+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, IJT - Ink Jets & Toners - makingitgreen.co.uk ARGHHH in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by localzuk I've got one of their catalogues here, and to be honest, they hardly ever come out ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I've got one of their catalogues here, and to be honest, they hardly ever come out cheapest of my batch of suppliers. But then, that is probably due to the fact that we don't buy many compatibles - all of our printers are under hardware warranty, so we use originals.
    It helps if you speak to a supplier rather than send emails or make silly postings on a forum.

The art of negotiation and communication is certainly lacking here.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,642 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher_Bravo View Post
    It helps if you speak to a supplier rather than send emails or make silly postings on a forum.

I have a school IT system to run... I have contact with roughly 20 suppliers. If a new one sends me a catalogue, their prices had better be damn good for them to justify my spending time contacting them for a quote.

EDIT: Also, as your partner works for them, you are ever so slightly biased. So, random comments slagging off the negotiation skills of another member of the site aren't exactly a smart thing to do.

EDIT 2: You may wish to tone down the sales pitch, as 8 of your 15 posts have either been advertising IJT, or posting about them...
    Last edited by localzuk; 11th February 2009 at 06:38 PM.

Thank Post

Having worked in sales and marketing for most of my working life I've seen things from both sides of the fence. I suspect I'm not alone in not having the time or inclination to phaff around saving pennies. So I tend to buy from the supplier that:

Offers competitive prices first time and every time.
    Delivers the goods
    Responds to problems
    and I have developed a rapport with. This normally happens because of the previous three.

The suppliers who come back offering to match a price tend not to get the business or to quote again. They should have offered a competitive price in the first place.

I'm not best pleased when I tell a supplier that we are only interested in HP originals and they contact our Office offering compats. I suspect the profit margins may be a little better.

Thank Post
    I have a school IT system to run... I have contact with roughly 20 suppliers. If a new one sends me a catalogue, their prices had better be damn good for them to justify my spending time contacting them for a quote.

EDIT: Also, as your partner works for them, you are ever so slightly biased. So, random comments slagging off the negotiation skills of another member of the site aren't exactly a smart thing to do.

EDIT 2: You may wish to tone down the sales pitch, as 8 of your 15 posts have either been advertising IJT, or posting about them...
    Kerpow... That told me

Sorry I didn't mean to offend or single you out in particular, just trying to put a point across.

It's quicker to pick up a phone and have a conversation than to bounce several emails backwards and forwards or put postings on a forum. It must take you ages dealing 20 different suppliers.

Fair enough, if you get a bad level of customer service then post away but at least give them a chance to turn it around before you "Slag them off".

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,642 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kerpow... That told me

Sorry I didn't mean to offend or single you out in particular, just trying to put a point across.

It's quicker to pick up a phone and have a conversation than to bounce several emails backwards and forwards or put postings on a forum. It must take you ages dealing 20 different suppliers.

Fair enough, if you get a bad level of customer service then post away but at least give them a chance to turn it around before you "Slag them off".
    Actually, email is more efficient. All I need to do is outline my requirements, and ping off the emails to the companies in question, and then wait for responses. I'm not going to sit here spending my time pitting one against the other to lower prices, as I simply do not have time! Especially considering the fact that when I buy toner I buy in a big batch, so listing model numbers etc... over the phone is not fun.

But my original comment stands - I don't use IJT because they haven't jumped out at me as being someone I want to add to my list of trusted suppliers. Their advertised prices are nothing amazing.

A question for you. If you were going around shopping for a new Ipod, and there are half a dozen shops in your town selling them, 3 of which have posters on the doors saying 'iPod's now 25% cheaper!!' or something similar, would you go into the other stores anyway? I know I wouldn't.

Thank Post
    Actually, email is more efficient. All I need to do is outline my requirements, and ping off the emails to the companies in question, and then wait for responses. I'm not going to sit here spending my time pitting one against the other to lower prices, as I simply do not have time! Especially considering the fact that when I buy toner I buy in a big batch, so listing model numbers etc... over the phone is not fun.

But my original comment stands - I don't use IJT because they haven't jumped out at me as being someone I want to add to my list of trusted suppliers. Their advertised prices are nothing amazing.

A question for you. If you were going around shopping for a new Ipod, and there are half a dozen shops in your town selling them, 3 of which have posters on the doors saying 'iPod's now 25% cheaper!!' or something similar, would you go into the other stores anyway? I know I wouldn't.
    Good question

I wouldn't go in a shop.. I'd build a rapport with a decent supplier and get them to send me one free of charge

Thank Post
    IJT are just average until something goes wrong - then they show their true colours. Just plain dishonest, don't use them !

IJT

Thank Post

Customer Services

All concerned,

I am sorry to see the apparent issues on this forum that do not seem to have been brought to our attention/addressed.

All IJT remanufactured products do come with a full 12 month warranty stating they will perform at least to the same quality as an original, same print life and will not affect your printer.

Please advise me of your postcode and name of body so that I may retrieve your account history and attempt to resolve your issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours,

Tom Gray
    Sales Manager
    tom.g@ijt.biz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IJT View Post
    All concerned,

I am sorry to see the apparent issues on this forum that do not seem to have been brought to our attention/addressed.

All IJT remanufactured products do come with a full 12 month warranty stating they will perform at least to the same quality as an original, same print life and will not affect your printer.

Please advise me of your postcode and name of body so that I may retrieve your account history and attempt to resolve your issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours,

Tom Gray
    Sales Manager
    tom.g@ijt.biz
    Thanks for your response Tom,

I have got replies from your customer support about 50% of the times I have emailed them. And my last email was copied to you too ! I expect you get a lot of them.

