+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82
Bad Experiences Thread, VERY disappointed in Purchasing and Trading; I also PMd him for some quotes he offered. I posted in the hardware section of the forum for recommendations ...
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I also PMd him for some quotes he offered. I posted in the hardware section of the forum for recommendations (25th Sept), he posted his response asking me to PM him with my details, which I did. Still no response.

    Unless the PM system on Edugeek is faulty!

  2. #62

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    3,971
    Thank Post
    1,362
    Thanked 627 Times in 487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTSM View Post
    I also PMd him for some quotes he offered. I posted in the hardware section of the forum for recommendations (25th Sept), he posted his response asking me to PM him with my details, which I did. Still no response.

    Unless the PM system on Edugeek is faulty!
    never recieved your pm fella can you resend ?

  3. #63


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,134
    Thank Post
    1,307
    Thanked 808 Times in 513 Posts
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I think the service at CP is second to none.
    Yup none is better

  4. #64
    apoth0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,221
    Thank Post
    151
    Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Not very good etiquette bringing up a post from the dark to promote ur own business?
    6 Posts too?
    I think you need to read the rules, and because of that ur on my blacklist.
    Good work xx

    Post was deleted, I wasn't just randomly ranting
    Last edited by apoth0r; 28th October 2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Previous post deleted

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    232
    Thank Post
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    23
    Sorry guys, I also had a negative experience from Simon, I emailed him for a ruckus quote and recieved no reply, I then send him a PM through this site and no reply.
    I purchased my ruckus from Net-Ctrl, perfect customer service from the start, quick replies to emails and even phoning to check how it was working.

  6. #66

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    3,971
    Thank Post
    1,362
    Thanked 627 Times in 487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    Sorry guys, I also had a negative experience from Simon, I emailed him for a ruckus quote and recieved no reply, I then send him a PM through this site and no reply.
    I purchased my ruckus from Net-Ctrl, perfect customer service from the start, quick replies to emails and even phoning to check how it was working.
    interesting as nothing recieved this end Jose, did you think to mabye follow your email with a quick call ?

    very quick to give bad feedback without even speaking with us direct!

  7. #67
    teddybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    46
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    A school secretary mentioned that she wanted to buy a Dell for her sons Christmas, I mentioned Simon to her and that I'd pass on her details

    I e-mailed Simon, very quickly a reply came back saying Hi etc and wanted a few more details. I passed on the secretaries details and he's taken it from there.

    Had no problems whatsoever from Simon, always fast replying here (even for a single item) and would deifnately deal with again.

    It says something that Simon is replying in this post, he could very easily have ignored it all.

  8. #68

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,875
    Thank Post
    393
    Thanked 581 Times in 532 Posts
    Rep Power
    172
    Recently purchased some kit from Simon. Was a pleasure to deal with from the word go. Quote received quickly and even had a few calls from Simon. Can't fault the service!

    Simon, you do know what I am going to say though.

  9. #69
    apoth0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,221
    Thank Post
    151
    Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Well to be honest I never rely on email alone, if i hear nothing I have a phone, I shall use it. If i'm contacting someone then I want a reply, if they haven't received it I'll use another method of communication until I get through.
    I don't believe that sending an email, receiving no reply and having a moan is the way to gauge a company.
    If you don't get a reply go find another company if you feel that way inclined, but don't just slate someone for not contacting you when you haven't really tried.

    This thread is a bit of a joke and I don't like how people keep adding to it randomly and bringing up old news.
    If you order something and it doesnt come, then fair enough, reason for complaint, but no one has any obligation to contact you. You want something, give them a ring for goodness sake.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    232
    Thank Post
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    23
    well it seems thats he responds quickly to most requests but when your looking to build a relationship with a company you expect them to atleast respond to emails and private messages.

    I did not moan before but I felt that I had to support the original thread starter who has aired his complaint on a forum designed for such things and has recieved stick and abuse for doing what he is entitled to do.

    The fact is about over three people on this thread have complained over the same issue and everyone else comes on here saying positive things hoping to get something for free.

    You have to judge a company by how they treat you not how they treat someone else who is probably recieving freebies.

  11. #71

    CPLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    3,971
    Thank Post
    1,362
    Thanked 627 Times in 487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    well it seems thats he responds quickly to most requests but when your looking to build a relationship with a company you expect them to atleast respond to emails and private messages.

    I did not moan before but I felt that I had to support the original thread starter who has aired his complaint on a forum designed for such things and has recieved stick and abuse for doing what he is entitled to do.

    The fact is about over three people on this thread have complained over the same issue and everyone else comes on here saying positive things hoping to get something for free.

    You have to judge a company by how they treat you not how they treat someone else who is probably recieving freebies.
    now thats a bit harsh , no 1 the original poster is now a valued and happy customer who appologised for starting the thread when we never recieved any communication from him,
    And I truly resent your comment regarding our prize draws and competitions , We feel we are giving back to the cumminity for the support we have gained over the years , infact the latest winner of our prize draw isnt even a current customer,
    I think you will find that there are many a happy customer on edugeeks forums and those that have a complaint find that we deal with it straight away.

  12. #72

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,088
    Thank Post
    511
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    803
    Sorry but you're heading into 'out of line' territory there Jose. If I am wanting to create a relationship with a company - I call them. Once I have built up a relationship, I will rely on email. If I send an email, and don't hear anything back, I chase it via phone. Email is not 100% reliable, never has been and never will be. Speaking to the people direct is how its done.

    And attacking people for the free stuff is just childish. Yes some people have a joke about wanting free Ruckus dogs, but they are doing just that - joking. I appreciate that CP put a lot of effort into being a part of this community. The reason people make positive comments, is because they have such good working relationships with them!

  13. #73
    apoth0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,221
    Thank Post
    151
    Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    He responds quickly because I phone him and speak to him?
    He then sorts what I need and sends me anything further by email unless he's feeling particularly fruity and wants a chat.
    Yes Simon does chat! That's why I RING him.

  14. #74

    garethedmondson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gowerton, Swansea
    Posts
    2,200
    Thank Post
    936
    Thanked 315 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    163
    I wonder if it's time to close this thread before any toys are thrown out of the pram or any more mud is thrown.

    Nobody should be put in a position where they have to defend themselves.

    GJE

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    232
    Thank Post
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Sorry but you're heading into 'out of line' territory there Jose. If I am wanting to create a relationship with a company - I call them. Once I have built up a relationship, I will rely on email. If I send an email, and don't hear anything back, I chase it via phone. Email is not 100% reliable, never has been and never will be. Speaking to the people direct is how its done.

    And attacking people for the free stuff is just childish. Yes some people have a joke about wanting free Ruckus dogs, but they are doing just that - joking. I appreciate that CP put a lot of effort into being a part of this community. The reason people make positive comments, is because they have such good working relationships with them!

    I prefer using email as I can send one off then just wait for a reply without hanging about on the phone.

    If a company offeres to communicate via email or web based form, then you would expect a reasonable response time if you use it. Having people turn around and say that you should have phoned is a bit silly, why offer a service if you do not have theman/brain power to operate it to the same standards as other parts of your business.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •