+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, Alto Digital? in Purchasing and Trading; Has anyone heard of this company? I had a salesperson call in today and give some spiel regarding how they ...

Thank Post

Alto Digital?

Has anyone heard of this company? I had a salesperson call in today and give some spiel regarding how they can save us a load of cash on our printing and photocopying. They apparently have the contracts for a few councils and have offices in the US, too.

Just wondered if anyone here's had any dealings.

Thank Post
    Yes we had them in here about a year ago to quote for some photocopiers.

The sales guy was very rude and obnoxious.

The figures they gave us were not the best either. We decided to go with Toshiba in the end.

Thank Post
    Do you remember the name of the sales person perchance? The guy that came today was <name removed fro legal reasons-dos_box>, if that means anything.

I've been in touch with the procurement department of our council and they're getting in touch with other authorities who're said to have dealings with the company.
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 3rd August 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Thank Post
    we use them here but its not organised by us. All our machines are Ricoh and havent been the most reliable things.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Alto Digital and a multi tude of other ones are all Ricoh Dealer engineers / sales people or w/e you want to call them.

All comes under Ricoh though

Thank Post

Altodigital??

Oh I have heard of Alto Digital, the Salesman from Cardiff, mentioned in this thread came up to us bragging how he could save the school 1000s in our print and copy costs, we decided to have a look further into the cost side of things with them and they produced a PRINT AUDIT now this showed we was doing so many prints and copies per month which is fine, but when he then said that we get OGC prices we decided that after the meeting to speak with our local authority, now when I mentioned the sales persons name the Authority went mad and said in no way was we ever to go near ALTO DIGITAL and to stay well clear, when we asked why they said that the Manager of Cardiff ( who was also the salesperson ) was hiding many extra costs in to the lease, when we got his figures , without us giving our full costs may i add, i totalled up that they would not only have tied us in for 5 years but the over all cost would have been nearly 4 times our current cost, with all the added extras.

So please all send this page link to all schools in your borough and get them to know the name of Alto Digital {name removed for legal reasons - John}
    Last edited by john; 27th October 2009 at 12:30 PM.

Thank Post

Altodigital

Hi, my name is Dave Gibson, Managing Director for Altodigital UK Ltd. I felt it necessary to reply to the alleged allegations registered on this site. My concerns are that without any correspondence details to reply to we are unable to resolve any of these issues. In my opinion if I had a genuine complaint against a company or an individual who worked at the organisation concerned, I would go directly to the Managing Director of that business to resolve my problems. Clearly in this situation that has not happened and therefore we refute these allegations strongly and would wish to speak with any of the concerned parties directly. My correspondence details are as follows: dave.gibson@altodigital.com.

Altodigital is a recognised Buying Solutions Provider trading since 1975 throughout the UK. We currently deal with in excess of 1000 local authority organisations in total we have 7000 satisfied customers and are perceived as one of the UK's largest independent suppliers.

It's easy to make faceless allegations on a web site. I am taking this issue very strongly because I am responsible for over 300 staff and their families who rely on our reputation to carry on being successful in the arenas in which we trade in. Therefore if any of them are real problems please contact me directly and I will resolve them immediately.

Dave Gibson

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Right - those of you who had a problem with this company - please PM dgibson immediately.
    He is offering help, and even if those who have had dealings with the company do not want to pursue orders, I am sure that he would still like to know the issues so that he can sort them out.
    Problems cannot be solved if the person who can solve them isn't aware of the issues!

Thank Post
    We've just had alto digital in looking at where they can save us money on printing, and i can only say that the account manager was great, done the survey come back in this week and give me the various options availble and the best thing i like wasn't pushy about making a decision.

Thank Post
    We use Alto Digital and are really happy with them however, was not too impressed with the Sales guy who saw us.

Thank Post
    Yes they're some digital print outfit in Canary Wharf, but try Rival Colour they're nearby but more competitive, they've lauched a Print Management division who are super competitive and very reliable.. we've used them for the last 8-10 years.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread