+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bad Experiences Thread, I can no longer recommend AG Neovo in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by Ric_ We shouldn't have to stoop to such levels in order to get a SATISFACTORY level of ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    We shouldn't have to stoop to such levels in order to get a SATISFACTORY level of customer service though.
    True enough but you are teaching them a very important lesson about customer service.

I think it's something along the lines of:

Do a good job and one in ten customers will recommend you to someone else...

Do a bad job and every one of your customers will tell ten of their friends to avoid you like the plague
    Sounds like they got a reminder in very real terms...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We saw the videos of Edge10 monitors on their website; and while they look good - we got the impression that the stands/bases aren't sturdy enough to survive in an education environment. The monitor was wobbling all over the place at the lightest touch. The Neovos are a lot more sturdy and we will continue to purchase them.

Thank Post
    And the saga continues... after my last problem got magically sorted I've since had to return a load more of these things.

Since 13/10/08 I have been waiting for one monitor to be swapped and since 11/11/08 I have been waiting for another to be swapped.

You can only be told that they "have no stock" for so long before you want to throttle them.

The service levels really have been going downhill lately.

Thank Post
    We have used AG Neovo for a good four/five years up until recently and never had a problem with them. Always purchased glass fronted TFT's for the obvious reasons.

Just started using Edge10, the build quality isn't as good as Neovo but they will support us on-site for faults (which is nice) and the 22" widescreen models look amazing in the learning centres!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    We have used AG Neovo for a good four/five years up until recently and never had a problem with them. Always purchased glass fronted TFT's for the obvious reasons.

Just started using Edge10, the build quality isn't as good as Neovo but they will support us on-site for faults (which is nice) and the 22" widescreen models look amazing in the learning centres!
    It only seems to be within the last year that their support has gone REALLY rubbish.

I too have switched to Edge10. The stands are bit flimsy but they are adequate and the price difference means that if one breaks, we are still making a saving!

I have also had written confirmation that Edge10 provide a next business day on-site swap out. None of the 'out of stock' nonsense!

Thank Post
    Funny you should say that Ric, we had a batch over the summer that had more than a few dodgy stands, 34 to be exact that all leaned to the left!

We kicked off a big fuss with them and they were happy enough to send someone out the following week to do a swap out of all the bad stands!

I felt sorry for the engineer they sent out because we had Kensington locked all the monitors to the tables which made his job fairly difficult oops!

Thank Post
    Well I wrote to the service manager last week and still haven't had a reply.

We did our weekly chase on the monitors and they are apparantly coming in on Tuesday so we'll have ours swapped on Thursday. We'll see, eh?

Thank Post
    Another area is where the warranty agents are not familiar with the manufacturers terms. Classic today - even if security marked, GNR monitors are covered by a collect and return warranty as opposed to a direct swap out - fair enough the unit has been 'disfigured' . However the warranty company were refusing to collect the TFT saying it would have to be returned by the owners at their cost and would not budge from that stance. So the school contacts us, we contact the warranty company, same answer - brick wall time . Do not stop there though, take it a step further. I contacted the manufacturer and discussed the details and hats off to GNR they confirmed collect and return and immediately contacted the support company for a little chat (GNR were not impressed as it gives them a bad name). 15 minutes later email form the warranty agents confirming collection - but cheeky claimed this was a one off. Sent a smug email correcting them. So it is not always the manufacturer but the warranty agencies (probably trying to save a bob or two) that can give a bad name to the product. Speak to your supplier or the manufacturers UK/Europe branch - especially if you have a GNR monitor!

Thank Post
    I this probably is not the right place to leave this comment, but these hard glassed neovo monitors are a real pain to clean !! satans own monitor !!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12