+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, IJT - Ink Jets & Toners - makingitgreen.co.uk ARGHHH in Purchasing and Trading; And me then another a little while later exactly the same but with my name inserted we use a print ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And me then another a little while later exactly the same but with my name inserted we use a print managed service now so it wouldn't good them any good.

Wes

Thank Post
    So its -

Bentham Ltd
    LJT Direct
    IJT Biz
    Inkjets and Toners
    morgancomputers
    makingitgreen.co.uk
    makeitgreen.co.uk
    makingitgreeneducation.co.uk
    makingitgreen.co.uk
    Morgan-auction.co.uk
    Morgan-auctions.co.uk
    Morgan-computer.biz
    Last edited by CHR1S; 24th September 2010 at 12:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
    Blog Entries
    IJT Biz aswell (not the domain, but that is also 1 of their trading names)

Thank Post
    Apparently there are 19 domains registered in total but I have to pay to see them all lol

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I probably have about 10 of those on my filter list which is probably how they are getting through

Thank Post
    Hi guys / lasses

I know this is an old thread however I read this thread with interest as we buy 95% of our toner cartridges from IJT and to date I've been entirely happy with the service and support we receive. We are I guess an average secondary school with around 1100 students and centrally manage the purchase of toner cartridges therefore we are able to achieve economies of scale. Mostly due to me discouraging colour printing via the use of printing credits (Papercut - excellent software) we mostly purchase mono cartridges, having said that I have noticed a higher failure rate with their colour cartridges. However, whenever we have experienced an issue with a cartridge a simple phone call or email to our account manager has always resolved the issue to my satisfaction with the minimum of effort on my part with a new cartridge always being despatched with no quibble!

Certainly we achieve much better pricing than is listed in any of their brochures therefore you may find it useful to contact an account manager directly and have a conversation even if it's only to get a competitive quote to bring another suppliers price down. I can get very stroppy with unsolicited sales calls and junk email (ask the guys that work with me), like yourselves there's sometimes not enough time in the day to scratch your backside, I do find I get the occasional junk email from IJT which simply goes straight to my junk email therefore i don't really see it as a problem!

Periodically I check pricing against other competitors and always find them to be competitive, on the rare occasion I do find a more competitive price they will always price match or better. Our account manager is Jonny Sinclair and have always found him to be amiable, quick and efficient minimising the time spent on a pretty mundane task!

Just my thoughts

Richard
    Last edited by RChilcott; 12th October 2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Error

Thank Post
    Hahaha how much did they pay you for that?
    Matt

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meastaugh1 View Post
    I finally gave in after their sales staff kept hassling to try a refilled toner. I had always been cautious of this, as I rarely had any problems with HP toner (apart from the price, obviously). I bought 4 toners for an HP 5550. When I came to fit a black toner, the tab wouldn't pull out, so I couldn't use it. They claimed they'd send a replacement out next day, but it was more like a week.

Then I recently replaced all the colour toners, two went in OK, but one leaked everywhere, I was covered in cyan toner.

I've learned my lesson, I'll stick to the HP toners.

yep cyan toner always fails on the hp refills, not just the IJT ones
    IJT are very agressive sales wise but they can save you some money.

to stop the emails just email your account manager with the following
    if i am not taken off your mailing list blah blah blah

due to the high volume of emails that we receive from your company i will now be adding your companys domain details into our spam filter.

i found it quite funny that i got one more email that said i have now taken you off our mailing list.....
    do you need any toner?

i found it funny at the time

The recycled hp toners dont touch with a barge pole supply memory errors, exploding cartridges, and the best one is on hp 3550 if you print a page with a high volume of cyan the printer wraps the paper round the fuser,yet another call out.

false enconomy recycled toners cause more work for the techs

Thank Post
    Had a few issues with some compatable toners a while ago but we have now found a supplier who gets us Remanufactured toners and so far we have never had an issue at all. Refills are just utter crap the ones we use have new parts fitted so the only 2nd hand part if you will is the plastic case

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Whilst IJT have been absolutely shocking on their toners, they have done us some good deals in the past with camera's and USB sticks. Thats about all the good they have done tbh, and since switching to a managed system for our printers, I am glad I dont deal with them for ink any more!

Thank Post
    I really do hate to ask like this but I am currently having my worst week ever!!

Is there anything you need to order that I can help with? I have lots of freebies (vouchers, 4 GB pen drives, dvd players) on offer with your toner & inks and I promise to be extra generous if you can help me out.

Is there ANYTHING we can do?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Way to win my custom...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    I promise to be extra generous if you can help me out. Is there ANYTHING we can do?
    Well... I need the car cleaning, the grass cutting, and I required 3 blonde Swedish women of ill-reput to assist me in the master lounge...

Thank Post
    IJT are the people that give you a free Dell 1320 printer when you buy 2 sets of way overpriced toners.
    Inkjets & Toners(Inkjets & Toners - great prices for inkjet and laser toner cartridges for Canon, Epson, GCC, HP, Lexmark etc Printers) charge £150 per set EXCLUDING VAT, buy 2 sets and get the printer free
    Morgan computers (another sub brand)charge £60 per set inc vat
    on their other website ijtdirect they charge roughly £48 per set including vat
    on their Ebay site they charge only £17.99 + £5.95 delivery including VAT for a complete set

BenthamLtd items - Get great deals on BROTHER TN3030 BLACK TONER CARTRIDGE FOR LASER HL 5170 items on eBay Stores!

When i asked the capacity of the toners they reckoned they were 2,000 copies which are the high caps but i was only getting about 800 prints. Their morgan site mentions that the toners are only 1,000 copies. As they tend to use the same order codes on most of their website i tend to believe they are only the low caps.

Thank Post
    From their Ebay shop - HP 1320 - £10.85p + Free p&p - why then do I pay from their website - Great value toner cartridges for HP Laserjet 1320 at IJT Direct Ltd - £16.96p plus £6 delivery charge?
    Even worse is their HP 2420 hi-cap toner - £21.96p + Free p&p from Ebay shop - Normal website - £50.95p plus £6 delivery!

Well I don't anymore.

Thank Post
    I know in general these posts are old but it appeared high on my search for IJT and I felt given so much negativity I should should my experiences.

I have only been using IJT about a year but have had no problem at all in regards to hassle about orders etc (but maybe this is because I am quite frequently using them), however still the only e-mails i get from them are to occasionally check if everything is all right or if they have any particular specials they think i would be interested in.

In regards to the quality of the toners I can't say I haven't had any problems with the refills as I have but no more than i have with any other recycled toners.
    Furthermore any time I have had any problems they have replaced the toners without question. On one occasion I had a slightly more serious toner leak, they offered to repair or replace the printer but I fixed it myself, because I fixed it myself they sent me through a box of complimentary toners for it.

I am very happy with the service and prices they give us, although am very intrigued by the cheap prices through e-bay!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast