+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, BT Oh My GOSH! in Purchasing and Trading; dunno if this is the right area but i just felt i had to complain as i was getting nowhere ...
    Thank Post

BT Oh My GOSH!

dunno if this is the right area but i just felt i had to complain as i was getting nowhere with BT support. lol i ordered new broadband two weeks ago over the phone with a guy, seemed alright got it all sorted, my phoneline was meant to be activated on friday the 12th december and my broadband on the 16th, so the 12th comes and my phone is active so i wait till the 16th and my broadband doesn't come on so i ring em up on wednesday and get transfered around for half an hour before i get put through to an english person who says, oh sorry sir we'll have it on in the next 24 hours for you, so i wait STILL!!! no broadband after 24 hours, so i ring em up again oh wait sorry sir there has been a problem with your line sir we will ring you within the next 24 hours so this is friday im expecting the call and i didnt get one so i rang em up again oh sorry sir the issue has been resolved were just waiting for your order to complete your broadband will definately be on tonight, well it wasnt :O what a surprise, so i ring em up this morning about 8 times and kept getting put on a loop in there automated crap phone system anyway i finally got through to somebody human and she was useless as hell, so i went can i speak to somebody who actually turns on the broadband, she confirmed that the order had gone through and said oh its tech support that activate it. so i ring tech support up oh sorry its orders that activate it, so i ring orders up and oh sorry its tech support that activate it, so she gave me a different number to the guys that are meant to do it. i ring it *beep beep* "sorry this line is open between 7:30am and 12 midnight" so i checked the time 14:36 LOL, so i rang orders back up, oh your not gonna get broadband till monday now. THANKS BT YOU'VE REALLY LOWERED MY BLOOD PRESSURE THESE LAST FEW DAYS YOU IDIOTS!

Thank Post
    Put down the phone and move away from BT.....
    We're with TalkTalk and other than initially setting our Circuit to 1MB instead of 8MB, we've had no issues at all..

Watch this.. we'll get loads of them now i've said that

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    It's all swings and roundabouts if you ask me. You could name almost any supplier and find someone who's had a really bad experience with them. Personally I've known a few people who've been burned by TalkTalk and I actually view them as one of the less reputable suppliers (though not nearly as bad as ntl/Virgin Media).

A few years ago they were particularly fond of "telephone slamming" where they switched people's phone service to them on the flimsiest of 'consents', and sometimes with no consent at all (see this article) I've heard of more recent instances of this from acquaintances and you only have to do a few online searches to find plenty more.

Thank Post
    lol its not only BT ive had problems with, i switched from virgin who just give me a twitch everytime i go to sleep at night.

:took your advice mate i cancelled BT after they messed me about more ill just go back to VM at least i was getting an internet connection there:
    Last edited by lbradley; 22nd December 2008 at 10:31 AM.

Thank Post
    Hows about this one?

I cancelled my 'Virgin' service in February 2007. They cut telephone, broadband and TV in April, but I kept getting a bill from them for a following 7 months...each with its own broadband, telephone and TV. The TV one had 14-16 PPV movies added on each month, so by the 7 months up, we owed £1200 (according to them).

Needless to say, I just ignored all the letters and allowed them to take me to court...where I produced my cutoff confirmation papers.

Egg on their faces. Oh yes, indeed.

Thank Post
    I find that BT are too big for their own good, almost every call I've made to them has gone through at least 2-3 departments before getting to someone that can actually help, I often end up going back to the original department and get an entirely different response from another call handler.

When I called to request a MAC code for one of our sites I was passed around form pillar to post and was finally told that the line was tagged as "local government" and to get it sorted out I'd have to call an account manager directly. We're an independent school so have nothing what so ever to do with local government.

When I finally got through to the account manager he didn't have a clue why I'd been told to call him and told me that he'd arrange for someone to call me and sort out the MAC.. typically when they did call they spent 10 mins trying to get me to upgrade and enter a 24month contract - I finally managed to get the MAC and now only have 1 more line to move over

Thank Post
    In the 4 years i've been with virgin media i've never had a problem... BT Sales and Support on the other hand are a joke
    Last edited by Messa; 3rd April 2009 at 11:58 AM.

Thank Post
    I been with Vigin media for 3years. no such problem. Now they offet 10 mb broad band + unlimited evning and weekend calls for Just £14. first 3moths just £5. go and grab it.

Thank Post
    I've been with NTL/Virgin Media for the past 10 years and to be honest haven't really had a problem. A Few bits and bobs when I've been in a frustrated mood more then anything.

It all seems to boil down to the switching over, you'd expect better customer service if that is the case!

Thank Post
    Is this a simultaneous provision of phone line and ADSL? Sounds like it... TBH I've always had problems with these. What I tend to do now is order the phone line and wait for it to be activated. Once the telephone number is available on BTWholesale's ADSL checker then I will go and order the ADSL portion (not from BT mind). It' s alright if you dont mind waiting a few extra days for the whole thing but at least you know it's going to work at the end of it, and you aren't going to have to endure days on the blower to Minjeeta Patel in Bangalore only to be fobbed off!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread