+ Post New Thread
Bad Experiences Thread, ERGO in Purchasing and Trading; This may be a bit premature, but I am starting to get a bad feeling about ERGO. We have previously ...
    Thank Post

ERGO

This may be a bit premature, but I am starting to get a bad feeling about ERGO. We have previously purchased laptops from them, two at a time for staff, and they had been great. Easy to set up, felt good to use, etc. But the last two we bought a few weeks ago are giving me hassles, and I am finding Tech Support being less than helpful. is it normal to be asked to reinstall Windows on a laptop purchased within the last month when you have a 3 year rtb warranty and they've already sent you one replacement hard drive for another windows related problem??? Maybe I just have high expectations????

Thank Post

Re: ERGO

I've always thought highly of their tech support. They fixed my laptop, even though it was outside of the 3 yr warranty. When we called to report 2 other broken laptops, their was a technition on site within 3 hours.
    One of the problems, however was caused by a the teacher pouring lemonade over the computer. It ended up costing more than the PC to fix

Thank Post

Re: ERGO

Quote Originally Posted by eean
    I've always thought highly of their tech support. They fixed my laptop, even though it was outside of the 3 yr warranty. When we called to report 2 other broken laptops, their was a technition on site within 3 hours.
    Glad to hear that. As I said, I may be a being a bit premature. But to have to spend all this time trying to sort out a very new laptop, when the second one we purchased (same model) at the same time is fine is very frustrating. Have been on to my (new) account manager now and grumbled politely. Will post again if things get sorted out well.

Thank Post
    Sorry, forgot to post back. ERGO did sort things, but it did mean sitting through my lunch hour for two days watching a remote support engineer going through exactly all the things I'd already tried, and then failing to fix it, and then agreeing to send me yet another replacement hard drive. This time it installed the SMART drivers OK and so far all seems well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have in excess of 100 ERGO laptops ensis and vista and have found them and the support very good we have only had a few problems but every time they have been on the ball. Maybe you should contact your account manager

Thank Post
    Reinstall windows, in the top ten ways to break the will of the people you are there to help.

reminds me of the Three dead trolls skitt, welcome to the internet helpdesk.

Troll XP

I know a lot of 12 o'clock flashers.
    Last edited by ICT_GUY; 8th May 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    Reinstall windows, in the top ten ways to break the will of the people you are there to help.

reminds me of the Three dead trolls skitt, welcome to the internet helpdesk.

Troll XP

I know a lot of 12 o'clock flashers.
    can we have this in english please? sounds like it could be funny

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerste View Post
    can we have this in english please? sounds like it could be funny
    Watch the vid.

12 oclock flasher = someone who has every appliance in his / her house flashing 120clock.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    Watch the vid.

12 oclock flasher = someone who has every appliance in his / her house flashing 120clock.
    That'll be this house when the key meter doesn't get topped up then!

Thank Post
    We've had a few runins with Ergo support for the Ensis laptops. One flaky inverter, one flaky charging circuit. Quite helpful, nice to deal with. Not like Sony, who we'll never buy another laptop from. Useless sods. Sent a VAIO back for repair, it came back badly assembled, with bits missing. AND they argued the toss.

Thank Post
    We have several Ergo laptops. One of my users managed to break the power socket on the back. I sent it off to Ergo, and recevied as quote for 160, to replace a compnent that would cost me a couple of quid at Maplins. When I declined, I still had to pay the inspection fee (60) and the courier fee (15 each way. Cost 120 for nothing done.

Won't go there again, then...

7&Y

Thank Post
    I have dealt with Ergo networks in two different schools and I have to say that they are both complete headaches.

The kit itself seems pretty bullet proof stuff, but the way it's installed and then trying to get help afterwards is just a nightmare.

1. Redirect's on My documents have been setup for some staff, but not all so some are working on the server and others are working locally which obviously causes problems when working on a different computer.

2. Network printers installed without a fixed IP address. Printer was switched off during holidays, got a different IP address after the holiday, server couldn't find it anymore.

3. Server plugged in to the 'surge protected' socket on a UPS, not the socket connected to the actualy battery so when the power went off, so did the server. The monitor stayed on though as this was in the socket connected to the battery.

4. Phone up for help and (as someone else said) they do everything again you've already told them you've done. They have always tried their hardest to not come and visit to sort a problem

5. Both of the schools in question have now opted out of their annual support contract as they have more confidence in us supporting them.

I always put on the bottom of big complaints like this that I could have just been unfortunate and they may actually be really good. I'm just giving my story of what I have experienced. Doesn't mean they are always rubbish.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread