+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, Roche AV - LCD cleaning up-sell in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs down Roche AV - LCD cleaning up-sell

Has anyone else had issues with Roche AV and sending lamps back on warranty recently?

I sent back 2 without issue, but a 3rd failed (with a bang) so they offered to clean out the glass dust as part of the warranty service free-of-charge as well as replacing the lamp. To be honest I was quite impressed with that as they have to pay to have it shipped.

I then got a call from someone at Roche who seemed to be a service engineer. He gave me quite a long spiel about the projector having a strong pink cast over the image and how it is caused by dirt on the blue LCD etc. etc. (our filters are cleaned very regularly and he agreed that the filters were clean in that projector). I could tell at that point we were building up a head of steam for a sales pitch.

He then tried to sell me their service of cleaning the LCD for £69, despite the colour quality having been absolutely fine up until the lamp going. Obviously it didn't sound like such a fantastic idea, so I told him I'd want to get quotes from other companies for the work to be done and asked him to clean out the glass dust, put the new lamp in and send it back here as agreed. He seemed more than a little miffed at that and told me he would have to ask his manager about that! Ahem, no he bloody wouldn't!

Is this a new thing with Roche? Have I just been unlucky on this occasion? I've never had any significant problems with them in the past and their customer support has been very friendly and responsive (a guy called Craig usually calls and I cannot fault him at all).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sahmeepee View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with Roche AV and sending lamps back on warranty recently?
    I am not usually one to post criticism of companies but to be honest we have had nothing but problems with Roche from awful quality installations to issues getting warranty bulbs replaced. I am actually glad that our projectors are out of warranty so we don't have to deal with them anymore.

I hesitate to say this, as I don't like to and as others may have had different experiences, but I would avoid them.

Thank Post
    Just a quick update: we've had the projector back and the image was absolutely fine (no colouration). Either there was no significant problem to begin with or they did it for us free of charge.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    we have had nothing but problems with Roche from awful quality installations
    Sounds very familiar, my particular department won't be using them again in a hurry.

Thank Post
    That's because they employ 16 year olds with no experience whatsoever to do their install work. Horrible company.

Thank Post
    I have to concur, their installation "children" will never be admitted to any of our buildings agains after the shambles they left behind

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread