+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, HP - fixed price printer repair farce in Purchasing and Trading; Oh my god. I've just spent 2 hours on the phone while a gentleman (judging by the accent) in an ...

Thank Post

HP - fixed price printer repair farce

Oh my god. I've just spent 2 hours on the phone while a gentleman (judging by the accent) in an Indian call centre trys to tell me that the reason our wide format printer keeps detecting a paper jam is because it needs new ink cartridges.

I mean FFS, do these people only have a script of 10 questions? I've fixed many a printer in my time so I've done the basics, but why do HP then waste an hour asking me to take the paper trays in and out ( repeat * 5)!

So much for the fixed price, on-site technician repair. You have to go through this rigmarole first and believe me, it isn't worth it!

Printer into bin. New printer please! (and not an HP)

Thank Post
    I've always liked HP printers, but have to admit the quality of them is not what it was, flimsy plastic parts that break too easily. We've got quite a large number of them in my school covering several years, and the older models are definitely much better constructed.

Take a look at Xerox printers, we brought one of these for our staffroom about a year ago, and I'm seriously impressed with it - well made sturdy construction, the toners last forever in it and not one single problem with it in over a year now. It just works. Can't say the same for most of the other printers in the place.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Take a look at Xerox printers, we brought one of these for our staffroom about a year ago, and I'm seriously impressed with it.
    As a well-known HP-hater, I couldn't agree more with this. I too have become fond of Xerox printers in the last year as I have used them to replace increasingly unreliable HP units. I've been using the 6125N and 6130N models, and they have been pretty much install and forget.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread