+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, IJT - Ink Jets & Toners - makingitgreen.co.uk ARGHHH in Purchasing and Trading; I've just got off the phone from them - for the last time. The last two orders they promised next ...
    Thank Post
    I've just got off the phone from them - for the last time.

The last two orders they promised next day delivery, only for it to take several weeks.

This time was the worst. Phoned chasing delivery after two weeks. Got though to someone who just slagged off the sister company ijt.biz and told me to deal with him in future. I asked about the delivery and he said he couldn't help. Fantastic.

Tried another phone number, got through to someone who had no record of my order. They put me through to someone who did have the order. He apologised for the non-delivery and said they'll send me bigger flash drives at same price today.

It's a nice gesture, but it's not enough to make me go back. Never again, no matter how cheap.

IJT

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OverWorked View Post

The last two orders they promised next day delivery, only for it to take several weeks.

This time was the worst. Phoned chasing delivery after two weeks. Got though to someone who just slagged off the sister company ijt.biz and told me to deal with him in future. I asked about the delivery and he said he couldn't help. Fantastic.

Tried another phone number, got through to someone who had no record of my order. They put me through to someone who did have the order. He apologised for the non-delivery and said they'll send me bigger flash drives at same price today.

It's a nice gesture, but it's not enough to make me go back. Never again, no matter how cheap.
    Lee,

I am sorry you felt the need to post this.

It was a simple human error where the original salesperson you spoke to (on the 14/09/09) forgot to actually/physically confirm the order after speaking to you and left it as quote

We process more than 2000 orders a day so can only apologise for the error.

We sold you 4gb for the price of 2gb as a way of apologising.

I do apologise once more. It is not the service we would expect you to recieve.

Tom

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverWorked View Post

Next time your looking for Ink Lee be sure to give us a shout we wont let you down and there are plenty of edugeek members that will tell you the same fella

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IJT View Post
    Lee,

We process more than 2000 orders a day so can only apologise for the error.
    Thats not really an excuse now is it Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by IJT View Post
    I do apologise once more. It is not the service we would expect you to recieve.
    I think you can tell from this thread that it is infact just the service people are expecting to recieve even after the 2 years since the original post.

Matt

Thank Post

Unhappy The pain of IJT Ink Cartridges

Re IJT, I started getting my inkjet cartridges from them in about 2002 and they were excellent. What a pity that nothing in this world lasts. In 2009 I purchased 2 black and 2 colour for me and my girlfriend’s printers. Within weeks the colour ones had failed and I complained to IJT. I was told they are guaranteed, given a returns number and I sent them back. At that point very impressed, but less impressed when one black replacement turned up. Of no use (at the moment) as it was the two colour ones that were “dead”. I emailed them, no reaction what so ever. If any one knows of a good replacement source to replace IJT I would be grateful?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Simon at CP does good compatibles, and they are guarantee'd, however PM him for more info.

Thank Post
    Did you reply to my request for a quote Simon?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Did you reply to my request for a quote Simon?
    will be with you in 10 bud

Thank Post
    I would be happy to quote on any compats or originals

Thank Post

Angry Avoid: IJT / makingitgreen.co.uk

I find it very telling that this rant has been rumbling on for two and a half years.

I'd like to share with you the most unbelievable e-mail conversation I have had with one of their employees recently in which I was trying to stop the phone calls and e-mails.

Me:
    [ ... ]
    In the mean time, I'd prefer it if you didn't pursue us with phone calls and e-mails. You are our preferred supplier and we will let you know - promise!
    Him:
    I understand you had a conversation with one of my colleagues reference some toners that you might be in the market for on a deal. I'm emailing you because I was aware that we didn't hear back from you. Were you still interested in doing some toners for you? Its been a little while since your last order with us.
    Me:
    You did hear back from me. I e-mailed you on 18th May asking you to stop nagging us. Then your colleague (name) e-mailed me again yesterday. The advice on the street (forums) is to steer clear of your company because you keep pestering people. It is precisely this attitude that will lose you business. There are plenty of other suppliers out there and, as network manager, it would be trivial job for me to block any e-mail from your domain from reaching anybody at our school. We WILL contact you if and when we need something. In the mean time, stop nagging. We are busy people.
    Him:
    With all due respect I've been away when other people were "pestering" you and therefore I am the first to know about this. As I am the person who looks after your account and when I am here, I like to know when my customers are being contacted and if they require my services. I like to call this good customer service rather than pestering. I've personally left you alone for months deliberately as I know you call us when you need, however I cannot be held responsible for others contacting you when I am not here. My job is to look after people with there toner supplies, and that's merely what I am doing.
    Me:
    I find your response quite staggering. Are you really telling me that it's my fault that you and your staff have failed to communicate with each other? You may not be personally responsible for the mistake but professionally, as a representative of your company, you are. Thank you for your repeated concern over our toner levels but in future we will look to source our supplies from elsewhere.
    Him:
    I find your response quite outstanding that you think contacting you is actually a mistake. I think personally you've taken a couple of phone calls to contact you to heart way too much, especially when a phone call takes no more than 2 minutes of your time when you have 420 of them in one day. If you decide not to deal with us then I consider that a shame, but take notice that every inkjet company out there will do exactly the same as this one. You are going to rather frustrated with a lot of people.
    Ugh! What a revolting specimen. I know how many minutes there are in a day - not enough! Brushing aside the blatant disregard for grammar (I'm a teacher - I had to fight the urge to get one of my pupils to mark it and send it back), am I really being so unreasonable?
    Last edited by will_; 10th June 2010 at 08:31 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    wow thats just epic! Who was your account manager?? I stopped using them, and told them I am going to Saudi Arabia for a job! lol. Then put ALL domain names I had for them on the filter, and call barred them.

Thank Post
    You are not being unreasonable and I would feel the same but I do wonder what pressure these sales guys are under to get results. I remember years ago seeing a programme about Barratts Homes. The Chairman used to use their helicopter to descend unannounced on new developments to check sales. On one, after looking at the books, he said the sales were good but they were not selling enough mortgages. He pointed to one sale and asked why they hadn't got the mortgage as well. When the sales guy explained the the buyers worked for a bank and got cheap rates, the boss replied that was no excuse and either sell them the mortgage or find another job. I suspect that the IJT sales people might have similar incentives!

I believe the guy who was MD of the company owning IJT, a Mr Moxon, was barred from being a company director but his wife Diane took control of the company. This was a while back and I've no idea if Mr Moxon is still in the picture, I keep well clear of them and I'd hate the idea of working for them.

Thank Post
    All emails from these guys are now automatically classed as spam.....

I did have a funny one today tho -
    ijtlol.JPG

Their personalised email, where someone forgot to fill in the template

I was sad to hear that Morgan Computers was brought out buy IJTs parent company, I brought my first PC from them!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    All emails from these guys are now automatically classed as spam.....

I did have a funny one today tho -
    ijtlol.JPG

Their personalised email, where someone forgot to fill in the template

I was sad to hear that Morgan Computers was brought out buy IJTs parent company, I brought my first PC from them!!
    I had one today with the <insert name> tag, epic.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Its coming to the point where we are getting close to legal action due to the harassment. They are coming up with more domain names (ijt.makingitgreen.com etc) and its bypassing our filtering somehow, (and yes I have even called smoothwall for advice, although we dont have a smoothwall product, they are fantastic for advice).

And they now ring through with "unknown number" and lie to the receptionist saying they are from another company and I am expecting their call. My account manager for them is a nice bloke (although because of the shocking level of quality, he has since lost out on me as a customer), and it isnt him doing ringing through and lying, so why its happening is beyond me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast