+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, Infotheek - harassing in Purchasing and Trading; So, after my last question about whether anyone has dealt with this company, I can now safely say - they ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries

Infotheek - harassing

So, after my last question about whether anyone has dealt with this company, I can now safely say - they are very annoying.

I have received a never-ending stream of phone calls and emails, even after telling the sales guy to stop calling.

Along with that, the sales guy also tried the tactic of calling my technician instead of me.

So, unless you wish to be harassed, avoid.

Thank Post
    I do not support harrasment from sales companies as they are going to be the death of me to! But I currently use Infotheek as a supplier and although they were very persistant with me also I gave them a chance to quote and I was very interested by their prices. So I did the usual checks to see whether the stock was official HP stock and not grey (which it was). As far as I am aware they have been established is Europe since 1991 and are the biggest Renew parntner of HP, signalling they are very close with HP. Once you fully grasp their concept of End of Life stock (model before the last) they can offer cost savings in the immediate and distant future for our school. I do not know what your school's platform consists of but for me where I standardise on the laptops and desktops I buy, they can support me for the future. Again I am suprised by your experience with the company but I am a extremely approving the concept they bring to schools.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Interesting first post ya got there.

I've got to say, I can't see your comment helping anyone's opinion of the company. It's certainly put me off ever having any contact with them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
    I do not support harrasment from sales companies as they are going to be the death of me to! But I currently use Infotheek as a supplier and although they were very persistant with me also I gave them a chance to quote and I was very interested by their prices. So I did the usual checks to see whether the stock was official HP stock and not grey (which it was). As far as I am aware they have been established is Europe since 1991 and are the biggest Renew parntner of HP, signalling they are very close with HP. Once you fully grasp their concept of End of Life stock (model before the last) they can offer cost savings in the immediate and distant future for our school. I do not know what your school's platform consists of but for me where I standardise on the laptops and desktops I buy, they can support me for the future. Again I am suprised by your experience with the company but I am a extremely approving the concept they bring to schools.

hmmm

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 1,340 Posts
    You lot are so suspicious

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As I just 5 minutes ago received an email from the company mentioning grey imports, yes, I am very suspicious. I am pretty firmly putting this company in my "wouldn't touch with a intergalactic sized barge-pole" list.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    You lot are so suspicious
    Quite. It's very nice of someone to join edugeek just to tell us how good a company is. Nothing suspicious about it and I'm sure it will generate a whole lot of business for them (well, a nice round number anyway).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    Quite. It's very nice of someone to join edugeek just to tell us how good a company is. Nothing suspicious about it and I'm sure it will generate a whole lot of business for them (well, a nice round number anyway).
    Exactly. I am so unsuspicious I am about to ask them for a quote right now based on that lovely review above. I am interested in their 'concept'.

Oh wait I got that confused with 'put then on the list of companies not to deal with'. Tsk scatterbrain.

Thank Post
    So I did the usual checks to see whether the stock was official HP stock and not grey (which it was).
    What?! It WAS grey???

Edit: @localzuk Interestingly, this post appears on page 3 of a Google search for "Infotheek", is #2 in a search for "Infotheek experience" and #1 for "Infotheek experiences".

However, it does not appear anywhere (at least not in the first 10 pages) with the search terms "Infotheek review", "Infotheek feedback" or "Infotheek Customer feedback"... yet!

Edit: Edit: - St Andrew's location is stated as England, but the flag is Netherlands. Where are Infotheek based? Any ideas anybody?
    Last edited by StevieM; 21st November 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Wow people reply on here fast!

I was actually doing some reasearch on the English Branch of the company because of due diligence purposes and when I put the company name into google this is one of the sites that came up. I have always been too busy to start using these kind of forum however when I saw the negative publicity I registered to give my view on the matter as I believe it is a unique concept that Infotheek have brought to the UK market. I will still be interested in using their services however you may deicide differently.

(StevieM: No, the stock was not grey)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieM View Post
    Edit: Edit: - St Andrew's location is stated as England, but the flag is Netherlands. Where are Infotheek based? Any ideas anybody?
    Sorry that's incorrect, its actually stated as 'Englan' which is a small village in the district of Wokha, in the Nagaland state of India

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Sorry that's incorrect, its actually stated as 'Englan' which is a small village in the district of Wokha, in the Nagaland state of India
    And IT companies would NEVER outsource to India... Oh, wait.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Sorry. My bad.

I believe it is a unique concept that Infotheek have brought to the UK market.
    And I look forward to Infotheek winning a BETT award in 2014.

Thank Post
    I was born in the netherlands!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieM View Post
    Seems they started out in the Netherlands. How ... co-incidental!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast