+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, The IT Support Centre - Have they ceased trading? in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by FN-GM My apologies i thought you was part of there company. Sorry No problem, perhaps we could ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    My apologies i thought you was part of there company.

Sorry
    No problem, perhaps we could help with any future quotes?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,921 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Restocking fees are illegal.
    Depends on how the items were purchased, how long they've been held by the customer and whether they have been opened.

ie. If an item is ordered by fax/phone/email/web, is unopened and has been with the customer less than 28 days, then a charge would be illegal. If it doesn't tick all those boxes, a charge is fine - as the company can simply refuse to take items back.

Thank Post

Thumbs down Mikesoft/IT Support Centre No more

As of Mid-August Mikesoft were merged with a company call Millenium Business Systems down in Bracknell, and started trading under that name.

It seems that their relationship with promethean has gone very sour. It appears that they are financially very shaky and at present are struggling to source products for client orders, hence the agreed merger. I know this to be so, as we have just taken delivery of our final shipment of product which we eventually had to strong arm from them - STAY CLEAR OF A SINKING SHIP

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by covgeek View Post
    As of Mid-August Mikesoft were merged with a company call Millenium Business Systems down in Bracknell, and started trading under that name.

It seems that their relationship with promethean has gone very sour. It appears that they are financially very shaky and at present are struggling to source products for client orders, hence the agreed merger. I know this to be so, as we have just taken delivery of our final shipment of product which we eventually had to strong arm from them - STAY CLEAR OF A SINKING SHIP
    The place I know of has had no problem with their recent order of 142 workstations + monitors and servers. With this in mind, and from our past experience, we wouldn't hesitate using them again.

There seems to be a lot of malicious rumours being passed around about Millennium Business/IT Support Centre/Mikesoft lately. Sour competitors I wonder?

Thank Post
    I wouldn’t go anywhere near this company.
    I placed a big order with them recently, then three weeks before delivery was due they started to mess around with dates and play the “everyone’s in a meeting” game; it all started to feel a bit fishy so I pulled the plug on the order.

I’m very glad I did, there are too many good companies out there to waste with “the IT support centre”

About a week after I cancelled I got the email from them about their name change.

Annoying junk emails, annoying junk telephone calls, bad customer service and ultimately unable to supply. In a nut shell - amateurish and useless.

Thank Post
    I knew them when they were called TGM Resource (originally a shop), they kinda took over Mikesoft (a local IT outfit at the time), used The IT Support Centre name for trading purposes. Ran out of money (selling cheap is good, but you have to make a profit), shut down, opened up next day as The IT Support Centre. Had no dealings with them since.

Noticed the website has gone. Are they still in Burntwood? Like most places like this, the guys on the shop floor, in vans/cars are usually sound, they did have to odd rogue engineer/sales person (all firms do!!!). It usually comes down to the people at the top being muppets (had to think about word).

Where are they based now? how do you contact them? Who runs the place?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    ...Where are they based now? how do you contact them? Who runs the place?

This is the PDF they emailed to me explaining their current trading “style”.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    There website seems to be dead, no trace, never a good sign!!!

Thank Post
    We have been using them for the last five years or so and they have been very good, although i must admit they have been a bit quiet lately and after reading a few of your posts yesterday i was beginning to wonder myself if things were taking a turn for the worse.

Arrived this morning and i have a flyer from them this using there new name so hopefully all is not lost.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post

IT Support Centre - Defunct

We have failed speaker installs and since June I have been trying to get these sorted. They changed my accont maanger and wouldn't let me speak to my original one! Numerous phone calls and emails failed to resolve issue so all correspondance has been passed to my LEA.

Got email from them regarding changing their name to Millenium Business Systems.

Then got email form Elemtech stating they had got my name from a liquidated company - ICT Support Centre. (side note - Interesting to see Elemtech got themselves banned from this site)

Issues not resolved and they no longer reply to email.

Wouldn't touch with a barge pole and wonder if they had loans with Northern Rock and Bradford and Bingley.

Thank Post
    Millennium have absorbed mikesoft and have taken over the former companies order book and sales contacts. A number of the staff have been made redundant, and Millennium are shovelling kit out as quick as they can. However the offices are still open, but a source tells me they have no forward orders and Millenium will be overseeing the last of their installs. The MD at Millennium will be looking at the business at Xmas and deciding whether their is any mileage left (in other words after it is stripped of orders and sales contacts).

If you have a problem with a speaker install you need to speak to their operations director PM me and I will let you have details of some of the directors if it will help.

Thank Post

Speaker Issues

Out of the blue an engineer turned up to look at these today. Fault has been confirmed and hopefully another engineer will be coming out to rectify the problem. WIth a bit of luck this will now get resolved as it has been ongoing for over two months but at least it now looks like we are moving forward.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I see they have joined the forum today so you can always ask them

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/member...thersmith.html

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @YorkshireTechie:

We have been using them for approx 5 years and their service has been exemplary I have not had any IWB installs from them but now deal with Millenium Business and get just as good a service as ever if not better.

Obviously some people have had their fingers burnt but as to why it is beyond me.

Thank Post
    Info from Companies House

Name & Registered Office:
    THE I.T. SUPPORT CENTRE LIMITED
    Company No. 05380752

Number of Cases: 1
    To obtain details of the practitioner click on the appropriate case type description.
    Case Number: 1 (of 1 cases)
    Case Type: IN ADMINISTRATION
    Admin. Start Date: 08/08/20

Name & Registered Office:
    MIKESOFT COMPUTERS LIMITED
    Company No. 04697007

Number of Cases: 1
    To obtain details of the practitioner click on the appropriate case type description.
    Case Number: 1 (of 1 cases)
    Case Type: VOL. LIQUIDATION CREDITORS
    Wind Up Date: 07/10/2008
    Appoint Practitioner: 07/10/2008

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast