+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bad Experiences Thread, Infineer gone bang? in Purchasing and Trading; ...

Thank Post
    I have heard that EMOS Information Systems have taken over the assets of INFINEER. Was talking to one INFINEER chap who said there have been a number of employees taken on by EMOS for support mostly. This could be a good move as I remember EMOS having quite a few engineers spread out across England which could only mean extra support. Hopefully it won’t be too hard to get things back up and running again for the people that are left with the job of getting things back on track.

Hope everything goes according to plan with the change. Sounds good.

Thank Post
    I have also heard from an ex-Infineer EMOS employee that Infineer's assets have been bought up by EMOS. Most Infineer customers will be getting a call in the next week or so offering them support contracts. Obviously EMOS won't be taking on Infineer's liabilities (i.e. existing support contracts) so you'd have to stump up again, but realistically it's that or go it alone - it depends how much you need them I suppose.

I'm still not sure where that will leave us on the software front. Presumably we are licensed to run the software on as many terminals as we had with Infineer, regardless of whether we replace an existing Infineer till with some other XP touchscreen device. We have the Flytech/MiniPOS tills with "POS Terminal" on a label below the screen - drivers available if anyone needs them!

If anyone is looking to sell any Flytech tills, let me know - their internal PSUs are very prone to failure and I've got a broken one sat next to me right now. I have the service manual, but they are a bit of a git to get into and I'm not sure the PSU will be easy to source.

Thank Post

Smile

Anyone needing information about the takeover off Infineer, check out the Infineer website.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi
    Just to say we just got contacted by Emos who purchased Infineer. He attached this message:
    -----------
    On 14th Aug 2009 Infineer closed its doors and ceased trading. The business was placed in administration with Moore Stephens (chartered accountants) Belfast.
    If you type infineer into a search engine your article with the damaging title appears in the front page.
    The residual assets including outstanding debts stocks and Intellectual property rights of Infineer were purchased by Emos Information Systems Ltd on Wednesday 16th Sept 2009.

Emos has been operating in the UK for 26 years and group turnover for the last year (31/3/2009) was £3.34m with an operating profit of £224k for the same period.

Emos employs 45 people including 6 field service engineers all based in mainland UK.

In Northern Ireland, Emos have employed key staff members of Infineer to enable the continued support and continuous development of Infineer products and services.

You will be able to contact us via the Helpdesk@infineer.com email address or the existing Infineer land line contact numbers.

If you wish to contact Emos Information Systems our registered address is as below

EMOS Information Systems Ltd
    The Lennox
    Lennox road
    Basingstoke
    Hampshire
    RG22 4AP
    Registered in England No. 1743307

Your co-operation would be much appreciated.

{removed}
    Sales and Marketing Admin
    Emos- Infineer

--------
    So it looks like they may be back.

EDIT: just realised this has been said.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    So it looks like they may be back.
    Back with a vengeance I would say. Can't fault them in fact.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12