+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Bad Experiences Thread, Scan.co.uk - Don't order !!! in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by mattx I am being currently conned by scan.co.uk I bought a DVD player from them which was ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I am being currently conned by scan.co.uk
    I bought a DVD player from them which was faulty - it did not play a single 8 gig dual layer disc I have burnt - [ The older model [ same make ] plays them without a problem - they are now CHARGING ME 25 re-stocking and a no fault found fee !!

This is clearly a complete con by them not to refund a full amout - good thing I got it on my credit card as I shall be contacting them shortly [ after I have asked Scan.co.uk to refund the full amount first or have to deal with my credit card company ]
    Its amazing what these retailers will try and do to squeeze money out of you.

So my advice - don't order goods from Scan.co.uk because if they are faulty they will try and rip you off even more.
    Same here when I ordered my icy dock for my mac pro which was advertised on there site as compatible which clearly wasnt and because it was after 28 days they would not refund me and they also advised me that if they tested it and it worked I would also get charged so just left it - only advise I was given was to sell it on ebay ( and that was not by scan, this was by EG and other people )

I still have said icy dock.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    They do themselves no favors when they treat customers like this. They may as well merge with the likes of Comet and PC World. Two other shoddy outfits not fit for purpose.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Bit more money but have been a memoryc or aria customer, not had any support issues yet but they have always been fairly prompt and helpful

Ordered my SSD from memoryc.com ( 5 years warranty on it )
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 9th September 2011 at 06:53 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I am being currently conned by scan.co.uk
    I bought a DVD player from them which was faulty - it did not play a single 8 gig dual layer disc I have burnt - [ The older model [ same make ] plays them without a problem - they are now CHARGING ME 25 re-stocking and a no fault found fee !!

This is clearly a complete con by them not to refund a full amout - good thing I got it on my credit card as I shall be contacting them shortly [ after I have asked Scan.co.uk to refund the full amount first or have to deal with my credit card company ]
    Its amazing what these retailers will try and do to squeeze money out of you.

So my advice - don't order goods from Scan.co.uk because if they are faulty they will try and rip you off even more.
    A few years ago I had a hard drive from them that developed a fault within a year (it was going clunk clunk clunk and not booting) So I arranged a return and paid the restocking fee. They had it for more than a month when I chased them on what was happening I was told fault not found. I asked for my drive to be returned to me (at my cost) and found it was still doing the clunk clunk clunk not booting thing. I complained and said that I did not believe it had been looked at and was told me they could re-examine it but I would have to pay another restocking fee. I cut my losses and have not used them since. Which is a shame because in every other factor they were superb.
    Last edited by JJonas; 9th September 2011 at 09:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    when I ordered my Icy Dock for my Mac Pro which was advertised on their site as compatible which clearly wasn't
    To be fair, Scan are only repeating what IcyDock state on their website. Resellers do not have time to verify claims made by the manufacturer for every single product they sell.

Thank Post
    Restock fees are just stupid. I used to work at a different reseller that charged 20 or 20%, whichever was greater! It used to anger soooo many clients but no matter what i said, they were having none of it as it was a MASSIVE company so what the big boss said went.

PANTS!

Cheers

Thank Post
    I got burned by scan along time ago - mid 1990's when they were first starting out.

Non deliveries / wrong parts sent. Ended up paying them a visit to get it sorted.

Since then I have refused to use them for personal or business purchases. Which means they've lost out on the opportunity of hundreds of thousands of pounds of potential business.

Surprised they are still going to be honest, I've seen many more better suppliers go to the wall.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123