+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, VERY disappointed in Purchasing and Trading; Given all the good things I've heard about CPLTD on EduGeek I decided to e-mail Simon to get several quotes ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,973 Posts

VERY disappointed

Given all the good things I've heard about CPLTD on EduGeek I decided to e-mail Simon to get several quotes for some Ruckus Wireless kit (2 x ZoneController 1000s and 25-36 APs). I e-mailed him very early on Wednesday morning (this week) and have yet to receive a single reply (three whole days later and counting). Since this is the first time I've dealt with CPLTD I have to say that this hasn't made a particularly good first impression not to mention being extremely disappointed. Do quotes normally take this long from them?

I think I will be e-mailing other suppliers on Monday (and possibly do what AngryTechnician does to CPLTD if I don't hear anything next week).
    Last edited by Arthur; 25th September 2009 at 10:58 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    I do think that perhaps you need to check that he actually got your email (things get lost, systems go down) before you leap in and start making remarks like this .
    The mere fact that you HAVE heard good things about CPLTD should perhaps mean that you pause long enough to find out if there was a problem before putting up a post like this.

PEO
    Thank Post
    I can back this up, this has happened to me twice now. And they have lost out on some big orders, therefore will continue to do so as I dont have time to email people and not get a responce.

Thank Post
    I'm waiting on a quote as well but I expect the delay is because CPL is waiting for the @rsholes they have to deal with to get back to them. I know this is the case because I've already tried to deal with said @rseholes. I'm sure Simon is working on your behalf.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Simon has been on his own this week, might be a reason things are running slow

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I do think that perhaps you need to check that he actually got your email (things get lost, systems go down) before you leap in and start making remarks like this.
    I know e-mail is never 100% reliable, but I did check (and double-check) our e-mail system before I made the post above. Apologies in advance to Simon if he genuinely didn't get my e-mail, but it all looks fine my end. Personally, I think three days is quite a long time without a single reply considering all of our usual suppliers respond within a few hours at most.

Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    I'm waiting on a quote as well but I expect the delay is because CPL is waiting for the @rsholes they have to deal with to get back to them. I know this is the case because I've already tried to deal with said @rseholes. I'm sure Simon is working on your behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    I think Simon has been on his own this week, might be a reason things are running slow
    I can completely understand what it's like when you're working on your own. However, a simple one line e-mail saying something to this effect would have been perfectly fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    I can back this up, this has happened to me twice now. And they have lost out on some big orders, therefore will continue to do so as I don't have time to email people and not get a response.
    Exactly. I hate chasing suppliers when I've got plenty of better things to do with my time.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    @ Arthur, you could give Net-Ctrl, another Edugeek Sponsor and Ruckus Gold Partner, a buzz on Monday and I am sure Mark and his team will be happy to send you a quote across ASAP for you.
    Thanks for the tip, John. I'll do that when I get in next week.
    Last edited by Arthur; 26th September 2009 at 12:31 AM.

Thank Post
    Maybe PM'ing him on here first would have been the better idea, Simon is usually pretty quick on replying to emails, just make sure he go it.

Which supplier in their right mind would turn down business on purpose - especially in this financial climate ahah

Thank Post
    I think I probably should have tried that first in hindsight. However, I'm sure he won't mind a little bit of constructive criticism.

Thank Post
    Have you actually bothered to pick up the phone and call Simon/CPLTD? Or even PM him?

I think it's unfair to say you are "VERY disappointed" with a company just because you have not had a reply back to a sales email. It's more than likely not arrived, went into spam/junk or perhaps CPLTD are very busy and have a backlog to go through.

Either way, unless you have exhausted all possible methods of contact (PM/Phone/MSN) I think this post is unfair on Simon/CPLTD. I've had some stuff from them in the past and Simon has always been great.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Got to say that, in my experience, this isn't normal for Simon or CP in general. In fact I phoned him today for an order and got sorted in about 10mins.

I would probably say its best to phone to talk over your requirements anyway, plus you get to experience the Collins charm
    Last edited by sparkeh; 26th September 2009 at 01:02 AM.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's a bit harsh to slate the guy just because he hasn't responded to your email request yet isn't it? I usually expect a reply anything up to a week after I've emailed somebody as I know how busy some people are out there.

If you'd ordered something from the company and it was broken or whatever then fair play to criticise if you then get bad service, but come on give the guy a chance.

Thank Post
    I don't email Simon now - my emails never get through either, or go to junk or just simply get lost! However, if I PM on here, his response is fairly snappy (quick) . Likewise, I asked him for a quote and he never got back to me, but then I think he did mention he was off for a while so has a backlog to get through; wasn't an issue as i'd asked my other suppliers at the same time so just went with one of them!

Whilst I can understand your frustration at not getting a response (I was concerned after 2 and a half days), I do agree with CSNM-Carl in that a post written in this manner should have waited until you had at least phoned or even PMed the guy. Even a post questioning where Simon is or why he hasn't responded, whilst still a bit OTT, may have looked a little more favourable, but I think you jumped the gun a bit here!

Remember that many here have had fanstastic experiences with the company and wont side with you as much as maybe you had expected! I have made a few orders with them, which I have been happy with, but not enough to comment like others can.
    Last edited by dgsmith; 26th September 2009 at 10:06 AM.

Thank Post
    On the topic of emailing suppliers, I will never cold send an email for quote, except for one supplier which I have a very, very good relationship with. While email is good, nothing beats the personal touch of calling someone and talking briefly first and then asking if its alright to send an email with the finer details of the request.

I find this approach takes a little longer but people seem to really like the personal touch and I think that in a few cases I have gotten better deals then other colleagues over here because of it. Just my 2 quid.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I email my quotes to Dan at WStore all the time and i get an answer straight away. Sometimes i dont get the chance to sit down long enough to make a phone call to anybody. I like the fact i just press send, get on with whatever im doing then check back later for his response. I've recently dealt with Aggy at Ctrl-Net the same way and got the responses i needed.

My 2p!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Email is my preferred method of getting quotes. I can write out emails to 3 suppliers, send em and get on with other stuff, safe in the knowledge that I'll get 3 quotes back.

I only call when I need to chase something, or if I want something I'm not sure the name/make/model of.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information