My complaint is:

My department, post code DG7 1BA, had been supplied with IJT cartridges for our Epson Stylus C66. I then got a lot of calls offering two-for-ones and inducements to buy for future stock. Foolishly, I agreed having been told that they were 'fully guaranteed for 12 month' (slightly different, I'm sure you'll agree from 'shelf life 12 months'). When they arrived, the first one I changed did not fit the printer. I notified your customer support department and told them that I had quite a few which might also have the same problem. No-one mentioned a 12-month deadline. I received replacements for two defective units, one of which worked, one seemed part-used and didn't work. When I discovered that all the batch failed to fit the C66, I returned them to IJT. No response. After a couple more emails, I was told that the 12-month deadline had expired. If I'd known about it, I'd have kept the cartridges and offered them on Freeshare - or even bought a printer they fitted, there were enough of them !
    The last response from IJT was a cheeky comment that some of the cartridges supplied wouldn't be black cartridges for a C66 anyway as the code was wrong - well IJT supplied them !!!!
    Thats it, buying cartridges at Tesco at the moment, no shelf life, good guarantee, cheap.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zonnebloem View Post
    Thanks for your response Tom,

I have got replies from your customer support about 50% of the times I have emailed them. And my last email was copied to you too ! I expect you get a lot of them.

My complaint is:

My department, post code DG7 1BA, had been supplied with IJT cartridges for our Epson Stylus C66. I then got a lot of calls offering two-for-ones and inducements to buy for future stock. Foolishly, I agreed having been told that they were 'fully guaranteed for 12 month' (slightly different, I'm sure you'll agree from 'shelf life 12 months'). When they arrived, the first one I changed did not fit the printer. I notified your customer support department and told them that I had quite a few which might also have the same problem. No-one mentioned a 12-month deadline. I received replacements for two defective units, one of which worked, one seemed part-used and didn't work. When I discovered that all the batch failed to fit the C66, I returned them to IJT. No response. After a couple more emails, I was told that the 12-month deadline had expired. If I'd known about it, I'd have kept the cartridges and offered them on Freeshare - or even bought a printer they fitted, there were enough of them !
    The last response from IJT was a cheeky comment that some of the cartridges supplied wouldn't be black cartridges for a C66 anyway as the code was wrong - well IJT supplied them !!!!
    Thats it, buying cartridges at Tesco at the moment, no shelf life, good guarantee, cheap.
    dont buy from tesco fella, give us a try we sell gauranteed toners and catridges and have great feedback from our customers on Edugeek

Thank Post
    I don't like IJT for the same reasons as have been previously mentioned. They refuse to stop flooding me with emails after they have been told time and time again to cease and desist emailing/ringing us as we will no longer deal with them following their threat to take ME to court for the school not making payment during the summer holidays.

After that, school decided that we did not wish to be associated with such a firm at all. BUT their downright annoying sales reps continue to spam me with emails, the office with cold calls and refuse to take any notice that they must no longer ring us as they are now unapproved suppliers.

Quality of HP cartridges however have been fine, but I'll be buying elsewhere in the future.

One thing I don't like about CPLtd (sorry Simon) is that to even see what products you list, I have to register which gives you my email without my even knowing what you offer, never mind prices, so I regret that I doubt I'll be a customer of yours anytime soon. Apologies.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I don't like IJT for the same reasons as have been previously mentioned. They refuse to stop flooding me with emails after they have been told time and time again to cease and desist emailing/ringing us as we will no longer deal with them following their threat to take ME to court for the school not making payment during the summer holidays.

After that, school decided that we did not wish to be associated with such a firm at all. BUT their downright annoying sales reps continue to spam me with emails, the office with cold calls and refuse to take any notice that they must no longer ring us as they are now unapproved suppliers.

Quality of HP cartridges however have been fine, but I'll be buying elsewhere in the future.

One thing I don't like about CPLtd (sorry Simon) is that to even see what products you list, I have to register which gives you my email without my even knowing what you offer, never mind prices, so I regret that I doubt I'll be a customer of yours anytime soon. Apologies.
    Hi Dragonrider,

As we work as a broker/personal shopper for our customers there is not really anything for you to view on our website, if anything our weakest point is our website, but that doesnt mean you cant just send us a pm on here or email us what your looking for, unlike many other resellers we dont mailshot your email addy at all you can ask anybody here , we dont print a brochure and anything spammy like that,
    having your email doesnt mean we will abuse it if you check out edugeek feedback and there is plenty of it you will see how people love the fact we dont hassle you ,
    Next time your looking for anything try us out, send me a email or pm on here and see what you think

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbles99 View Post
    Unlike others, I have found these IJT inkjet cartridges reliable and very economical.
    I had a problem when a code I entered on an order form appeared to be accepted, but the promised 25% reduction was not made.
    On emailing the company the matter was rectified in a polite way, and my credit card reimbursed.
    I reamin a very satisfied customer.
    Interesting that you have 1 post and have left it at that.

For me its not quicker to pick up the phone, especially with pushy sales people.

As for the give them a chance before you slag them off? As it was me that started the original post all that time ago and a different alias ago, i will say that i originally gave IJT a chance and i am sure my fellow edugeekers would also do the same, the problem i had was given the chance and 2nd chance and 3rd chance they were still horrible to deal with and it looks as though nothing has changed.

Excactly what bugged me, asked them several times to stop the Emails / phone calls and faxes.
    Matt

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Many thanks for your pm Dragonrider I will get to work on a quote for you straight away,

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We also have a new forum sponsor coming on board soon who specilaise in office consumables, printers and office supplies and are a very reputable Lancashire based company who have been working with schools for 20 years. Watch this space (or rather, watch the Office Software forum!).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast