+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, SCC exchange - lying barstewards in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post

SCC exchange - lying barstewards

Had a milshot from these cowboys, don't normally waste time looking but the front page caught my attention with what is clearly portrayed as an HP thin client with integrated TFT monitor for £149. Went on their website and typed in the "deal code" only for it to come back at just the monitor (which was now at £152) Thin client was an extra 200 odd quid. Lyin t*ssers

Thank Post
    I got that mailshot... it does say that the pricde is for the monitor.

I have only recently used them for the first time... I was more than satisfied with the service - 2 Sun servers for the price of one!

Thank Post
    We bought a load of smartboards from them around 2 years ago and organised for SCC to fit them. The installation of those completed on time where reasonable and they cleaned up after themselves (which we expect, but rarely get). However, when there were around 2 or 3 left to do (another 1 day work at most), they just wouldn't show, regardless of how many phone calls etc. Now, I seldom say anything negative about any company (no matter what bad experiences we've dealt with), but the customer service was appauling and they didn't really seem to care. They kept lying to us, promising someone would be there the next day or in a few days, which of course never happened.

Eventually though (I don't know how - it wasn't down to me), they came back to finish the job, albeit to a lesser quality than the other installations and during term time (after the holiday period when they were meant to be installed).

Needless to say, we haven't put this kind of business their way again, with the exception of some printers at good prices which arrived the next day, thankfully.

Thank Post
    @DaveSmith: I'm not being paid by SCC (honest!)... You do hjave to be careful though that they haven't been let down by their sub-contractor - if they ended up binning the original one it would explain the difference in installation quality.

Thank Post
    I'm aware of sub-contracting, however it was the same team of installers who came back the second time round (one would naturally assume it is the same company or team at least). The quality of the installation wasn't particularly our concern (the 2nd time round it was satisfactory, but our observations was that is was rushed somewhat, and noticeable). Our main complaint was simply that we weren't informed at all about the unacceptable delay (this went on for 3-4 weeks), and our attempts at communication, as I explained before, where in vain.

I dislike posting negative comments about companies, and we have bought several items from SCC before and since this occurance without a problem, but this was our only experience with their customer service, and it simply wasn't good enough. This was 2 years ago mind, so things may well have changed (whether that be customer service or the contractors)!

Thank Post
    The fact that they subcontract is no excuse - as far as im concerned we're paying one person/company for work. To use the old "oh, it's a problem with the subcontractor" excuse is so lame, doesnt wash and frankly, not my problem.
    Last edited by Oops_my_bad; 4th April 2008 at 02:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    I got that mailshot... it does say that the pricde is for the monitor.
    Where abouts? I've got it right in front of me now and cannot see ANYWHERE where it states that is for the monitor only - I guess if it is tucked in anywhere then it's intentionally misleading!
    Last edited by Oops_my_bad; 4th April 2008 at 02:48 PM.

Thank Post

SCC - Happy Customer

Never had any installs just bought kit off them. Kit has been well priced and well built but delivery has occassionaly slipped. Some good offers if you look at their flyers carefully. Just bought a bunch of HP servers at £90 each and more than happy with them - just be aware your delivery dates my slip.

Thank Post

scc

i have bought from these people and had no hassles at all , usually baseline hp kit @ very good prices , can't fault them myself so far

Thank Post
    We use them here occasionally.. Just last week we bought 19 HP DC7800 for £336 ea, our other suppliers all wanted to charge £400+. Great bargain..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post
    We use them here occasionally.. Just last week we bought 19 HP DC7800 for £336 ea, our other suppliers all wanted to charge £400+. Great bargain..
    curious what spec are the DC7800's ?

Thank Post
    Hi Simon,

The specs were DC7800 USDT E8400 C2D 2G 160GB - Part Number KK247ET#ABU

This was not a special build part number, We've bought these in the past from other suppliers at a higher price. Our normal suppliers who quote for us, were about £70 more per unit.

Michael

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread