+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bad Experiences Thread, Argos and pitiful service. in Purchasing and Trading; Amazon use a company called the Home Delivery Network. I think all their drivers are dead from the neck up. ...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Argos and pitiful service.

Amazon use a company called the Home Delivery Network. I think all their drivers are dead from the neck up. We've had parcels left on the doorstep, under our car parked on the drive, in our greenhouse, under a wheelbarrow.....

......sometimes they will leave a card telling us where they've put it but sometimes they don't. £330 worth of kit once sat in our greenhouse for nearly a week because they hadn't stuck a card through the door and irate phonecalls to Amazon couldn't establish what had happened to our order. My wife found the parcel when she went looking for some garden tools. I went mental and sent the nastiest letter I've ever sent to HDN - total w****rs.

Thank Post

^ Shouldnt have told them and just asked for the money back. After the amount of stuff that been nicked in the post i certainly wouldnt let on when my turn for abit of fortune comes around.

PEO
    Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box
    I'm trying to keep calm as I write this.

Oct 2nd I order an iPod Touch from the Argos web site. It is both listed as being in stock and deliverable within 3 days, so I order it and they take the money. The delivery date was the morning of the 5th. I take the morning off on the 5th so as to ensure I don't miss the delivery man. All that arrives however is a letter from Argos stating that 'Sorry, whilst we said we had them in stock we actually didn't and it will be with you by the 12th...Promise'
    The 12th comes and a phone call from Argos tells me that it will arrive between 7am and 1pm on the 15th guarenteed.
    Yesterday they phone again telling me that they are going to phone again with a new delivery date as they still odn't have any!!!
    W...T...F!!!
    What a total shambles. I don't think I shall order anything from Argos again. What is the point of having a computerised ordering system which does not tie in with the stock?
    Argos was on watch dog a little while back. some poor couple had to wait for a sofa, that took 8 month to deliver i beleive.

as the kids would say here

Thats propper shocking that like :!:

I would report them to Watchdog

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,898 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy
    Amazon use a company called the Home Delivery Network. I think all their drivers are dead from the neck up. We've had parcels left on the doorstep, under our car parked on the drive, in our greenhouse, under a wheelbarrow.....
    BT use them too - I've found them excellent. Prompt, reliable and friendly...

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy
    Home Delivery Network.
    That was who couldn't work out where no 1 is in relation to nos 2 and 3!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,165 Times in 990 Posts
    Blog Entries

I cancelled my order this morning. The customer services guy told me that 'We have to get a special delivery cetificate becase they are so delicate Apple are insisting on it'.
    Sounds like total pap to me. A guy on another site has said that Argos told him their shipment had been stolen!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk
    BT use them too - I've found them excellent. Prompt, reliable and friendly...
    Well the recruitment/calibre of delivery employee in your area must be much better.... 8O

Or, you're being sarcastic!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box
    I cancelled my order this morning. The customer services guy told me that 'We have to get a special delivery cetificate becase they are so delicate Apple are insisting on it'.
    Sounds like total pap to me. A guy on another site has said that Argos told him their shipment had been stolen!

Well id be reconsidering buying one if they are that delicate

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12