and I phone Simon, he goes away and finds a replacement that can be with us next day. I phone him a couple of times during the day and he provides updates about the location of the bulb on the road. Try getting ebuyers to do that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    2 days before OFSTED a projector bulb blows. It evening time and I phone Simon, he goes away and finds a replacement that can be with us next day. I phone him a couple of times during the day and he provides updates about the location of the bulb on the road. Try getting ebuyers to do that.
    Parcel tracking online?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 997 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Parcel tracking online?
    That does not give much more info as it only shows its reached such and such a depot and then its out for delivery and thats about it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Dell, and other computer manufacturers, change kit on a weekly basis. You can't possibly expect them to be able to provide the same model 6 months later if you're buying from Dell/HP/Acer etc. If they do then it's a bonus but to assume the same make and model will be available after that time is wrong.
    But it WAS the same model and I did check the model name - they just happened to make both desktops and towers!!

Anyway, as has been said, we can't really comment any further as we dont have the full details.
    It is a salutary lesson in checking a quote, and one that I shall take notice of in the future (I do try to check but it is nice to be reminded)
    BTW - only me is me, in case you wondered!!
    Last edited by witch; 4th March 2010 at 01:24 PM.

Thank Post
    I think the moral of the story is - don't just blindly sign off/order quotes and assume they are/were correct.

I am surprised at some peoples comments on here, particularly Grumbledook's! If I was grumbledook's network manager and he pulled me up as to why DVD writers were not fitted, and it transpired to be because I did not double check the quote was 100% correct - I would expect Grumbledook to pull me into his office and give me a right royal rollicking.

I am actually quite shocked that Grumbledook is on here bad mouthing CP Ltd simply because the NM/techie involved did not double check his quote before ordering it!!!!!

Butuz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    I am actually quite shocked that Grumbledook is on here bad mouthing CP Ltd simply because the NM/techie involved did not double check his quote before ordering it!!!!!
    Butuz
    See post number #33

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    obviously you dont know the facts to come out with fly statements like that
    Err that why i said "If this is the full story". If you cant even read my post properly...

Obviously you know alot about talking to customers eh I think we'll be thinking twice about giving you any of our money if that is your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Well I can only relate my own experience but I use a good account manager for the extra benefits they can bring.
    Hmm, again im sure thats what i said, well sorry i gave an example of the "extra benifits".

Try getting ebuyers to do that
    (See pic below) Whats that? Oh there it is

What with all the bum chumming of late? Am i not allowed an opinion which upsets your "friends"?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by j17sparky; 4th March 2010 at 02:12 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information