Site Maintenance this evening The site will be offline for hosting changes. Time TBC

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, I can no longer recommend AG Neovo in Purchasing and Trading; I have used hard-glass AG Neovo monitors for 5 years and rarely had a problem. Lately I have had a ...

Thank Post

Angry I can no longer recommend AG Neovo

I have used hard-glass AG Neovo monitors for 5 years and rarely had a problem. Lately I have had a few fail and came to report one as faulty to be told I MUST have a proof of purchase. This is never usually a problem because they have either failed in the first year or I have been able to get a copy of the invoice off the reseller.

My problem on this occasion was that the invoice has been archived (a common practice in education and time consuming to 'un-archive') and the supplier has gone bust. No problem thought I, they will have my details on record as being a customer and on this unique occasion they will be able to make an exception. How foolish was I to think that?

After 3 weeks of conversations, I have now been told that it is tough and I will have to provide a proof of purchase if I want the monitor replacing!

I have now found an alternative monitor which guarantees better customer service for less money - a review will come soon. I will not be going back to AG Neovo unless they rethink their attitude towards the education market.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,443 Posts
    I love the fact that the google ad currently displayed is for AG Neovo Hard Glass tft's

I can see your point Ric but I don't think it is that unjustified of the manafacturer to request the proof of purchase it's bad luck that supplier went bust.

I keep toying with the idea of scanning in all delivery notes/invoices and attaching them to the equipment in GLPI that way I can just print off a copy if needed but haven't got round to it yet.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    I love the fact that the google ad currently displayed is for AG Neovo Hard Glass tft's
    It does that on all threads, google takes the keywords from the title

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts
    Had the same problem a few years back with Relisys crts and they wanted all manner of checks done before they would even entertain us.
    When it was time to upgrade to tfts i did so quickly but it will be the same problem again as these large manufacturers feel the credit crunch and let the little companies go to the wall.
    Cashflow has become a major player in even the large corporations as lending becomes even tighter.
    I have heard through the Grapevine that all major projector manufacturers have left this country with a massive shortfall of projectors and no one has any in stock at the moment.
    All those who are waiting for IWB installs will probably be waiting for a while because of this fact.

P.S. Ric: we have about 200 Neovo hard glass tfts at the mo and will be taking in another 150 through the summer hols.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Samsung & CTX also require this now, I scan all invoices / Dispatch Notes into PDFs on my Toshiba Copier and keep them stored in a folder on the network, not as smart as being in GLIPI but its a start at least!

Thank Post
    My main problem is the poor level of communication received - the tech support line basically just said "no!" and there is only 1 other person in the UK it seems. IMHO there is no need for poor customer service and such inflexibility - I'm not surprised that they now have a better turn around time (something that the customer service manager was pleased to tell me before saying "no!") when their customers are finding it increasingly difficult to claim under their warranties.

They have on record that I am a customer who has returned monitors in the past for repair - I clearly haven't just nicked a load! The cost in man-time to find this particular document in storage would be similar to that of a new monitor. I merely wanted them to waive the requirement of providing the proof of purchase for this particular monitor because of the exceptional circumstances. If our archived financial documents had burnt up in a fire would that mean that none of the 150+ AG Neovo monitors I have would be under warranty any more?

As I have said, it has taught me a lesson and I have now sourced an alternative monitor from O10 which has a better warranty level, IMHO, and they happen to be cheaper (in fact 19" widescreens are cheaper than the AG Neovo 17"). I have 40 arriving on Monday and a review should be available later in the week.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    I have now sourced an alternative monitor from O10
    Is this the monitor brand or the supplier? Just never heard of them thats all

Thank Post
    Dan, Could they the Edge10 ones you supplied to me?
    This reminds me, I got an AG Neovo hard glass to warrenty repair at some point. :S

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Duly noted Ric.

Thank Post
    Thats what I was thinking, Edge 10, just wanted to double check!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elky View Post
    Thats what I was thinking, Edge 10, just wanted to double check!
    I believe that they are new to the UK market (possibly why they are making sure that their customer service is bob on). O10 is the monitor manufacturer, I'm buying them from Westwood Associates (ring Nathan on 01753 881818 for the full details if you like).

Thank Post
    I have just been contacted by AG Neovo to say that my faulty monitor is to be swapped out tomorrow. No proof of purchase needed and no further action had been taken by myself... the nice lady even apologised that it couldn't be done today!

I am sceptical of whether this would have happened had I not sent Howard the nicely worded email explaining about me withdrawing my recommendation of AG Neovo monitors on EduGeek.

Thank Post
    Perhaps goes to show the power of the forum, let us down we will make sure others know and we do trust each others recomendations

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Perhaps goes to show the power of the forum, let us down we will make sure others know and we do trust each others recomendations
    We shouldn't have to stoop to such levels in order to get a SATISFACTORY level of customer service though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    We shouldn't have to stoop to such levels in order to get a SATISFACTORY level of customer service though.
    No, very true

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast