+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, VERY disappointed in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by localzuk Email is my preferred method of getting quotes. I can write out emails to 3 suppliers, ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Email is my preferred method of getting quotes. I can write out emails to 3 suppliers, send em and get on with other stuff, safe in the knowledge that I'll get 3 quotes back.

I only call when I need to chase something, or if I want something I'm not sure the name/make/model of.
    this is why every single email we send has not only a delivery receipt but also a read receipt attached so we dont need to phone the customer after and ask "Did you recieve the quote"

Thank Post
    lol @little-miss - more alternative company recommendations in a CP thread!
    To balance it up a bit, although I've not actually bought anything yet, i've dealt with CP and NT via here and via email - never had a problem with either.

As they're being mentioned in the same thread I'll go a step further - both of these companies seem to respect eachother pretty well - the fact they co-exist in a popular forum like this and (to my knowledge) haven't slagged eachother off at any point speaks volumes about their values.

As for the OP, I think from looking at your last post you probably know you should have at least placed a phone call or PM on here first.
    I'm all for sharing negative experiences, but they have got to be strong valid reasons otherwise it just reads like a "bad day at the office" post.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah it does read like that i suppose...it was meant more of an argument FOR emails

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I will PM Simon a bit later with the details. Last week was pretty stressful for me at work, so I was probably a bit too impetuous in making my post. Hope there's no hard feelings Simon.

I usually do what Little Miss and others do and tend to prefer e-mail. Not only have I got an exact copy of what I asked in my inbox (which makes referring back to it in the future much easier) but with only myself and one other person supporting the school where I work (~1200 pupils/150 staff) sadly there is rarely the time to spend making phone calls to various suppliers.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I will PM Simon a bit later with the details. Last week was pretty stressful for me at work, so I was probably a bit too impetuous in making my post. Hope there's no hard feelings Simon.

I usually do what Little Miss and others do and tend to prefer e-mail. Not only have I got an exact copy of what I asked in my inbox (which makes referring back to it in the future much easier) but with only myself and one other person supporting the school where I work (~1200 pupils/150 staff) sadly there is rarely the time to spend making phone calls to various suppliers.
    no hard feelings at all fella just a little disapointed that the thread has just been used to promote other suppliers but hey no publicity is bad as I have just recieved a Ruckus enquiry due to this thread lol funny how things turn out hey ,

I look forward to recieving your PM and will provide you with a superb quotation for your requirements once recieved fella

Thank Post

opposite experience

Have to say I've had the opposite experience. Filled in a long rambling enquiry form on their website this morning (never the best way let's face it) and got a response straight away. Not bad for a Saturday morning (I think that may make me the sadder individual as I'm not flogging anything!).

If their prices match up to their response time I'll be happy!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGriffiths View Post
    Have to say I've had the opposite experience. Filled in a long rambling enquiry form on their website this morning (never the best way let's face it) and got a response straight away. Not bad for a Saturday morning (I think that may make me the sadder individual as I'm not flogging anything!).

If their prices match up to their response time I'll be happy!
    dont worry about the prices fella they will be low

Thank Post
    I contacted Simon this week by email for a quote for 18 laptops. That was my first contact with CPL. I was very impressed with the response, the follow up and the quote. I phoned him yesterday and it was obvious he was rushed off his feet and had to answer other peopleís phones. It didnít stop him following up on what I requested.
    The deal was sorted and at a great price.

Just have to say a big thank you to Simon. Youíre a star.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwobbly View Post
    I contacted Simon this week by email for a quote for 18 laptops. That was my first contact with CPL. I was very impressed with the response, the follow up and the quote. I phoned him yesterday and it was obvious he was rushed off his feet and had to answer other peopleís phones. It didnít stop him following up on what I requested.
    The deal was sorted and at a great price.

Just have to say a big thank you to Simon. Youíre a star.
    Many thanks for your kinds words fella and glad to be of service

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    this is why every single email we send has not only a delivery receipt but also a read receipt attached so we dont need to phone the customer after and ask "Did you recieve the quote"
    not much use if people do what I do and have my client set to ignore these receipt requests - i hate them with a vengance

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    not much use if people do what I do and have my client set to ignore these receipt requests - i hate them with a vengance
    may i ask why you trust technology that much that you send a important email and assume it will arrive,

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    I know that some emails I've sent before have been classed as spam but I do also follow up with a phonecall I even remember the cp phone number number.

Thank Post
    Gotta say that Simon's pretty quick on the emails. Would recommend CPLtd, prices seem very good, with great communication

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollstar View Post
    Gotta say that Simon's pretty quick on the emails. Would recommend CPLtd, prices seem very good, with great communication
    The thanks were for your signature.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol i like it!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information