+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bad Experiences Thread, A2Z Computers in Purchasing and Trading; Talk about being messed around, I want 1 IWB installed in a room after school has finished, there is someone ...
    Thank Post

A2Z Computers

Talk about being messed around, I want 1 IWB installed in a room after school has finished, there is someone in school until 10:00pm, but they just can't get the install done.

3 times we have been scheduled in now, 3 times they haven't been or have come at the wrong time, the last time they expected us to move lessons out of the classroom with no warning because they turned up at the wrong time, instead of turning up at 3:30 they turned up at 9:15am.

I've just about had enough of this company now I would not recomend them to anyone now.

Thank Post

Re: A2Z Computers

Sorry off topic but - Out of interest.... Someone in school till 10pm?! I thought our opening hours were bad! Is it a community school?

Thank Post

I think A2Z is fantastic, We've never had any problems with them in the past. Have you tried getting in touch with your accounts manager rep? Tell him how miffed of you are and that you want it resolving now or you will be taking your business else were.

Thank Post

To start with A2Z were quite good with the computer kit they provided. We've had servers and PC's from them at good prices and they've all been reliable.

It's just been this rubbish with the IWB. From what i've been told, their AV team is not part of A2Z, they sub-contract to another firm and apparantly they have had problems in the past.

With regards to staff being in up to 10:00pm it's because the site staff have started working shifts because there's 4 of them.

Thank Post

Presumably this is a different company to A2Z Computing from South Wales?

Thank Post

im guessing its the A2Z that is based in loughborough?

They always use to call me, but there were never able to match prices of others..

Thank Post

Yeah, it's the one in Loughborough

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Which sub contractor are they using for AV?

We have used A2Z for years, and found them good, but the last AV install they did for us was not with their usual AV supplier, who didn`t do a good a job as the normal one.

Have you raised this with A2Z?

Thank Post

We had great deals from A2Z during the summer. I'd definitely recommend them so far. Although, the phone calls every couple of days asking if everything is ok is starting to get a bit much.

Thank Post
    I'm glad that I am not the only one that has had bad experience with A2Z in Loughborough.

If I listed all of the problems I have had, from start to finish, I would run out of space in this post!

We have been fighting with A2Z since the start of September 2007 to come in and finish their work - that is 4 1/2 months and counting! Their communication is almost non-existant (a number of times we have had to email and phone every other day just to get a response).

We will be breaking out the champagne when it's all done.

Thank Post
    I used them a lot in the past at a previous school and were good on price for bits n pieces. I found once they started branching into bigger systems and full solutions they seemed not to have the necessary after-sales support in place for the growth that took place - this is going back 3 years but have not had any dealings with them recently

Thank Post
    I have used A2Z extensively over the last year having spent in excess of 100K over the last 12 months; something I wouldn't have done if I didn't like them. The PCs and servers we have had installed were built with quality components, cheap and best of all, come with a three year warranty.

Could it be the account manager who is at fault? I suggest you try Scott Mitchell next time...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As said to MD at BETT sales side is great but after sales and if have issues lets the company down in a big way.

Russ

Thank Post
    I visited the A2Z offices a few weeks back and had an extensive chat with the 'new' MD - he seems quite keen on stamping on the poor service as he wants to change the company's focus...

Thank Post
    Cant comment on their AV stuff as the last one I had done by them was years ago. Havn't had any problems with them, in fact they even managed to give us a fantastic deal on 48 machines recently (which we would have loved to go with if internal politics hadnt have gotten in the way, sorry Peter!)
    We've been lucky enough to have the same account manager ever since we started using them 7+ years ago, great bloke who actually quotes what you ask for and doesnt phone everyday to hassle you (unlike a certain other supplier who doesnt understand that when the IT purchaser is on holiday, it's no good ignoring me and phoning everyday anyway)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast