+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, Toshba laptop 3 year computer cover insurance XMA in Purchasing and Trading; Just a heads up as a number of you may have these insurance policies on Toshiba laptops the insurance and ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Toshba laptop 3 year computer cover insurance XMA

Just a heads up as a number of you may have these insurance policies on Toshiba laptops the insurance and repairs is held with a company called XMA. We had one with a cracked screen. It possibly arrived damaged but with the usual background noise that goes on in a school the laptops were put into secure storage for a few weeks until we had time to set them up. OK mistake number 1 as I had not reported the damage within 7 days the delivery guys were off the hook, so I pursued the insurance route. I filled in the form to the best of my knowlege I said that I was unaware of how the screen was damaged. Under the T+C's I had to specify HOW it was damaged on the report. So we have ended up paying for it to be repaired (not through XMA I might add.). Maybe me being too honest in retrospect I should have just said that I dropped it or closed the lid with a pen in it and the work would have been done no questions. So consider this when putting in a claim!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    This doesn't sound right to me at all. Unless they can prove it was dilberate, they must repair the damage under warranty.

Under UK law, all electrical goods must come with at least a one year warranty.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread