+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bad Experiences Thread, Lapsafe in Purchasing and Trading; Out of interest trekmad - how much roughly did Lapsafe charge to come out & replace it? I've got the ...

Thank Post

Re: Lapsafe

Out of interest trekmad - how much roughly did Lapsafe charge to come out & replace it?

I've got the laptop trolley opened now thanks to your instructions - just gotta remove those bolts in silly positions after lunch!

Thank Post

Woohoo - a good result!

I phoned LapSafe again today, and they immediately took my details & said they would send a connector out to me free of charge - which will be with me ASAP.

Very impressed with them - wonderful polite service. (How ironic in a bad experiences forum!)

Thank Post

I have had nothing but trouble with Lapsafe over the last six years.

I lost faith in them when I realised that the original ones I ordered all had the same lock not only as each other, but as every other lapsafe ever made.

I think it was when their MD told me that a lapsafe is not designed as a security product but merely as a charging station that I realised what I was up against.

At the time they had only one engineer who was not only responsible for site repairs of all of them, but he was also the guy that built them all in the factory.

Hopefully they have improved somewhat since then, and after much arguing they did agree to come and change all the locks on our original lapsafes.

All our lapsafes still work - but whenever we have to have them repaired we know we are in for a rough ride!

Thank Post

They still have one engineer who is the delivery person. We are still waiting after two weeks for a date to come and fix the power supply. The customer service is awful they say they will ring back and never do.

Thank Post
    last time i spoke to lapsafe they had 1 engineer who was pulled of the workline to go out to clients.

Also do they still supply every lapsafe withthe same key?

Took us 6 mths to get all the locks changed!

Also lapsafe are not sold as a secure storage system only charging stations so the Safe bit is a bit misleading!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 726 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDB View Post
    Also do they still supply every lapsafe withthe same key?

Also lapsafe are not sold as a secure storage system only charging stations so the Safe bit is a bit misleading!
    Well the 3 I have all have different keys. Also they are sold as secure.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsafe website
    Secure storage and recharging for xx to xx laptops
    And for an example of their real world security see this recent post.

Thank Post
    Not sure about all this "one key fits all" business We have several lapsafes and they keys are all different

Thank Post

Lapsafe issues

Hi All

I have just read through this thread with interest.

I am surprised that the reseller's whom you purchased the trolley's from haven't dealt with these issues for you? We have been a Lapsafe reseller for 4+ years with many clients and we have always liased with Lapsafe regarding any issues with the systems on behalf of the educational establishments to ensure customer satisfaction.

From our close working with Lapsafe we have never had any issues of this kind and Lapsafe have always been extremely helpful.

It is the reseller (lapsafe do not sell direct) that sells the trolley and they should be the first port of call if there is an issue that is not under the standard warranty, after all they are the ones who ultimately sell them to you.

We always take ownership of issues with anything we sell to ensure our clients get the support they require! After all customer service is one of the largest differentiating factors these days!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12